• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2013 (Feb 18 - Feb 24)

BriBri

Even if that's the case, does the Vita have anything in the future that will sustain the bump before it comes crashing back down to its previous levels?

EDIT: I think Professor Layton will keep the 3DS above the Vita in any case.
While this week (price-cut) and next week (SS and Tales) are obviously important, it's the week after that will help answer questions. I don't think the third week should be determined by 3DS vs. Vita, but I'll consider it a huge positive if Vita is above 30,000 that week. Sounds far-fetched but we'll see. 3DS will be fine even if it is number two for a week or two. It's April plus schedule (plus Animal Crossing now with Layton etc) all but guarantees it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Looks like they provided the right features that people wanted for the game. Not only that, but it's not on the Japanese eShop is it?
I dont think it is (or at least was) on the eShop, but that increases the chance of people picking up a physical copy, so it might balance itself out.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Shinovi Versus had the anime helping, and Burst wasn't a true sequel, since the producers then talked about Senran Kagura 2 for 3DS, a different title from Burst.

This week is shaping up to be a great week for Vita, and next week should be good too...but the problem right now is that after SS and Tales of Hearts R...there's not that much coming up. It'll be a though period for Vita, and there we'll see how much this resurgeance is sincere.

serplux

For next week at least, there is Tales of Hearts R and Soul Sacrifice w/ bundles.

It's possible that Vita surpassed 3DS this week, but it's also possible that the latter got a bump as well, due to the new releases.

Interesting. I don't see anything notable being released for the Vita after this until Valhalla Knights 3 in May, though. I would've liked to see how the price cut and those games would've faired against Monster Hunter 4, Super Robot Taisen UX and Luigi's Mansion 2 though.

BriBri

Interesting. I don't see anything notable being released for the Vita after this until Valhalla Knights 3 in May, though. I would've liked to see how the price cut and those games would've faired against Monster Hunter 4, Super Robot Taisen UX and Luigi's Mansion 2 though.
F word. I forgot Luigi Mansion 2!

EDarkness

I dont think it is (or at least was) on the eShop, but that increases the chance of people picking up a physical copy, so it might balance itself out.

Yeah, but anyone hesitant about going to the store to buy such a game can simply buy anonymously from the shop. Heh, that's what I would do. :)

Mr Swine

Banned
Shinovi Versus had the anime helping, and Burst wasn't a true sequel, since the producers then talked about Senran Kagura 2 for 3DS, a different title from Burst.

This week is shaping up to be a great week for Vita, and next week should be good too...but the problem right now is that after SS and Tales of Hearts R...there's not that much coming up. It'll be a though period for Vita, and there we'll see how much this resurgeance is sincere.

I think Vita will do great this month, maybe 250-300k units sold but sales will go right back to the toilet when there are no new games to bolster the new price drop

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think it will outsell both 3DS games combined, and i remember people pointing out that the Vita version is a spin-off too.
It looks way better than the main games, graphically and gameplay wise, so it being a spinoff doesn't mean much when they clearly put more money effort in the Vita title.

Great results, as expected and deserved. Hope MMV will find its niche on Vita too.

First week cut is just an indication of things; those numbers would be disappointing but if we end up with Vita at 15k every week its still in a better position than before. Doesn't promise software though which is an issue.

Mpl90

If StreetsAhead can come here and confirm it's correct, please...
But it seems SO little...too little looking at lines and the Cristal White shipment (30k). It doesn't fit with the infos we've had. Unless we start believing shipments were low and there were still many Vitas unsold.

First week cut is just an indication of things; those numbers would be disappointing but if we end up with Vita at 15k every week its still in a better position than before. Doesn't promise software though which is an issue.

32k would show there is no backlog of interest in Vita as the system sold more Persona 4 week and Hatsune Miku week. Vita then proceeded to drop right back below 10k in weeks.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, but anyone hesitant about going to the store to buy such a game can simply buy anonymously from the shop. Heh, that's what I would do. :)
Hehe, sure, i guess there are some cases of that, but i'm not sure how much it would affect the overall sales. They could just get someone else to buy it for them. That is what i did when i was a kid, i was too embarassed to buy a hintbook for Leisure Suit Larry 3, so i got my older sister to buy it for me hehe =)

It looks way better than the main games, graphically and gameplay wise, so it being a spinoff doesn't mean much when they clearly put more money effort in the Vita title.

Great results, as expected and deserved. Hope MMV will find its niche on Vita too.
Yeah, i've just seen people mentioning that it is a spin-off :)

Mr Swine

Banned

With almost no major software coming out after SS I think it will be over 10k and eventually go down back to 8k. Just because the price is cut doesn't mean that hardware sales will be higher when there is no software to sell hardware. It was the same with GameCube and it other consoles with almost no software and low hardware sales

EDarkness

Well, if it does end up selling that much, then it goes to show that putting extra into a game can get people invigorated enough to go pick it up. I seem to remember there being a lot of hype for the game around here which the other versions of the game didn't have. I'd like to see them go back to the 3DS games and refine them like they've done for the Vita, but I doubt that'll happen if sales for this version are as good as they appear to be.

Mpl90

Four times the past two weeks sales perhaps? Although, that may be too high, considering it's Vita.

Actually, it's something I'm suspecting. We need someone translating it to comprehend if it's said "4x compared to two weeks ago" or "4x compared to the last two weeks (combined)".

32k would show there is no backlog of interest in Vita as the system sold more Persona 4 week and Hatsune Miku week. Vita then proceeded to drop right back below 10k in weeks.

With almost no major software coming out after SS I think it will be over 10k and eventually go down back to 8k. Just because the price is cut doesn't mean that hardware sales will be higher when there is no software to sell hardware. It was the same with GameCube and it other consoles with almost no software and low hardware sales

I suppose this is true. However; price cuts are long term, some software can be (e.g. basically Nintendo) but most is more short term unless we're talking a large quantity of titles which have built up over time.

The initial sales are not a good indication at all but I'd be surprised if the more attainable price has no effect whatsoever. Mind you that could only mean a few 100 more sales a week so I guess we'll see.

Celestial

Banned
I wonder if the Wii U will continue falling this week(8k)or if it will be outsold from PSP.I think it will happen with the launch of SAO.

Mpl90

Looking at MC numbers

Previous two Vita weeks: 11.456 + 8.044 = 19.500 4x=78.000

So, the 3DS will likely still be above it. It's an okay bump, but still a bit of a dreary outlook for the system.

Depends on where it stabilizes after the price cut and if more software gets announced. As grim said 15k would be a pretty big turnaround as a baseline. Looking at the release schedule though, they're going to have a rough time and the price drop card has now officially been played and won't be able to again for a long time.

Striek

32k or 78k, whatever it ends up Sony still probably should've pulled the trigger on a drop from 25k to 15k like Nintendo did with the 3DS. This month seems like the last decent opportunity to convince developers/customers its a viable platform.

Mr Swine

Banned
32k or 78k, whatever it ends up Sony still probably should've pulled the trigger on a drop from 25k to 15k like Nintendo did with the 3DS. This month seems like the last decent opportunity to convince developers/customers its a viable platform.

I think it's a little too late for that. Developers would rather make games for the 3DS where they can sell more than any vita game has sold before. There are yet only 2 games that have sold more than 200k on vita no?

Dinda

Something around 60-80.000 wouldn't suprise me.
I also think it's possible that quite a few people would wait one more week and buy the Soul Sacrifice Bundle.

test_account

XP-39C²
I think it's a little too late for that. Developers would rather make games for the 3DS where they can sell more than any vita game has sold before. There are yet only 2 games that have sold more than 200k on vita no?
It will depend on what game it is. Senran Kagura Vita just outsold both the Senran Kagura 3DS games for example. Of course it might be because of the game itself, but it could also mean that not every developer will ignore the Vita and just focusing on 3DS instead.

Need some clarification on the translation.
It was already clarified to be about the two previous weeks:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48901977&postcount=1481

BriBri

It will depend on what game it is. Senran Kagura Vita just outsold both the Senran Kagura 3DS games for example. Of course it might be because of the game itself, but it could also mean that not every developer will ignore the Vita and just focusing on 3DS instead.

It was already clarified to be about the two previous weeks:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48901977&postcount=1481
I think the Vita audience is more open to breasts than the Animal Crossing and Super Mario audience.

Top Bottom