• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2014 (Dec 15 - Dec 21)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
new releases {2015.01.15}

[3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) (¥6.458)

[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood - Limited V Edition # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.264)
[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood - Limited V Edition (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.424)

L~A

Looks like bomba week : /

Still a bit surprised KB6 is on 3DS. Unfortunately, not expecting much for this one.

Oregano

Oh, I know 3rd-parties are ressources, but my point was that Nintendo teams haven't released anything for last Fall* (except Toad and MK8 DLC). Obviously those teams have been working on something, which is why I believe Nintendo got several games getting ready (and at least one of them will release before GW).

Should also have made it clearer I was talking about 3DS specifically, my bad.

And a couple of days ago, I mentionned those franchises that have yet to appear on 3DS: I'm sure Nintendo's planning to release some of them this year, probably even during H1. And some of them are the kind of games that could get a short announcement > release window (like Rhythm Heaven for example).

*Actually, did we get even one retail game in 2014 that was developped internally (other than MK8, and DKCTF -because game was probably already done when it came out, and I'm talking of NCL specifically)? Even on 3DS, most of the stuff was "outsourced" (Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Golf).

Also, I wonder what Camelot is doing at the moment. Mario Golf came out last year, but this one got a huge delay and I doubt they needed that much more time to complete the game.

But yeah, it's the start of a New Year, last Direct was a while ago... I think we should get a clearer picture of Nintendo plans before the end of the month.

Nintendo's internal development was probably disrupted by the relocation to the new HQ. That's why the only internally developed game after MK8 was made in Tokyo.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a few more GCN/Wii ports to the N3DS though. It was suggested in the soundtrack thread that they could port the Tellius games to N3DS which would be a good way of capitalising on FE's new popularity, although they would probably need to include new features.

It is however likely that at least a few internal teams are gearing up for the next generation, especially if they have learnt their lesson from 3DS launch like Iwata claims.

new releases {2015.01.15}

[3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) (¥6.458)

[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood - Limited V Edition # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.264)
[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood - Limited V Edition (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.424)

Shoulda named it Kenka Bomba 6: Tears & Blood, amirite?

Looks like bomba week : /

Still a bit surprised KB6 is on 3DS. Unfortunately, not expecting much for this one.

It'd be interesting whether KB6 would have performed better elsewhere, or its boom during PSP heydays was a console-specific thing.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
isnt Nintendo going to release more wiu games in 15 than 14? have I missed something? not raying that wiu will sell more, to clarify

It'd be interesting whether KB6 would have performed better elsewhere, or its boom during PSP heydays was a console-specific thing.

Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning behind many of Spike-Chunsoft's platform decisions regarding handheld games following the previous gen.

999 -> VLR = DS -> Multi-plat
Conception -> 2 = PSP -> Multi-plat
DanganRonpa 2 -> Another Episode = PSP -> Vita
Kenka Bancho 5 -> 6 = PSP -> 3DS

It just seems scattergunned and not following any particular pattern.

Oregano

Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning behind many of Spike-Chunsoft's platform decisions regarding handheld games following the previous gen.

They probably should have gone multiplat with all of them.

Also the fact they announced that Shiren 5 was being ported to Vita(with stretched DS sprites!) shortly after they announced Etrian Mystery Dungeon for 3DS with full 3D models(although Atlus presumably picked the platform there).

L~A

Yeah, Spike-Chunsoft is a bit strange with platform choice. If there was one franchise I was expecting to go multiplat, especially after VLR, is DR. Not really Conception.

And don't forget Shiren 5 plus on Vita, honestly surprised by that one. I mean, wasn't the series on DS last gen? And with EMD announced for March, you'd think they'd try to capitalise on that but... no.

Nintendo's internal development was probably disrupted by the relocation to the new HQ. That's why the only internally developed game after MK8 was made in Tokyo.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a few more GCN/Wii ports to the N3DS though. It was suggested in the soundtrack thread that they could port the Tellius games to N3DS which would be a good way of capitalising on FE's new popularity, although they would probably need to include new features.

It is however likely that at least a few internal teams are gearing up for the next generation, especially if they have learnt their lesson from 3DS launch like Iwata claims.

Shoulda named it Kenka Bomba 6: Tears & Blood, amirite?

Yeah, there was the move, but I don't think it'd have that big of an impact. It's not like they moved to another country altogether. Sure, it definitely delayed a couple of things, but... I dunno.

About the team working on next-gen... probably a couple, yeah, but I expect to have at least one more round of games for 3DS (and Wii U) from the various teams.

Don't count on it. Iwata seems to have said this every generation for the last few, nothing changes. There's a thread about it on GAF somewhere, where the OP has amalgamated the comments from each time this has happened. It's basically the same line he rolls out for investors each time.

Oregano

Yeah, there was the move, but I don't think it'd have that big of an impact. It's not like they moved to another country altogether. Sure, it definitely delayed a couple of things, but... I dunno.

About the team working on next-gen... probably a couple, yeah, but I expect to have at least one more round of games for 3DS (and Wii U) from the various teams.

Yeah I still expect there to be a few games but between relocation, Wii U and next gen preparations there's not going to be as many internal resources available.

Don't count on it. Iwata seems to have said this every generation for the last few, nothing changes. There's a thread about it on GAF somewhere, where the OP has amalgamated the comments from each time this has happened. It's basically the same line he rolls out for investors each time.

Well yeah, it remains to be seen, but if the 3DS successor is 2 years away there will already be at least one or two teams working on projects anyway. Kid Icarus Uprising development started a good few years before the 3DS came out.

And don't forget Shiren 5 plus on Vita, honestly surprised by that one. I mean, wasn't the series on DS last gen? And with EMD announced for March, you'd think they'd try to capitalise on that but... no.

I'd consider that more a continuation of the whole "Plus" version of Shiren games which started out on PSP last gen and seems to have moved to Vita this gen. But yeah, I forgot that one.

If there was one franchise I was expecting to go multiplat, especially after VLR, is DR. Not really Conception.

Yeah, same. I do have to wonder if Sony had some hand in keeping DanganRonpa on Vita. They had the LE console of 1-2 Reload and Another Episode had a pretty strong presence at their conferences. But who knows!

crinale

Yeah, Spike-Chunsoft is a bit strange with platform choice. If there was one franchise I was expecting to go multiplat, especially after VLR, is DR. Not really Conception.

As for DR Spike-Chunsoft said they'll stick to the PS platform at their greeting card or something IIRC. And for Siren 5, it's a port of a DS game so OG Siren5 should still be playable at 3DS using BC function, kinda nullifies the point of porting (afaik they aren't putting much into 5 +).

Takao

Banned
As for DR Spike-Chunsoft said they'll stick to the PS platform at their greeting card or something IIRC. And for Siren 5, it's a port of a DS game so OG Siren5 should still be playable at 3DS using BC function, kinda nullifies the point of porting (afaik they aren't putting much into 5 +).

The BC comment doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you remember that DanganRonpa 1+2 Reload is a thing for Vita despite both of those being PSP games.

DanganRonpa is interesting, it has almost no legs on Vita (remember the PSP version charting for months?). I was expecting a lot more considering how it was supported by an anime.

Have they said anything more specific about the new game? Will it be Vita exclusive?

crinale

The BC comment doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you remember that DanganRonpa 1+2 Reload is a thing for Vita despite both of those being PSP games.

I understand, but Vita doesn't have hardware BC while 3DS does, right?

Edit: Yes I meant physical BC, my bad :(

Let's face it, Shiren 5+ is just a bad move, as bad as it was to move the series on PSP; indeed, PSP entries are the lowest-selling ones in the franchise.

Busaiku

DanganRonpa is interesting, it has almost no legs on Vita (remember the PSP version charting for months?). I was expecting a lot more considering how it was supported by an anime.

Have they said anything more specific about the new game? Will it be Vita exclusive?

Both Vita games did over 100k.
They have no reason to release it on any other system.

L~A

Yeah, same. I do have to wonder if Sony had some hand in keeping DanganRonpa on Vita. They had the LE console of 1-2 Reload and Another Episode had a pretty strong presence at their conferences. But who knows!

No idea if there's any deal, but I clearly remember PlayStation being one of the sponsors for the anime. So there's something, at the very least.

As for DR Spike-Chunsoft said they'll stick to the PS platform at their greeting card or something IIRC.

What would they even need to do that? It's not like there's any chance/risk of DR ending up on any non-PS platform... not before Sony completely stops handhelds. Even then, you can be sure they'll try PS4 before even thinking of releasing on 4DS or something.

Actually, now that I think of it, I really wouldn't be surprised if DR3 was a PSV/PS4 game.

crinale

Both Vita games did over 100k.
They have no reason to release it on any other system.

No idea if there's any deal, but I clearly remember PlayStation being one of the sponsors for the anime. So there's something, at the very least.

What would they even need to do that? It's not like there's any chance/risk of DR ending up on any non-PS platform... not before Sony completely stops handhelds. Even then, you can be sure they'll try PS4 before even thinking of releasing on 4DS or something.

Actually, now that I think of it, I really wouldn't be surprised if DR3 was a PSV/PS4 game.

As for games such as DR or any other VN with 2D-character splash screen, 3DS's low DPI screen is the only and yet biggest problem to attract that niche audience. I've seen the newest entry of DR (Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo)'s 3D core gameplay getting lukewarm reception from gamers, and yet they loved how characters look on Vita (yes that is an extremely important factor for such games). Maybe 4DS or whatever next handheld is called more games may come to Nintendo platform, but who knows.

The series did very well on Vita and already seems to have a following on the platform.....even in the West. I think its had great word of mouth to help it in the West. I expect DR3 to be PSV exclusive though I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a PS4 SKU lol

Didn't the anime end a bit before Reload released? Vita games have had legs during anime runs (Persona 4; Sword Art Online) but after the run has finished? It seems not so much.

Now you mention it, Persona Q never showed up again despite the Persona 4 anime airing. Kinda odd.

Let's face it, Shiren 5+ is just a bad move, as bad as it was to move the series on PSP; indeed, PSP entries are the lowest-selling ones in the franchise.

Just chalk it up to a sea of bad/odd decisions for Spike-Chunsoft then.

The series did very well on Vita and already seems to have a following on the platform.....even in the West. I think its had great word of mouth to help it in the West. I expect DR3 to be PSV exclusive though I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a PS4 SKU lol

The latest DR entry sold in US something like 15k. That following can be replicated everywhere else.

Takao

Banned

Moved to PSP? That never happened. It only got late ports. New entries always appeared first on Nintendo hardware. While I don't think it's worth doing, clearly Spike Chunsoft has found some success with that.

I understand, but Vita doesn't have hardware BC while 3DS does, right?

You mean physical BC?

The DanganRonpa anime was already over by the time 1+2 Reload came out. Another Episode had no tie-in.

The latest DR entry sold in US something like 15k. That following can be replicated everywhere else.

Thats its first month right? For a new Japanese IP on PSV that doesn't seem bad to me. I've just been hearing a lot of talk of that series, good talk, on some forums and sites, especially from some Persona fans.

Thats its first month right? For a new Japanese IP on PSV that doesn't seem bad to me. I've just been hearing a lot of talk of that series, good talk, on some forums and sites, especially from some Persona fans.

First month, yeah. Doubt it had some legs. The game surely has a nice following on dedicated forums, but it is the very definition of the nichest physical games outhere.

Takao

Banned

Before port begging a quasi-announced sequel, you should probably play the first two games. DanganRonpa isn't a series light on continuity.

L~A

Now you mention it, Persona Q never showed up again despite the Persona 4 anime airing. Kinda odd.

That's not odd... people bought P4G instead ;)

And Persona Q came out only a couple a weeks before the second season of the P4 anime. Most people bought it then. There's also the fact PQ is a spin-off, and if you're going to buy a game after watching an anime, I think you're most likely going for the game that shares the same name as the anime.

Takao

Banned
DanganRonpa 3 has kind of been announced for Vita. When Another Episode was announced the words "and also 3" flashed for a brief moment.

It wouldn't surprise me if DR3 ends up as another PSV/PS4 game, but that's because I can say that for every Vita game at this point.

Also, don't buy a PSTV.

DanganRonpa 3 has kind of been announced for Vita. When Another Episode was announced the words "and also 3" flashed for a brief moment.

It wouldn't surprise me if DR3 ends up as another PSV/PS4 game, but that's because I can say that for every Vita game at this point.

Also, don't buy a PSTV.

Yeah I was disappointed reading that a lot of Vita games don;t work on PSTV and the general lack of information on what games in Vita's upcoming library work on it.

Just get a Vita.

Its looking like the best choice but since I've just saved up for PS4 its going to take some time.

L~A

I already made a thread, but posting this here since I know there's several people interested in knowing what Jiro Ishii is up to.

Well, looks like he has gone indie.

The PSP version was charting cause of the anime. So people interested after watching the anime went and bought the only version that was available at the time which was the PSP version :p

L~A

It was an underwhelming title. Has Camelot been said to be working on anything since Mario Golf?

They haven't, which is why we're wondering what they're working on.

As I mentionend on the previous page, I doubt they really needed over a year to complete Mario Golf : World Tour, so I think they started working on something new sometime in 2013, and it might get announced soon. Just a theory of mine though.

As I mentionend on the previous page, I doubt they really needed over a year to complete Mario Golf : World Tour, so I think they started working on something new sometime in 2013, and it might get announced soon. Just a theory of mine though.
I wouldn't be surprised if the game looks sort of like World Tour's story mode given their GBA games

Vena

Well, they've put out both the Tennis and the Golf series and as far as their records go, they only do that once a cycle.
  • We Love Golf! &#8212; 2007 (Wii)
  • New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis &#8212; 2008 (Wii)
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn &#8212; 2010 (Nintendo DS)
  • Mario Tennis Open &#8212; 2012 (3DS)
  • Mario Golf: World Tour &#8212; 2014 (3DS)

Only thing left is another Golden Sun but I don't know how eager Nintendo would be to greenlight that given the last one's poor critical/fan and sales performance.

Legend of Legacy

Comgnet: 19pt
Amazon: #33

ikjx406QgofFw.gif

Top Bottom