• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2013 (Jan 28 - Feb 03)

WiiU at Vita levels you say??? Come on, this is too much of an exaggeration.
WiiU lags any software launches those weeks, and despite the slow sales, it has games consistently charting at the top 20 which Vita lacked completely.

It's still too early to put the Vita etiquette on the WiiU, because the scenarios are completely different:
1. While Vita hadn't a single game on the top 20 except for the launch week, WiiU has had at least 2 or 3 the bast majority of weeks from launch to now. This seems the slowest week it has had, and it still put 1 game on the 18th place.

2. WiiU is the FIRST of it's generation, while the Vita had to compete against a 3DS that was selling considerably during a year. Of course, from a 3rd party point of view, it's not the same investing in a console with a low start but with no competition, than investing on a console which competition has a big userbase advantage and it's outselling it week by week.

3. Nintendo is not Sony. How many first party titles were being prepared to support the Vita? Most of them were launched with the console, and then nothing remarkable anymore. In fact, even the first party software that launched wasn't a Japanese focused one.
Nintendo is preparing for this year a battery of first party and externally developed software to fight against PS4 and 720 launches much more Japanese-appealing than the Vita will ever have.
Monolith soft X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Zelda, Mario Kart, New Mario 3D, Yoshi's epic Yarn, Bayoneta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.
Even if one or two of these doesn't make it until 2014, there is still a great amount of games that have a great potential on that market.

^Wii U^ numbers are at Vita levels.
That much is just a fact. Argue over your view on the situation but WiiU is at Vita levels.

I feel like this needs to be plastered somewhere. Wii U entire dated releases in Japan

02/21 Tank! Tank! Tank!
03/20 Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...
03/28 Game & Wario
05/23 BioHazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition

That's some sad shit right here. What about Vita?

I think Tank!Tank!Tank! is going to Tank!Tank!Tank!.

image.php

I feel like this needs to be plastered somewhere. Wii U entire dated releases in Japan

02/21 Tank! Tank! Tank!
03/20 Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...
03/28 Game & Wario
05/23 BioHazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition

It makes me cry a little.

Bring on releasedates! (Or at east games to announce release dates for ;) )

Jackano

Havn't Iwata said that Animal Crossing have 20-25% digital sales total? So it's basically 500K-ish more? If so, it's almost at 3M...

DrWong

I kind of get the feeling that this exact same question is asked every week. It's the final Taiko Wii game. It's the biggest console Taiko game ever. The song list is as big as any of the arcade versions (100+ songs) so the value within it is staggering not to mention there are console-exclusive songs. So fuck paying 100 yen to play 3 or 4 songs in the arcade.

I know that ;] I was curious about the noticeable difference in the chart between Famitus & Media Create (Top 3 for one and top 9 for the other) as there's no DL cards or stuff like that to explain it.

vareon

Maybe, though I don't know that 200k is all that great. Though I don't know their expectations.

The game bounced back after having a supply constrain last month and there's a campaign from Level 5 to "celebrate its success", whatever that means. I think it's safe to say that it's a moderate success.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Numbers aren't lying. As of right now, that's precisely where it is. Doesn't mean that's where it'll stay, but let's not beat around the bush here.

Yes and no- the numbers don't lie and the weekly numbers right now are at Vita levels. On the other hand, overall hardware and software numbers are still better by a decent amount.

I love looking at these numbers after hearing all the bullshit about 3DS on this forum. Its so relieving to see the system loved by so many! ^_^

wrowa

I wonder if the current state of the Wii U is going to hurt the relationship between Nintendo and SE. The weak Wii U launch might influence DQX's long term success badly and I don't think SE wants to see subscriber numbers decrease because people are fed up with the Wii and don't own a Wii U to continue playing. Also, with the Wii being past its lifetime and the Wii U struggling to gather attention, it becomes increasingly difficult to attract new players.

Of course, in the end it was SE's decision to put the game on Wii and Wii U, but I'd believe that Nintendo promised them something different...

Now if only that love would extend beyond Japan... :(

It's slowly happening! NoA has fucked everything up but thankfully the real Nintendo is getting involved and fixing the situation. I know it sucks but we as fans have to really do our part in showing everyone whats so great about the games. We need to spread the Monster Hunter awesomeness and let everyone know about all the greatness the system has.

E-Cat

2. WiiU is the FIRST of its generation, while the Vita had to compete against a 3DS that was selling considerably during a year.
And this is a good indicator for the Wii U... how? Also, it's arguably the LAST of its generation (you know, power-wise).

SmokyDave

It's slowly happening! NoA has fucked everything up but thankfully the real Nintendo is getting involved and fixing the situation. I know it sucks but we as fans have to really do our part in showing everyone whats so great about the games. We need to spread the Monster Hunter awesomeness and let everyone know about all the greatness the system has.

Maybe Nintendo could run a scheme where they rewarded you with a $20 eShop voucher!

Maybe Nintendo could run a scheme where they rewarded you with a $20 eShop voucher!

Do you mean give out a $20 voucher if you purchase both copies?

It sucks NoA messed this all up, if we had Monster Hunter Tri G 3DS since 2 Decembers ago this would all be working out nicely and we could have gotten Ultimate with our Wii U launch which was really needed. With them both being pushed out at once the whole situation doesn't make as much sense but I am ultimately really glad we are getting both and getting prepped for Monster Hunter 4.

Tank! Tank! Tank! is one of the biggest Miiverse communities in Japan, it got released in the eShop weeks ago.

Though, it's F2P.

Wait... Tank! Tank! Tank! is free to play in Japan? That's awesome for them! I really want the game, definitely going to be one of my first pick-ups when I get a Wii U.

SmokyDave

Do you mean give out a $20 voucher if you purchase both copies?
Nah, I was just taking the mickey because Sony do a 'friend referral' scheme for the Vita which is more or less what you were suggesting.

It sucks NoA messed this all up, if we had Monster Hunter Tri G 3DS since 2 Decembers ago this would all be working out nicely and we could have gotten Ultimate with our Wii U launch which was really needed. With them both being pushed out at once the whole situation doesn't make as much sense but I am ultimately really glad we are getting both and getting prepped for Monster Hunter 4.
I don't think MH has that kind of crazy appeal in the west but I might well be wrong.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I wonder if Sony could get namco to delay the ps3 version of pirate warriors 2 and launch a special edition one piece/vita bundle. Nah Sony isn't that smart.

And Namco isn't that stupid.

Hmm. With Nintendo forming more and more direct relationships with third parties. Even giving them access to Nintendo IPs. A no Vita policy would be easy to add considering the weakness of the platform.

Sure if both were living in Vacuum

But Sony also has PS3 and PS4 while Nintendo has Wii U.

Fantasy Life did quite well. Now let's see if L5 didn't milk the future of this title to death.

Space Life
Modern Life
Animal Life
Layton Life
Western Life
etc.

Joke asides, I'm very happy Level5 is succeeding with a new IP. Strange that all the people joking about the company's failures of the last period now they completely avoid to comment about how successful the game is.

05./00. [PS3] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale <FTG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.01.31} (¥5.980) - 13.119 / NEW

CraigandSmokeydaaaaamn.gif

Top Bottom