• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2011 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

cvxfreak

Media Create pulling an NPD on us.

It's not Media Create at this point; they've obviously published the numbers.

It's all on 4Gamer now. Judging from this thread, they don't know what they've done by not posting.

As for how this thread is making me feel:

fkirG.png

Gravijah

It's not Media Create at this point; they've obviously published the numbers.

It's all on 4Gamer now. Judging from this thread, they don't know what they've done by not posting.

As for how this thread is making me feel:

http://i.imgur.com/fkirG.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

you feel like a mediocre anime?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Eh, I was expecting 300k for 3DS. Not that those sales are bad, however. 200k are very good. Just not insane.

cvxfreak

...Eh, I was expecting 300k for 3DS. Not that those sales are bad, however. 200k are very good. Just not insane.

It's not likely that it can carry a weekly 100K+ streak throughout 2012 based on what it has right now. MK7/3DL/MH3 did their job for the holidays, and they'll continue to sell, but there seems to be little impetus for a DS Lite 2006-style performance.

coughlanio

If Sony had the patience to constrain supply, I'd say their sales would be two-fold by now.

Create artificial demand, make people think they NEED your product.

If vita stabilizes at this number it'll be ok....i hope against hope it stabilizes. its an amazing piece of tech. Amazing weeks for psp and ps3, tho. barely any drop from last weeks.

Takao

Banned
Can 13-2's legs explain this PS3 hardware surge?

Vita will finally sell out its launch shipment (in February).

Uh, no? It's at 440,000 out of a 500k launch shipment. Unless you think it's going to dip to 10k or something.

PSP outselling the Vita still huh? Not good.

It'll probably do that for a good chunk of 2012 given the software lineups and the difference in prices all being in favour of PSP.

m.i.s.

Banned
Vita a lil bit worse than expected, though it outsold the Wii - but other than that it seems all right.

Wii is 5 year old hardware (the GCN chipset it's based on is 10 years old) with chronic lack of support from 3rd parties. It's quite an indictment when the Wii is used as a barometer for current hardware not even a month out on the market.

Jackano

There is still a Mario Party 9 on Wii. Don't know if this will bump the hardware (probably not), but never undersestimate Mario. And it will interesting to see, the franchise has been on hold for almost a generation now.

psp>psv is the only surprise here.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wii is 5 year old hardware (the GCN chipset it's based on is 10 years old) with chronic lack of support from 3rd parties. It's quite an indictment when the Wii is used as a barometer for current hardware not even a month old.

It isnt a barometer for me, but it sold better than Vita last week so at least Vita could dodge that bullet. Getting outsold by 3DS,PSP and Ps3 is more tolerable.

Celine

If vita stabilizes at this number it'll be ok....i hope against hope it stabilizes. its an amazing piece of tech. Amazing weeks for psp and ps3, tho. barely any drop from last weeks.
Well I doubt, as it is, that Vita can retain holiday season weekly sales in the slow months post christmas.

Uh, no? It's at 440,000 out of a 500k launch shipment. Unless you think it's going to dip to 10k or something.

It'll probably do that for a good chunk of 2012 given the software lineups and the difference in prices all being in favour of PSP.
It's not exactly going to move 40k a week in January. MonHun's not walking through that door.

Datschge

Vita sales numbers themselves are obviously troubling, but I see no real issue with the PSP still being where it is at.

The troubling part about it is that PSP is essentially an additional competitor since there's no straight forward BC bridge toward Vita. If there were Sony could phase out the PSP and more easily move the audience to Vita.

Top Bottom