• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2012 (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

jman2050

(GCN) Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life 26130
(GCN) Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for Girls 13301
(PS2) Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life 15889
(GCN) Harvest Moon Song of Happiness 19394
(DS) Harvest Moon DS 22026
(PSP) Harvest Moon Boy & Girl
(DS) Harvest Moon Colobocle Station for Girls 30619
(PSP) Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon 24655
(DS) Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon 39973
(Wii) Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace 18733
(DS) Harvest Moon: Shining Sun and Friends 36134
(Wii) Harvest Moon: Exciting Animal March 10137
(DS) Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind Bazaar 27988
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Sugar Village and Everyone's Request 20394
(DS) Harvest Moon: Twin Villages 65074

Wow. That's quite the increase then for this installment.

Erethian

Theatrhythm might be due to supply constraint, hard to tell until the next shipment comes out.

Pros:
Harvest Moon and Tales of the Heroes did really well

Tales actually did quite poorly compared to previous spin-offs.

[PSP] Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (Bandai Namco) - 108.356
[PSP] Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 (Bandai Namco) {2011.02.10} - 222.068
[PSP] Tales of Versus (Namco Bandai) - 133,076

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Very good start for Harvest Moon! Quiet good also Tales of, I was expecting less, honestly.
Good also for Naruto, but I'm not so sure about Asura...

Great legs for the trinity; in particular:
Super Mario 3D Land (+20%)
Monster Hunter 3G (+2%)
I said: WOW!

But also ReR is hanging quiet well. looking at how big numbers Merceneries did out of the chart, I think that it could get the 300 mark, in the next months.

Great numbers for 3ds and I think that 3ds and PS3 will be very hot during March!

Looking at all the bold, this week has a bunch of new releases. MK7 is in the Top 10 after all and the trinity remains undisturbed, although it went below SM3DL, which somehow got a nice boost.

Very nice start for Harvest Moon. I wouldn't have expected that.

Vita is still hanging on and refusing let go of the ledge.

I don't know, personally I have little faith in Sony, it's all about what third parties commit to the PSV with

I remember 3DS having similar problems with people choosing DS over it for a good part of it's first year (when there was little software) but Nintendo dropped the price and revealed a lot of killer software (both first and third party exclusive, including of course MH) which changed things around
Sony need to do something similar
3DS was never outsold by the DS, and by big margins.

Kenka

The important sales facts of 2012 so far:

1) 3DS sells like hot cakes
2) PS Vita struggles
3) 3DS software three-headed hydra shows off tremendous legs
4) Harvest Moon shatters everyone's expectations
5) Bombalibur bombed.
6) Final Fantasy XIII-2 showed some legs

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
6) Final Fantasy XIII-2 showed some legs

Did it really?

I got the impression that its "legs" were essentially retailers trying to sell off the launch shipment.

Edit:

The last chart we have suggests it's still sub 800K, which is less than the ~850K launch shipment.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm really happy with Harvest Moon's sales.

Also, dat Namco Bandai domination. Again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If the 3DS stopped selling today and the Vita kept selling at this weekly rate, it would catch up to the 3DS in...a long ass time.

Portugeezer

epiciwata.jpg

All the time the PS2 is still selling around 1k a week, do you think Sony will continue to sell it in Japan? Could we see a situation in the future where Sony are selling PS2/3/4 at the same time? I'd imagine as it is still popular in emerging markets they'll keep making PS2 for a few more years?

What could be the incentive that caused HM to do so fucking well? Marketing possibly enhanced by the merger (this is the first one since), specific content? Preorder goodies (that I think might've been one of the incentives), I do wonder.

I mean Twin Villages was seemingly the highest prior, and that was at the tail-end of the DS' life, this is the first for the 3DS! :O

What could be the incentive that caused HM to do so fucking well? Marketing possibly enhanced by the merger (this is the first one since), specific content? Preorder goodies (that I think might've been one of the incentives), I do wonder.

I mean Twin Villages was seemingly the highest prior, and that was at the tail-end of the DS' life, this is the first for the 3DS! :O
People especially women finally figured out HM is awesome.

Twin Villages increased the fanbase.

mclem

The PSP is too alive.

The really distressing thing for Sony has to be that even if everyone who bought a PSP this week would instead have bought a Vita, they'd *still* have only sold around a third of what the 3DS sold.

I think the problem is that the 3DS is too alive - and it's being purchased as the followup to the PSP. The PSP itself isn't Sony's problem, the fact that that's seen as a natural upgrade path is their problem.

Mrbob

Whelp, guess I'll be holding onto my 3DS for Japan support. 3DS outselling the Vita by an average of over 200K a month in slower months. I expect nearly every publisher to jump ship from the Vita to 3DS if this sales trend continues. Going to have to wait 3 years for Sony to get their act together again like it happened with the PSP and PS3.

Sony should pull out the colors card, there's no point holding onto it when Nintendo has already started using it + the special edition 3DS'.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
theatrythm at least has an excuse with new stock possibly not coming in til mid next week. No excuse for love plus though.
I bought mine Theatrythm on Thursday and when I called that store 2-3 hours earlier they told me they don't have it. I was there a bit after the new batch came.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Whelp, guess I'll be holding onto my 3DS for Japan support. 3DS outselling the Vita by an average of over 200K a month in slower months. I expect nearly every publisher to jump ship from the Vita to 3DS if this sales trend continues. Going to have to wait 3 years for Sony to get their act together again like it happened with the PSP and PS3.
I can't see Sony not dropping Vita's price before June. Such sales cannot last more longer than that, it would kill its chances to get steady game support.

longdi

Banned
PS3 is one price drop from catching up with Wii LTD!
PSV is disappointing, why Japanese no want monster handheld? Can PSV play MHP3 backward compatible?

ZenaxPure

I bought mine Theatrythm on Thursday and when I called that store 2-3 hours earlier they told me they don't have it. I was there a bit after the new batch came.

Sounds like SE really underestimated that game, but sounds like from other posts they have done the same thing in the past. Wonder what is up with that, do they not have confidence in some of the Nintendo handheld titles?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

It could also be just a frontloaded episode, that will drop like a rock from week 2.
If this will happen, we could say that HM was able to create a very strong fanbase that wills to buy the game at launch.
If it will sell well also in the incoming weeks, well we'll be able to say that DS successes were able to increase the popularity of the brand.

Top Bottom