• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2014 (Feb 03 - Feb 09)

With three new releases, I really did not expect Vita to drop to 16k. Oh and there's nothing launching this week, so it will either drop even further or stay flat.

DK games have slow start but strong legs.

I don't expect a big bump for Wii U next week.

Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii sold around a million on Japan. With an bigger install base. So i expect >100k first week. And not a significant bump on Wii U sales.

I'm thinking more like 50k FW.

Kandinsky

Lol DK next week is going to be hilarious, 45k, and I will be in heaven, fu Nintendo for making Retro waste their talent on a uprez DKR that no one asked for in the first place, dat David Wise tho.

DQM didnt do much for 3DS, nice hold for Vita and lol@WiiU.

Next week WiiU bump will be amazing from 8k to 11k.

Lol DK next week is going to be hilarious, 45k, and I will be in heaven, fu Nintendo for making Retro waste their talent on a uprez DKR that no one asked for in the first place, dat David Wise tho.

No one asked for it!

Except Retro.

With NSMBU+LU packed into the box and 3D World just being released, a 3rd platformer in the mix seems like a terrible idea. I still think it will sell 200k eventually though.

You don't get it because you aren't looking at expectations.

Vita was expected to be neck and neck with the WiiU in a race for death while the 3DS was expected to continue it's success. These trends are heading in opposite directions than anyone expected.

Look at the YTD numbers for the 3DS and Vita compared to Last YTD.
To continue selling at least 4.5m a year when even the DS couldn't sustain that level? I don't think any reasonable Sales-Ager would expect that, no.

Really... nice Vita hold??? its down more than the Wii U in % compare to last week. So is a bad week all around.

Sandfox

If Retro were working on any other game it probably would've sold a lot less than 45k tbqh.

Orgen

Holy cow the Vita aplogists... at least give it some fun like Dave with the champion song/hashtag :D

Anybody knows why Sony doesn't lower the PS3 price? Is because it's still expensive to manufacture? At this price it's not going to sell much more in any territory (and much less the 20 million to "win the generation" :p).

Wii U won't even be >10.000 next week and 3DS seems like it won't repeat another 4-5 million year.

Sad times indeed :(

BadWolf

Anybody knows why Sony doesn't lower the PS3 price? Is because it's still expensive to manufacture? At this price it's not going to sell much more in any territory (and much less the 20 million to "win the generation" :p).

Money probably, people wanted them to slash the price with the release of the new slim but they didn't and ended up with more profit since the price was the same while the model was cheaper to make.

There is also the release of the PS4 to take into account.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Quality of sales threads have taken quite a dive ever since the stupid WiiU-Vita "fanboyism" started :|

Kid Ying

ahaha. I haven't searched it but it must very close graphically to Returns with so many mixing the 2 games.
Well, it was a joke.:) I even said failure at the end. It was supposed to be BIG... failure. :(

I expect it to do the same LTD as Taiko Wiiu. Maybe a little more. 200k at the very best.

I asked for it. I personally wrote Iwata a letter asking for it. I sealed it with a kiss.

Into

Sony better hope to high heavens this is the market saving their money for the PS4, and not a overall downward spiral. These numbers are terrible, all across the board.

We truly live in a bizarre world, when GTA5 is one of the feel-good stories of Japanese software sales.

BadWolf

How the PS4 does in Japan will be interesting for sure and will determine Japan's presence on the world stage I think in terms of development.

If they reject the system then console gaming is dead there and that is that. They will keep moving towards handhelds and mobile and paint themselves into an obscurity of sorts.

There will be some developers that continue to fight the good fight like Capcom, Square, KojiPro etc. but that will be about it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
DQ looks like the only decently selling game this week.

Wii U continues to attempt seppuku against Nintendo's will.

Kandinsky

No one asked for it!

Except Retro.
I think we all know thats just pr bs from both parties :p

If Retro were working on any other game it probably would've sold a lot less than 45k tbqh.
I disagree, a new high budget triple A IP would do wonders, especially helping those WiiU install base numbers. As it is DK will do absolutely nothing for the system.
I asked for it. I personally wrote Iwata a letter asking for it. I sealed it with a kiss.
Damn you!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ah, hadnt seen Famitsu had Vita at 16k. Thats pretty crappy, and quite a difference to MC.

Sony better hope to high heavens this is the market saving their money for the PS4, and not a overall downward spiral. These numbers are terrible, all across the board.

We truly live in a bizarre world, when GTA5 is one of the feel-good stories of Japanese software sales.

How the PS4 does in Japan will be interesting for sure and will determine Japan's presence on the world stage I think in terms of development.

If they reject the system then console gaming is dead there and that is that. They will keep moving towards handhelds and mobile and paint themselves into an obscurity of sorts.

There will be some developers that continue to fight the good fight like Capcom, Square, KojiPro etc. but that will be about it.

Yeah, I think Japan's console industry can now certainly be considered in real and genuine trouble. Even dedicated handhelds are going to be down and not picking up the slack anymore and once juggernauts like Square, KojiPro, and Capcom are dragging their heels even still after taking what feels like half a generation on holiday apiece.

Foshy

Even if the Japanese market collapses, the PS4 seems to be doing good enough in US and EU. The 360 was a great success without selling anything in Japan too.

Similar thing for GTA, even though it's doing well in Japan, it's only a drop in the bucket when you consider WW sales.

BadWolf

Even if the Japanese market collapses, the PS4 seems to be doing good enough in US and EU. The 360 was a great success without selling anything in Japan too.

The is one of the biggest points to take away from last gen, Japan is not needed for a system to succeed.

Still, for the most part Japanese games is still where its at for me so to see even less output from them would be terrible.

Another Metroid would probably sell less than 45K first week in Japan.

Definitely. The IP is dead in Japan. But the problem with DK is that it's serving to an audience well satisfied on the WiiU atm and so can't really move extra systems. This is where Retro doing something really new would have been possibly worthwhile but Nintendo preferred to play it safe.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Jesus Christ, what is this?

Top Bottom