• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2015 (Feb 16 - Feb 22)

horuhe

I wonder when it is goona stop selling...

19./22. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) - 4.595 / 3.923.419

Is there any chances to cross the four million copies sold physically, before the first half of the year?

Arzehn

So the question is, by putting God Eater 2 Rage Burst on PS4/Vita instead of PSP/Vita, did Bandai Namco just flush 150k worth of sales down the toilet?

God Eater 2 on PSP only sold 112k FW where as the Vita version sold 266k.

With it being a year later and the PSP being dead, and it being an expansion this time around, AND PS4 still making up some of the difference... they didn't flush more than 50k, which will be made up in the west from the PS4 version.

Frillen

Is there any chances to cross the four million copies sold physically, before the first half of the year?
It already did ages ago according to famitsu.

Shinriji

don't worry, something to complain will be found ;)

l_54ed4f3d7eebb.jpg

Minecraft vita sold on par to the mobile versions (even if it was released later) and better than the ipad/PC/ps3/Xbox versions.

I hope that the cart version can reach 100k sold.

test_account

XP-39C²

If it sells the same amount it did this week, it would need 17 more weeks to reach 4 million. Its possible.

trx64

Neo Member
Good numbers for Rage Burst. Almost on par with the first week numbers of the original game, pretty good for an expansion.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
l_54ed4f3d7eebb.jpg

Minecraft vita sold on par to the mobile versions (despise being released later) and better than the ipad/PC/ps3/Xbox versions.

I hope that the cart version can reach 100k sold.

What are the third and the first place in that graph, more specifically? Just to get more informations on the matter.

ZhugeEX

Banned
damn, how many copies do they need to sell when they do this kind of re-releases/ports to say they did good? (10K, 30K?)

I honestly have no idea, but the fact that they're releasing Kiwami on PS4 in the west first and PSV as well shows that they're trying to promote the game to a western audience as well which is good.

So yeh, even though the first game didn't exactly take off they're giving the expansion a chance which is good to see. And Koei have been fairly good with overseas support recently in terms of the games they're releasing and platforms they're supporting.

This past week is where the PS4 push began right?

God Eater Rage Burst last week.
DQ:Heroes (February 26) and Revelations (February 25) this week.
Yakuza 0 (March 12) the week after next week.
Type-0 (March 19) the week after that.
Bloodborne, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Disgaea 5, and One Piece 3 (all March 26) the week after that.

Hope it does well.

It has begun!

L~A

Depends on sales for Golden Week, I guess. It's possible, but I don't see ACNL staying at 4.5k much longer.

Vena

Huh. I expected the PS4 to rise more with DQH not far out but I guess we'll see the brunt of that next week.

Takao

Banned
Some Famitsu digital numberzzz from Dec 22 - 25 January. Hopefully Road can translate them fully in a few hours:-

Minecraft Vita 83,054
Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force Special 79,958
Minecraft PS4 49,479
Minecraft PS3 32,397
some Vita sequel 10,666
Smash Bros. Wii U 8,052
Yokai Watch 2 Shinuchi 7,807
Smash BroS. 3DS 7,437
Mario Kart 8 6,831
I think Final Fantasy Explorers 6,028

Bike Rider DX3 isn't featured so obviously only eShop titles with retail cards.

You can send me the stuff ...

Yu-Gi-Oh! did amazingly well for a 3000yen PSN-exclusive:

3DS : Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal: World Duel Carnival ( Konami ) { 2013-12-05 } - 38,451 / 68,766
PSP : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 ( Konami ) { 2011-09-22 } - 66,007 / 122,800
WII : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transer ( Konami ) { 2011-04-21 } - 4,088 / 13,743
NDS : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over The Nexus ( Konami ) { 2011-02-24 } - 22,401 / 55,167
PSP : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 ( Konami ) { 2010-09-16 } - 53,380 / 98,423\

3 days in and it already outsold the 3DS game's LTD.

Pezus

That PS4 island!

PS4 sales increasing steadily. Next week will be big. 40-50k?
XB1 is almost at 4k YTD!! Amazing performance

Some Famitsu digital numberzzz from Dec 22 - 25 January. Hopefully Road can translate them fully in a few hours:-

Minecraft Vita 83,054
Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force Special 79,958
Minecraft PS4 49,479
Minecraft PS3 32,397
some Vita sequel 10,666
Smash Bros. Wii U 8,052
Yokai Watch 2 Shinuchi 7,807
Smash BroS. 3DS 7,437
Mario Kart 8 6,831
I think Final Fantasy Explorers 6,028

Bike Rider DX3 isn't featured so obviously only eShop titles with retail cards.

165k from MC in 1 month...

It looks like Sony has a pretty great line-up for Q1 of 2015. What is supposed to be releasing for the next 9 months that pull some numbers in Japan for 2015? I really hope FFXV releases in December over there.

antibolo

Banned
Wait so the PS4 is already one year old in Japan? Man, time flies so fast. That Japanese launch still seemed like yesterday.

KoopaTheCasual

It looks like Sony has a pretty great line-up for Q1 of 2015. What is supposed to be releasing for the next 9 months that pull some numbers in Japan for 2015? I really hope FFXV releases in December over there.
With Tabata aiming for a WW release of FFXV, that's pretty much impossible. For the rest of the year, we at least have Persona 5 and MGS:TPP. Hopefully more is filled out and announced in the coming months for the back half of the year in Japan.

And P5 and MGS being cross-gen doesn't mean they're not gonna really push hardware. We're already seeing big pushes in PS4 numbers from a cross-gen musou game.

With Tabata aiming for a WW release of FFXV, that's pretty much impossible. For the rest of the year, we at least have Persona 5 and MGS:TPP. Hopefully more is filled out and announced in the coming months for the back half of the year in Japan.

And P5 and MGS being cross-gen doesn't mean they're not gonna really push hardware. We're already seeing big pushes in PS4 numbers from a cross-gen musou game.
Yeah, I expect P5 and MGS to sell. Dragons Dogma Online is also coming out this year. It would be nice if Deep Down came out this year, esp since that game was revealed in February 2013, a game which was supposed to be a launch title. :S Worldwide release seems a bit counter-productive when they can release the game 1-2 months earlier in Japan.

Deep Down (?)
Dragons Dogma Online
Final Fantasy (? #believe)
MGSV: Phantom Pain
Persona 5
Ys

Takao

Banned
Ys won't be moving (m)any PS4s.

The F2P games are a wild card. PSO2 has done very well on Vita and I'm sure it's moved some hardware, but that's an existing property. Deep Down is something new and Dragon's Dogma Online is also on PS3.

monpiece

Banned
Whyyyyy??? Except for the memory card, don't they give two F2P title with one P2P game? That does not sound good at all.T_T

I think it is because of the memory card. Looking at Amazon.jp, the bundle cost 1,000 yen more than the Vanilla version and contains a memory card that costs 4,000 yen.

L~A

sörine;153639491 said:
I wonder how much a 3DS Minecraft could sell in Japan?

A Mario version à la Puzzle and Dragons SMB Edition could've been something really successful....... alas, it's way too late for that, as it's certainly not going to happen now that Microsoft has bought the franchise.

This past week is where the PS4 push began right?

God Eater Rage Burst last week.
DQ:Heroes (February 26) and Revelations (February 25) this week.
Yakuza 0 (March 12) the week after next week.
Type-0 (March 19) the week after that.
Bloodborne, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Disgaea 5, and One Piece 3 (all March 26) the week after that.

Hope it does well.

Yeah, I think it's gone from 18k to 22k and now 24k. PS4 going up and up!

Well then. Glad Vita got that boost. Were the LE God Eater Vita's out this week? This article has the release date as 4th of Feb.

That PS4 YoY drop though. poor PS4. Doomed.

Fuuraiki 3 did a lot better than I expected. I mean, it's tiny numbers but it seemed like an odd PC port of a small game anyway.

Don't understand those Hakuouki sales though. Is that a new game? I thought the series was much bigger than that.

Flarin

It depends though as its not like the Vita is really rampant in the West so with that in mind there still is a good number of folks who have not played the game but would have been curious about it.

Will be interesting to see how the PS4 version does in the West due to this. As any increase in numbers most def will be from that group of consumers out there.

It looks like Monster Hunter with good combat and a more interesting setting/ theme. I plan on playing the shit out of the PS4 version.

The hunting game genre is intriguing and has a great flow, but I'm sorry Monster Hunter is just not fun
for me
. Touikiden Kiwami should be a great time on PS4.

test_account

XP-39C²
A Mario version à la Puzzle and Dragons SMB Edition could've been something really successful....... alas, it's way too late for that, as it's certainly not going to happen now that Microsoft has bought the franchise.
Concidering how much Microsoft payed for Minecraft, i'm unsure if they will be restrictive when it comes to platform choices.

LOCK

I wonder if MM3D is going to mirror ALBW. Very good for this installment so far. And the 3DS is up YOY! Neat, maybe AC:NL indicates that a more casual audience is buying the system? Maybe because of the N3DS and faceplates?

The PS4 version of GE2B is below what I expected and hardware is lower too. Does anyone else feel like this is the PSV's swan song hardware wise?

This was a good hardware week compared YOY if you exclude the PS4 launch numbers.

Top Bottom