• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 50, 2012 (Dec 10 - Dec 16)

ASIS

Lol at people claiming Wii U numbers are okay or modest. These numbers are better than Wii, both hardware and software wise, crushes PS3 and vita numbers as well. Considering there is a Wii U shortage, these numbers a huge.

Japan is embracing Wii U as it's main console.

I guess prejudice goes a long way in how facts are interrupted...
Wait, Wii U had a better second week than the Wii and PS3? Really?

Nekki

What a week for 3DS hardware. Software is doing great as well, damn that AC is beastly just pushing forward.

Wii U drop-off not bad, but i hope we see better software sales in the future. These are still somewhat okay due to the small install base.

Vita... a whole year of failure, that has to be some achievement. If Sony ever puts that ship afloat, they should never be praised, we would just have to admire their luck.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Makes me go wow.

How is Paper Mario's second week relative to the other games>

Famitsu comparison

[N64] Paper Mario (Nintendo) - 55.725 / 174.046 ( released on August 11th, 2000)
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Nintendo) - 59.427 / 197.177
(released on July, 22nd 2004)
[WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) - 83.448 / 239.503 (released on April, 19th 2007)
[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) - 79.063 / 209.072

MarkusRJR

Holy shit at 3DS and Animal Crossing! 3DS continues to sell crazy good. Now if only NoA gave a shit about it...

Famitsu comparison

[N64] Paper Mario (Nintendo) - 55.725 / 174.046 ( released on August 11th, 2000)
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Nintendo) - 59.427 / 197.177
(released on July, 22nd 2004)
[WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) - 83.448 / 239.503 (released on April, 19th 2007)
[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) - 79.063 / 209.072
The fact Super Paper Mario is the best selling game in the series (in Japan) is really depressing.

GimMick

Mother of god at the 3DS and especially Animal Crossing (a freaking beast !)

Also surprisingly small drop for Paper Mario, should do very well in the long run.

rouken

B2zEJ.gif

Hero

God damn 3DS is killing it. Vita sales are absolutely pathetic for the week leading into one of the last holiday shopping periods. I just don't see how any publisher can really think of even planning any new titles for the system at this point in time.

Very respectable Wii U numbers.

Durante

Lol at people claiming Wii U numbers are okay or modest. These numbers are better than Wii, both hardware and software wise, crushes PS3 and vita numbers as well. Considering there is a Wii U shortage, these numbers a huge.

These two sentences in direct sequence just made me chuckle.

BadWolf

Judge me after the holiday season, oh wait...

Just PR talk.

They didn't do anything worth mentioning in Japan for this holiday to warrant any sort of bump in sales.

No price cut, no attractive bundles, nothing worth mentioning in terms of game releases.

Can't blame them either, whatever they would have done would have just been overshadowed by the continued rise of the 3DS and the launch of the WiiU.

I'm looking to next year for them to start making moves with the Vita.

urfe

They go higher still.

Last year was like 400K+ for the week after this.

Wow, going to be an exciting few weeks.

--

As for other impressions, I would've been surprised Bravely Default wasn't riding this wave as well... until I picked it up myself. It's so incredibly niche, and not the mainstream old-school RPG I thought it was.

WiiU software (the big three at least) are doing great. I've been thinking about my purchase, and I really want a white one. The only issue is I'll need something for DQX (and I'll buy stands separately). I'll probably skip on NSMBU and go for Nintendoland. Thinking about picking up a starter kit as well and put my Wii upstairs to play VC games on a SDTV. All of it really adds to the price. Sucks Japan gets ripped off.

I'm asking my wife for the download card of Layton vs AA for Christmas. Hope it continues to sell!

Jackano

Great second week for the Wii U.
NSMBU and NintendoLand are only -40~-50%, already showing legs? I bet some first week owners already buy the one they didn't own at first.

Nintendo is already in hot holiday period, when the other systems... not.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

You of course realise the bias yelps swing both ways?

Looks like WiiU has a far healthier future in Japan than it does in the rest of the world at least.

Not sure what can be done with Vita. Sony should have locked MonHun the fuck down somehow I guess, but hindsight and all that.

Acosta

Chrismas Mode for 3DS on par, nothing too surprising.

Good WiiU second week, not so much in software.

ZombiePSP refuse to die.

How are Inazuma numbers?

rouken

December so far:

3DS - 698k
Vita - 37k

Still two weeks left.

"But the great news is that we have got the
content in place. We have got the cash to
invest in terms of marketing and retail to
really ignite it this Christmas. To start
judging a console before it has had its first
Christmas is preposterous, really. And we
are giving it everything we have got."

:3

3DS is Japan's main console.

That's pretty much it. Still, it certainly seems, as far as home consoles go, the Wii U will take hold in Japan. What's bad for Sony is they're giving Nintendo a year to grow the base. The 360 successor's launch and the continued Wii U presence in the west will take away a lot of launch power from Sony as well. They're not in an enviable position.

Wasn't the Wii a lot more supply constrained?

The Wii U had 90% sellthrough first week which was roughly the same as the Wii. The Wii U just has a larger number of shipments going out to make sure stock doesn't drop too far.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Piling bias on bias - always a good strategy.

Ha ha ha, so defensive. You guys should really learn to not let all this back and forth define your every post.

Hows Yakuza 5 doing in comparison by the way peeps? Franchise fatigue signs, or is it doing pretty good?

sphinx

the piano man
Indeed.

First two weeks of December (3DS) > entire year (PSVita).

And if the 3DS manages to sell over 340k for the next two weeks, that will equal PSVita life sales. Incredible.

Nirolak just said next week has always been historically bigger than this one... so what you claim to be incredible is pretty much a given, isn't it?

but yeah, incredible. :D

"But the great news is that we have got the
content in place. We have got the cash to
invest in terms of marketing and retail to
really ignite it this Christmas. To start
judging a console before it has had its first
Christmas is preposterous, really. And we
are giving it everything we have got."

COD, AC and NFS:MW was there content and they didnt do much. Cant wait to see what he comes out with after christmas!!

Top Bottom