• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2015 (Jan 26 - Feb 01)

casiopao

136,509 as of June, 2013 (the game was released in December, 2012).

Ohhhh sad.T_T it seems it is not as succesful as the previous entry.

Any comparison with other of the kinda same field genre?

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Tomodachi Life
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Story of Season
Fantasy Life+Link
Rune Factory 4
Disney Magical Castle

I know Nippon Colombia also make a bit title there for these kind of fans(the magic of chocolate kind of title.)

More company should make this kind sims kind of game here as most of the title here is good quality here.^~^

It's hilarious if it'll sell close to SK2. The lack of hype, given the platforms, is worrying though.

Ohhhh sad.T_T it seems it is not as succesful as the previous entry.

Any comparison with other of the kinda same field genre?

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Tomodachi Life
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Story of Season
Fantasy Life+Link
Rune Factory 4
Disney Magical Castle

I know Nippon Colombia also make a bit title there for these kind of fans(the magic of chocolate kind of title.)

More company should make this kind sims kind of game here as most of the title here is good quality here.^~^

Animal Crossing New Leaf >4m
Tomodachi Life >1.7m
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning 300k
Story of Season > 220k
Fantasy Life+Link > 350k
Rune Factory 4 > 200k
Disney Magical Castle 500k

It is a ranking of at closing time February 9, 2015

[PSV] God Eater 2 Rage burst - 351pt
[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes darkness dragon and of the world tree castle - 229pt
[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes darkness dragon and of the world tree castle - 140pt
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D - 110pt
[PS3] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 89pt
[3DS] Seven Deadly Sins truth of false accusation - 70pt
[PS4] Bloodborne Limited Edition - 65pt
[PSV] Sword Art Online - Lost Song - (Limited Edition) - 64pt
[PS3] Sengoku Musou 4-Ⅱ (Normal Edition) - 55pt
[PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 48pt
[PSV] Digimon Story cyber Sul © over scan - 43pt
[PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 42pt
[3DS] World Tree and Mystery Dungeon - 41pt
[PS4] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 41pt
[PSV] Sword Art Online - Lost Song - (Normal Edition) - 38pt
[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 36pt
[PSV] shepherd -Library Party- (Limited Edition) of the large library - 32pt
[PS4] God Eater 2 Rage burst - 31pt
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 31pt
[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 26pt

wow seems like GE2BR is gonna kicking some ass
it has more points than all the 3DS titles combined
Seems like it. I am curious to see how it sells on the PS4.

ibdiNYjyJ3qSTW.gif
Was it really necessary to comment with this stupid GIF?

casiopao

It's hilarious if it'll sell close to SK2. The lack of hype, given the platforms, is worrying though.

Animal Crossing New Leaf >4m
Tomodachi Life >1.7m
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning 300k
Story of Season > 220k
Fantasy Life+Link > 350k
Rune Factory 4 > 200k
Disney Magical Castle 500k

Boy, AC is such a monster here.

But really here, seeing the list there as long as the game is quite good and had nice aesthetic, it is at least free 100k+ sales here.

...... This makes me think lol. Won't FF animal crossing style will sell more than surely Explorer here.

And I really wonder, how good will Popolocrois do here. 200k sounds good if u ask me especially after how long the IP in dormant.

Sandfox

I forgot SK was even coming out next month until it was mentioned in this thread lol. It has some pretty steep competition so I have no idea what to expect from it.

Oregano

But really here, seeing the list there as long as the game is quite good and had nice aesthetic, it is at least free 100k+ sales here.

...... This makes me think lol. Won't FF animal crossing style will sell more than surely Explorer here.

And I really wonder, how good will Popolocrois do here. 200k sounds good if u ask me especially after how long the IP in dormant.

That'd be hilarious. My Life as a King had similar aspects and was seemingly very popular.

I'm surprised Capcom didn't make a new Felyne village game for 3DS.

FluxWaveZ

This news is probably gonna end up with a substantial thread, but apparently it's been discovered that Square Enix Holdings had trademarked "Squaresoft" and "Enix" on January 19th, 2015. Rumors of a brand separation ensue.

Oregano

This news is probably gonna end up with a substantial thread, but apparently it's been discovered that Square Enix Holdings had trademarked "Squaresoft" and "Enix" on January 19th, 2015. Rumors of a brand separation ensue.

Couldn't they need those trademarks for stuff like Virtual Console and Game Archives?

I wouldn't assume a brand separation, what would be the benefit?

FluxWaveZ

Couldn't they need those trademarks for stuff like Virtual Console and Game Archives?

I wouldn't assume a brand separation, what would be the benefit?

I've got no idea; the rumor just ensues from the blog. The trademarks for legacy releases would make sense, though.

artenight

Banned

Seems like it will be a rough 2015 for 3DS, third parties will slowly abandon the ship when they'll see results like that.

Considering the game's more than a month from release and preorders would be split between four SKUs, your concern seems misplaced.

Maybe it does.

But I was expecting PSV version with early strong pre-orders, given the audience and the first successful entries. Perhaps there are too many SKUs (e.g. 4: PSV and PS4 normal editions and PSV and PS4 limited edition) so pre-orders are dispersed.

Life-sim are surely popular in Japan. I'm expecting Nintendo to jump on the amiibo train with AC, if not on Wii U than on 3DS. Konami should develop another Magician's Quest.

Seems like it will be a rough 2015 for 3DS, third parties will slowly abandon the ship when they'll see results like that.

Which results? This year, 3DS still has the best-selling games and the higher number of games in the rankings. Also, it's the top-selling hardware.

test_account

XP-39C²
?

You are completely way off.
Fair enough. "Further proof" made it sound to me that someone had claimed otherwise, that such sales wasnt possible on the 3DS, so i just had to ask. Maybe not impossible like i first mentioned, but at least unlikely. Nothing too important, i just had to ask out of curiousity =)

Fair enough. "Further proof" made it sound to me that someone had claimed otherwise, that such sales wasnt possible on the 3DS, so i just had to ask. Maybe not impossible like i first mentioned, but at least unlikely. Nothing too important, i just had to ask out of curiousity =)

"The Academy Award nomination is a further proof that the movie is at least good". Does this sound that might be a response to someone that said the movie wasn't good? To me, absolutely not. Just a way to stress an argument that is not much debated here. Well, maybe 'cause I don't like behindology ;)

Really curious to see how Persona 4 Dacing is going to perform.

Persona fabase is strong, as seen for spin-offs such as Persona 4 Arena and Persona Q. Dancing games are also popular on PSV, thanks to Hatsune Miku. It should crack the 180k mark easily.

test_account

XP-39C²
"The Academy Award nomination is a further proof that the movie is at least good". Does this sound that might be a response to someone that said the movie wasn't good? To me, absolutely not. Just a way to stress an argument that is not much debated here. Well, maybe 'cause I don't like behindology ;)
Its not a case of behindology when someone is simply interpreting something differently, which is what i did here. I never said that you had some hidden agenda, or that you ment something else than what you said. Otherwise it would mean that everyone who interpreted something different or misunderstand something (which is something basically everyone does from time to time) would be doing behindology. It could also be possible to say that you're practicing behindology right now, when it seems that you're saying that i'm doing it, meaning that you're reading things into something that isnt there, which would be ironic hehe :p =)

But yeah, i think that "further proof" can be interpreted like that depending on the setting. In this case, in a sales thread, i know that a lot of things have been discussed on both sides. Proof is used to rule out doubts, so i was wondering if someone here have had any doubts about it. It was just a normal question out of curiousity =) But of course, it could also just be a phrase that is said just in case someone had been doubting it. Or like you said, to stress the arguement, in case anyone had been doubting it.

Generaly speaking, i'm not a fan of behindology either, i agree. I am however a big fan of making things clear, and thats being done by asking. Then there is much less reason to speculate. Not asking questions and making statements about someone based on assumtions only, that is not a good thing indeed. I also think its healthy to not take everything at face value.

EDIT: I edited some of the text.

m0t0k1

Has there been any general consensus to why Phantasy Star Nova didnt sell more than it did?

Because it used to be a free download on psn?

At least i remember hearing the game was a free download for the a couple of months until the retail version arrived but i am not to certain anymore. Don't have any proof on it but i remember something being mentioned in older media create threads plus for the fact you cant use that download link anymore to buy it and a new page was made on psn.

Oregano

Has there been any general consensus to why Phantasy Star Nova didnt sell more than it did?

Why buy Nova when PSO2 is free?

I imagine that is the most likely reason.

At least i remember hearing the game was a free download for the a couple of months until the retail version arrived but i am not to certain anymore. Don't have any proof on it but i remember something being mentioned in older media create threads plus for the fact you cant use that download link anymore to buy it and a new page was made on psn.

That is PSO2. PSN is a full retail spin-off.

test_account

XP-39C²

Yeah, Phantasy Star Nova wasnt free. You're most likely thinking about Phantasy Star Online 2, indeed :)

I guess it would make sense that PSO2 could affect the sales of PSN. I think it also was a strange design choice to not have online multiplayer in PSN.

hiska-kun

Amiibos in Japan (Bic Camera)

品切れ中 (Sold Out)
A24D6C78-1536-4DAF-974C-D235E992FED5_zpsauntrojn.jpg

86D054B0-D95B-475D-B392-593B58576733_zpsiitwf9e1.jpg

Toon Link, Sheik, Ike, Lucario, Estela, Dedede, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon and Marth Sold Out. (Villager should be sold out too since is nowhere to be seen in the stand).

monpiece

Banned
If that's the case I don't know whether it's funny/sad/expected that more people downloaded PSO2 than bought PSN in the last few months.

It is even more funny/sad that it looks like more people bought the packaged version of PSO2 than PS Nova.

m0t0k1

Yeah, Phantasy Star Nova wasnt free. You're most likely thinking about Phantasy Star Online 2, indeed :)

I guess it would make sense that PSO2 could affect the sales of PSN. I think it also was a strange design choice to not have online multiplayer in PSN.

I see, now at least that is cleared from my mind thanks guys.

hiska-kun

According to Tsutaya, Dragon Ball Xenoverse sold 140% of the last entry. All versions had stock problems, limiting their potential sales.

Media Create:
[PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥7.480) - 30.192 / NEW
[PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥6.480) - 22.901 / NEW

Tsutaya says that pre-orders for Zelda: Majora's Mask are strong and is expected to top the charts by a good margin the following week.
Samurai Warriors 4-II PS3 > PS4 is expected, but PS4 should sell better than other entries.
After SW4-II, The Seven Deadly Sins (3DS) will follow.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
According to Tsutaya, Dragon Ball Xenoverse sold 140% of the last entry. All versions had stock problems, limiting their potential sales.

Media Create:
[PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥7.480) - 30.192 / NEW
[PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥6.480) - 22.901 / NEW

Tsutaya says that pre-orders for Zelda: Majora's Mask are strong and is expected to top the charts by a good margin the following week.
Samurai Warriors 4-II PS3 > PS4 is expected, but PS4 should sell better than other entries.
After SW4-II, The Seven Deadly Sins (3DS) will follow.

I thought 4-II was on Vita as well? Any thoughts on the sales of that SKU?

L~A

With the new DB movie slated for GW, I'm curious to see the VG sales for that week.

MC analysis for week 5:

Led by PS4 edition, “Far Cry 4” sold 57 thousand copies across 3 platforms

・ Total software sales were 496 thousand copies. For the downturn in sales of previous installment “Tales of Zestiria” was considerable (from 341 thousand copies last week to 29 thousand copies this week), total software sales plunged to 64.73% of last week.
Although multiple titles were released, their significant portion was remakes and bargain editions, and a ratio of new software sales to total software sales shrank from 63.00% last week to 36.30% this week.

・ The PS4 edition of “Far Cry 4” sold 36 thousand copies, and its digestibility rate was as high as 92.37%, entering at number 2 on the chart.
Total sales across 3 platforms were 57 thousand copies, which outnumbered initial weekly sales of previous installment “3” (40 thousand copies across 2 platforms), being the largest initial sales among all installments of the franchise.
For the first time in franchise, the latest installment released for the PS4, whose demand was stronger than that of the PS3 edition (18 thousand copies, digestibility rate: 63.84%), and thus not a few retailers were suffered by shortage of stock.
In addition to that, sales of the PS4 hardware increased to 126.09% of last week, so it seems that the core users who are fond of the titles like that gradually shift toward the PS4 hardware.

・ Hardware sales on a unit basis in January 2015 (from Dec. 29th 2014 to Feb. 1st 2015) fell below last year, decreasing to 88.94% of last year, while hardware sales on a monetary basis increased to 103.21% of last year.
It appears that the presence of the PS4, whose unit price was high, became strong in hardware market this year.

As others have noted, PSO2 is still going strong and getting tons of content.

Phantasy Star Portable came out at time when Phantasy Star Universe was waning, the PSU experience wasn't available in any portable fashion, and those games made considerable changes and balances to the PSU systems to make it way more than fresh (godlike Axe-type updates, etc.)

Though PSNova is a great game, it's really easy to see how an active and vibrant PSO2 that's available for free on the same system likely bit deeply into its sales potential.

How is this in comparison to OPW?

L~A

I'm not sure if we're going to get numbers today (national holiday).
Can somebody confirm it?

4Gamer.net has a notice on the page for last week's charts:

2015年2月11日は祝日となるため,次回の「ゲームソフト週間販売ランキング+」は2月12日に掲載する予定です。

So no numbers for them today, gonna have to wait until tomorow. Same for Famitsu:

次回更新は、2月12日となります。

hiska-kun

Today's releases {2015.02.11}

[PS3] [PSV] [PS4] Samurai Warriors 4-II # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.264) (¥7.344)
28C0E082-3FDF-4828-A392-97C6ACAA7412_zpsmwbiajnf.jpg

F961A60C-9135-4C9A-8544-A3F319CE3B22_zpsqungqvgz.jpg

605E6FAB-CCA0-4A6F-AF2D-03EF83AB35C8_zpsjycdcqks.jpg

EE21B2FE-1288-4DAD-B8C4-E91E5F5E4FFE_zps5kteu1ul.jpg

[3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.145)
EA9E29F1-FC02-4AD0-9EFD-DC98C07ECD56_zpsi8avtwvy.jpg

[PSV] Ukiyo no Shishi <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) (¥6.264)
97AE382D-B9C8-40B9-BF3C-4547AFF67F7A_zpsjtrpibyo.jpg

3 days left for The End of the World {2015.02.14}
444E0090-59BC-4511-91D0-2754594AE51A_zpsmykd5667.jpg

61A36E87-CEB0-4E80-8224-225EB1593C97_zpsefw1oif7.jpg

Oregano

I assume expectations for the Vita Samurai game are higher than the PS3 version?

I've not heard much about those games.

I assume expectations for the Vita Samurai game are higher than the PS3 version?

I've not heard much about those games.

Nah- typically games that went from PS3 to PS3/Vita sell better on PS3 and games that used to be handheld in PSP era sell better on Vita than on PS3.

Oregano

Nah- typically games that went from PS3 to PS3/Vita sell better on PS3 and games that used to be handheld in PSP era sell better on Vita than on PS3.

I mean the Way of the Samurai-esque game. The PS3 and Vita versions are separate related games in that case, right?

Top Bottom