• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2015 (Feb 16 - Feb 22)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That is all true.

I definitely agree that the SE brand helped but I don't think it was the be all and end all. Because even prerelease BDFF had a number of well received demos which made some level of quality evident and the way they used the demos to take feedback built up goodwill with consumers.

I'm not sure Youkai Watch is a fair comparison for a number of reasons though! Least of all despite both being RPGs they are very different and actually aimed at different audiences.
Yes, kids games do certainly start slower at first.

I did try to cover that a bit with specifying "hardcore demand" as a strong driver of launch sales, but I edited my post a bit late and didn't explain exactly what I meant by that.

why do people in Japan care about this?

Seems like it doesn't matter in the U.S. and Europe.

Maybe cause in western markets more games are coming for PS4 while PS3 basically is dead or almost dead ?

Here in Japan you have a valid reason to switch from an old platform to a new one, I mean, I have PS3 and I want to play DQH

option 1 :
PS3 version, 6,800yen (tax excluded)

option 2 :
PS4 + DQH : around 50,000yen (43,000+7,800)

what would you do ?

different situation if we talk about some exclusive titles, such as BloodBorne or FF Type 0; if you want people migrating from a platform to another, you should give them a valid reason, in this case exclusive games
if you make multiplatform games people is not encouraged to switch, or at least at the current situation; maybe after summer things will be changed, but actually PS3 is still a solid platform, titles are cheaper than PS4 counterparts and not so many exclusives around the corner, even if as I said before, Type 0 could be the first "heavy" turning point PS4 might have (exclusive title, FF brand, bundle)

Since we're mentioning COMG again, the 3DS Seven Deadly Sins game showed up again in the weekly chart, presumably due to a new shipment. Wonder if it'll actually be up in next week's Media Create because it's done pretty well on COMG:

[3DS] Seven Deadly Sins truth of false accusation - 69pt

test_account

XP-39C²
sorry maybe I explained myself not well, I meant about hardware, not software :)
or maybe it's me that confused sw with hw cause I remember there was a debate about something concerned to DQH
Ah ok. Yeah, the hardware is already counted for, its the software that has been up for question.

None of them count digial sales (in their regular charts). So the bundle numbers won't be included anyway.
I think it should be included since it is a physical item that is being sold. Several of bundles includes digital download version of a game and i havnt heard anything about those not being counted, but i cant say 100% for sure. I know that Famitsu count download-code cards that are being sold though.

[PS3] One Piece Pirate Warriors – 1468 [ 627,214 ]
[PS3] [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes – 1194 [ ??? ]

Maybe about 510k for Dragon Quest Heroes?

Vena

What developers (developers specifically, not publishers in general) should be making what games for 3DS based on this that aren't doing so already, and for any examples, why is this a better decision than what they're currently doing?

What comes to mind in a hypothetical scenario:
  • SaGa 2015 (engine limited, and likely intended to be ported to PS4).
  • ImageEpoch: Luminous Arc (had a decent franchise on DS, strategy games of the sort have seen success on the 3DS but only IntSys with FE and, soon, STEAM, seem to be feed the audience.)
To expand on the latter, I find it very weird that a series like LA, which as far as I am aware did decently well with the DS audience, moved not to its successor where, in theory, its audience would have moved (and seemingly has, given the strong success of FE:Awakening) but to the Vita.

I also wonder why Falcom never makes 3DS games (of which I am aware?).

Atlus, outside of Persona mainline, gives a lot of love to the 3DS and, outside of fatigue on the EO game-type last year with the rapid-fire release of EOU2 and PQ, seem to have a pretty steady audience to pursue. On some end, actually, I could think of them as an example of trying to grow their brands on the 3DS with how they played the appeal of Persona with the mechanics of EO, trying to pull together two different audiences. There's also the coming DS2: BR. They've pretty much carved out a permanent niche for their games and even have people willing to pay the "Atlus tax".

I'll throw that into the pond, for now, as my contribution to the thought-experiment.

Takao

Banned
SaGa is most likely going to be ported to phones, not PS4. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Spongebob game. Unity isn't officially supported on 3DS.

Imageepoch has nothing to do with Luminous Arc Infinity.

There's no reason for Falcom to make 3DS games. They're not a huge company and their Vita releases have done well for them. Their recent games have run on Sony's PhyreEngine as well.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 9 2015

01./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)

03./01. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
04./02. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo)
05./23. [3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./07. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
07./05. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
08./03. [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./06. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4-II <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
10./04. [PS4] The Order: 1886 # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
11./13. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo)
12./14. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate <ACT> (Capcom)
13./10. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
14./16. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
15./19. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
16./09. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
17./00. [PSV] Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Jukai no Kioku <ADV> (FuRyu)
18./18. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U <FTG> (Nintendo)
19./08. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo)
20./15. [PS3] Far Cry 4 <ACT> (Ubisoft)

10./04. [PS4] The Order: 1886 #<ADV>(Sony Computer Entertainment)

Strong hold for The Order in Japan, Amazed it hasn't dropped from the rankings in its second week.

hiska-kun

New PS4's commercials running on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWVeyuHufA

2yBuO6C.jpg

Takao

Banned

10./04. [PS4] The Order: 1886 #<ADV>(Sony Computer Entertainment)

Strong hold for The Order in Japan, Amazed it hasn't dropped from the rankings in its second week.

It's sandwiched between two games that sold less than 10k last week. It's probably in for a 60-70% drop, which is fairly normal.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya in Shibuya had stock problems for the PS3 version of Dragon Quest Heroes when I checked this weekend.

1F458BFF-6AE7-4CF7-90B0-14D3544A11FB_zpsvd24gdy8.jpg

B2593AB7-240E-4AB1-AC61-C4EBC779C5F0_zps9wszcwva.jpg

Yodabashi and Bic Camera in Shinjuku had both version available.
No issues either in Bic Camera and Yamada Denki in Ikebukuro.

I don't even understand Comgnet. Like, what does a single point equal?

comgnet points are......fickle. Points on one console could lead to a different number of sales compared to another console, and the same with franchises. I've always thought the best comparison was same franchise on the same console. The points do give a general idea on the popularity of a title though.

What comes to mind in a hypothetical scenario:
  • SaGa 2015 (engine limited, and likely intended to be ported to PS4).
  • ImageEpoch: Luminous Arc (had a decent franchise on DS, strategy games of the sort have seen success on the 3DS but only IntSys with FE and, soon, STEAM, seem to be feed the audience.)
To expand on the latter, I find it very weird that a series like LA, which as far as I am aware did decently well with the DS audience, moved not to its successor where, in theory, its audience would have moved (and seemingly has, given the strong success of FE:Awakening) but to the Vita.

I also wonder why Falcom never makes 3DS games (of which I am aware?).

Atlus, outside of Persona mainline, gives a lot of love to the 3DS and, outside of fatigue on the EO game-type last year with the rapid-fire release of EOU2 and PQ, seem to have a pretty steady audience to pursue. On some end, actually, I could think of them as an example of trying to grow their brands on the 3DS with how they played the appeal of Persona with the mechanics of EO, trying to pull together two different audiences. There's also the coming DS2: BR. They've pretty much carved out a permanent niche for their games and even have people willing to pay the "Atlus tax".

I'll throw that into the pond, for now, as my contribution to the thought-experiment.

(Vita + PS3)
LoH : SnK - 145k + 103k = 248k
LoH : SnK2 - 125k + 94k = 219k

Their best selling PSP title sold 212k LTD

Why would they change when they are doing better than ever and they take advantage of Sony's phyre engine?

Persona mainline titles will remain on Playstation home consoles since thats where the biggest base is and where the most growth will be seen.

Since we're mentioning COMG again, the 3DS Seven Deadly Sins game showed up again in the weekly chart, presumably due to a new shipment. Wonder if it'll actually be up in next week's Media Create because it's done pretty well on COMG:

[3DS] Seven Deadly Sins truth of false accusation - 69pt

As I wrote a few days ago, the game was indeed super-supply constrained, since it basically disappeared from Famitsu Top 30, and was traded for a high price on Amazon. Now it seems the game has been restocked and we might see a huge comeback, as another Bandai Namco sleeper hit: Run for the Money.

Actually, you know what, we can also take this the other direction if people prefer.

Let's start with the assumption that you guys are right and that Bravely Default and Legend of Legacy are great arguments to make more 3DS games.

What developers (developers specifically, not publishers in general) should be making what games for 3DS based on this that aren't doing so already, and for any examples, why is this a better decision than what they're currently doing?

First of all, I think we should have seen more strategy-RPGs on the system. Fire Emblem sold close to 500k units, becoming the best-selling game in the genre since... The late Ninenties? It is safe to say that Fire Emblem audience like jRPGs and more specifically sRPGs, so a Final Fantasy Tactics, a Tactics Ogre, a Disgaea, a Front Mission would have made sense. Now we are seeing some small publishers to chase for this audience, but a new Fire Emblem is releasing this Summer, so that might be bad timing.

Also, more traditional jRPGs. What Bravely Default shown is that the 3DS audience is well receptive towards this genre, otherwise a new IP would not have had a 300k debut, with almost 100k units across digital and For the Sequel. For example, Square Enix itself could have tried some traditional game in established franchises (Mana -even if aRPG, SaGa). Shin Megami Tensei IV also sold greatly, so even more mature games might have sold well.

The success of mainstream anime tie-ins, such as Attack on Titan, also showed how the installed base might make a difference; only in 2015 we're seeing an almost serious effort in bringing a more traditional DB on the system.

One genre that was well covered, and quite smartly, is simulation; following (and even before) Animal Crossing, there were plenty of sim-games, of different kinds, that sold well: Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, Fantasy Life (though more RPG-ish), Magician's Quest. I think Popolocrois Monogatari will sell quite well.

Like if we look at the sales trends:
Bravely Default: 144,909 FW -> 357,640 LTD
FF: 4WoL: 119,634 FW -> 200,364 LTD

Bravely Default managed a bit more upfront strength than the Final Fantasy branded game (and FF:4WoL's first week is much higher than LoL is likely to ever get), but then the game delivering on what people wanted (and word of that getting around) got it well beyond 4WoL.

I split it apart this way as it's hard to tell a game's quality prior to release and word of mouth, especially given how few review outlets exist in Japan, so what's happening up front is going to be driven heavily by hardcore demand, brand power, and marketing.

Edit:

To give a brand power comparison, this is how a game without existing brand strength started:

Yokai Watch: 52,901 FW -> 1,319,637 LTD

If Bravely Default did nearly three times the first week of either Yokai Watch or Legend of Legacy, and it didn't have strong marketing, what do you feel was helping push that?

If we say it's not brand power and associate it over to making quality games and then giving out a demo, I think that gives us a more general release strategy for games as a whole than a 3DS specific thing.

I'll be out for quite a few hours though, but will try to respond either late tonight or tomorrow.

A counterexample is Fantasy Life (no brand behind it, launched after Animal Crossing):

Fantasy Life: 134,088 FW -> 288,271 LTD

The result is similar to Bravely Default (with also an expanded version debuting at 18,946 and selling 67,256 units).

duckroll

First of all, I think we should have seen more strategy-RPGs on the system. Fire Emblem sold close to 500k units, becoming the best-selling game in the genre since... The late Ninenties? It is safe to say that Fire Emblem audience like jRPGs and more specifically sRPGs, so a Final Fantasy Tactics, a Tactics Ogre, a Disgaea, a Front Mission would have made sense. Now we are seeing some small publishers to chase for this audience, but a new Fire Emblem is releasing this Summer, so that might be bad timing.

Most of the staff who would have an interest in making those games are not available because their resources are being pumped into other things. Mainly FFXIV. S-E has limited internal resources to create quality games, especially in genres where it is hard to make something which satisfies the fanbase - like SRPGs. This topic has been brought up before, and I pointed this out!

The success of mainstream anime tie-ins, such as Attack on Titan, also showed how the installed base might make a difference; only in 2015 we're seeing an almost serious effort in bringing a more traditional DB on the system.

I'm not sure how Attack on Titan shows that installed base might make a difference for popular anime tie-ins. The original sold over 200k and the expansion/sequel has sold less than 100k so far. Another popular anime/novel series is Sword Art Online, which sold over 200k on both PSP and Vita, despite there being a huge userbase gap between the two. Shrug. Unless we're talking about something which is a super huge breakout hit like One Piece Musou at 800k+, I don't think the example really matters. Stuff which sell less than 500k generally aren't affected by installed base so much as demographics. Installed base becomes a factor when we're talking about stuff which are constrained by the lack of users, but honestly I feel that with the numbers we're discussing it's so low that the impact of installed base is just statistical noise. No point trying to read into it.

01./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)

03./01. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
04./02. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo)
05./23. [3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./07. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
07./05. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
08./03. [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./06. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4-II <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
10./04. [PS4] The Order: 1886 # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
11./13. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo)
12./14. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate <ACT> (Capcom)
13./10. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
14./16. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
15./19. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
16./09. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
17./00. [PSV] Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Jukai no Kioku <ADV> (FuRyu)
18./18. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U <FTG> (Nintendo)
19./08. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo)
20./15. [PS3] Far Cry 4 <ACT> (Ubisoft)

no Uta no Prince-sama signs neither in Comgnet nor in Tsutaya :'(

no Uta no Prince-sama signs neither in Comgnet nor in Tsutaya :'(

Weird. The franchise was pulling over 80k units on PSP and publishers invested a lot in bringing otome games on PSV.

Most of the staff who would have an interest in making those games are not available because their resources are being pumped into other things. Mainly FFXIV. S-E has limited internal resources to create quality games, especially in genres where it is hard to make something which satisfies the fanbase - like SRPGs. This topic has been brought up before, and I pointed this out!

I remember. This does not mean that publishers could have exploited the situation better. Square Enix also outsourced basically all of its 3DS games outside KH. Also, it could have offset quality with brand strength.

I'm not sure how Attack on Titan shows that installed base might make a difference for popular anime tie-ins. The original sold over 200k and the expansion/sequel has sold less than 100k so far.

To be precise, Attack on Titan sold over 300k (286k physical + 22k on eShop), and Chain was not a sequel but an expansion with some additional mode (such as online); this sold around 80k so far (last tracking was at the end of January, and the game has been in Top 50 more than often). This means almost 400k for the game (assuming that there were not many double dippers of the physical version, since the expansion was also available for a low price to those that bought the original game). This would mean being the second best-selling PSV game.

Another popular anime/novel series is Sword Art Online, which sold over 200k on both PSP and Vita, despite there being a huge userbase gap between the two. Shrug. Unless we're talking about something which is a super huge breakout hit like One Piece Musou at 800k+, I don't think the example really matters. Stuff which sell less than 500k generally aren't affected by installed base so much as demographics. Installed base becomes a factor when we're talking about stuff which are constrained by the lack of users, but honestly I feel that with the numbers we're discussing it's so low that the impact of installed base is just statistical noise. No point trying to read into it.

Installed base helps potential sales; then, of course, you might have high sales on low-installed base platforms, in particular when you present your game as a high-profile project (instead of a really low-budget one). If you ask, though, I think that it's more likely a game is going to sell more than 300k on 3DS than on PSV. Then, I don't know how many mainstream anime games are left, but for example I was questioning why Bandai Namco hadn't done a proper DB game on 3DS and the week after the company announced DB Extreme Boutoden.

duckroll

why do people in Japan care about this?

Seems like it doesn't matter in the U.S. and Europe.

I think a big part of it boils down to the difference in appeal a console has in the west and in Japan. Right now the current-gen consoles already have all the franchises people like to play, so getting a new console is not a matter of "why" but rather "why not" when it comes to someone who plays a lot of current console games. But in Japan that isn't the case. The biggest franchises in Japan are almost entirely portable these days, and there hasn't been a big console exclusive title which gets Japan excited in years now.

If we're talking about PS3->PS4 specifically, it's worth noting that FFXIII is the only PS3 game which has broken a million copies in Japan. That was over 5 years ago. The most popular recent PS3 games tend to sell in the 700-800k range, while for most it's considered successful to just sell 500k. This segment of the console market has stagnated severely, and there just aren't that many people actively buying and playing consoles than before. So those who are tend to be content to stick with the system they have until there are real blockbusters they want. FFXV isn't coming out this year. DQH is also available on PS3. The Yakuza games are all still available on the PS3. Persona 5 is available on the PS3 (also unreleased). MGS5 is available on the PS3 (also unreleased!). There just hasn't been a lot of incentive for them to want to care.

Also, it could have offset quality with brand strength.

They tried. (lol) :p

YKNEOCE.png

No Uta no Prince game has been launched the past week, though.

(according to Chris new releases)

uhm... well.... yes, I checked on amazon and the release date is March 12, my sources were wrong (<_<)

good, this means there are still some chances a PSP game will chart, considering it's actually climbing up on Amazon chart !!!

ImageEpoch: Luminous Arc (had a decent franchise on DS, strategy games of the sort have seen success on the 3DS but only IntSys with FE and, soon, STEAM, seem to be feed the audience.

ImageEpoch are making Luminous Arc for 3DS... but it's called Stella Glow this time :p

Regarding the bolded, it was a 60k franchise at best on DS and a 40k franchise at worst. It wasn't really that big a deal.

As for the choice for Vita... I mean, I have no idea about the actual details of it, but it's worth noting that it's being developed by Felistella, whose previous output is 2 PSP games and 3 Vita games. I'd have to wonder if familiarity with the system and a game which is only going to sell in the 10's of thousands at best made the decision for them.

I'm sure they could've picked a different developer, but still.

Road

This is only for 2 days of sales, in one country, the UK, but...

- Dragon Ball Xenoverse had the biggest first week ever for the franchise
- Sales split: PS4 50% ; XBO 32% ; 360 9% ; PS3 9%

PC and console download sales not included.

As a comparison, first week sales split in Japan: PS3 55% ; PS4 43% ; XBO+360 2%

Kikujiro

I don't understand, is the anime airing now in the UK?
I know the game is having a big good WOM, but isn't the series well past its prime popularity-wise? I remember the Budokai entries being pretty big in Europe because at the time the anime was really popular, but that was a decade ago.

I don't understand, is the anime airing now in the UK?
I know the game is having a big good WOM, but isn't the series well past its prime popularity-wise? I remember the Budokai entries being pretty big in Europe because at the time the anime was really popular, but that was a decade ago.
Kai should be airing and for some reason Dragon Ball just hasn't died in the West. Dragon Ball makes most of its sales in the West

hiska-kun

The PS4 version seems fine, it's the PS3 version the one which is facing stock problems.

Bic Camera Ikebukuro (&#21697;&#20999;&#12428;&#20013;=Sold Out)
002B80AD-2C71-4AB2-B67F-95464E05E01E_zpseixl1bym.jpg

How many units has PS4 sold this past week?
In Ikebukuro Bic Camera they're sold out.
525DE14D-3CFB-44FE-A78C-F57B5865C71C_zpsjwgfomdd.jpg

Kikujiro

Kai should be airing and for some reason Dragon Ball just hasn't died in the West. Dragon Ball makes most of its sales in the West

That may be it, I don't watch TV progams anymore, but there may be annual reruns of the show, at one point in Italy DB was absolutely huge, almost 3 million viewers everyday. Well the game being good is probably an important factor too, though I didn't see a lot of hype surrounding it before the realease.

The PS4 version seems fine, it's the PS3 version the one which is facing stock problems.

Ps4 must have done really well then.

I predict 45k+ PS4's sold on this weeks media create.

So the PS4 is outselling the Wii U on a weekly basis or is this just a recent trend?
Is it poised to surpass the Wii U given the time?

Eolz

So the PS4 is outselling the Wii U on a weekly basis or is this just a recent trend?

Oh yeah, nobody here is saying that the PS4 will not surpass the WiiU.
It's not the question of "Will it?", but "When?" and "How much more?".

Vena

Eventually it will outsell it, the question is when.

Persona mainline titles will remain on Playstation home consoles since thats where the biggest base is and where the most growth will be seen.

Did I ever say otherwise? My post specifically said that outside of the mainline Persona series, that Atlus gives a lot of love to the 3DS with various titles, and has built itself a strong niche to sell their games too for decent mid-tier sales on a regular basis.

Don't worry, I am not suggesting that Atlus drop its console development (that'd be hypocritical with my stance of diversification). This is more of a discussion on how/where/which developers can spread their wings a little.

Given the PS4 performance in Japan, I would have been surprised if PS4 version was higher than 3.

Not only is this game available on both, I would think the artstyle means you arent losing as much playing it on the older platform.

I'm pleased to see this doing well, I lost interest in DQ with the move to DS since I dont need a portable game system - so it feels weird to be very excited for a new game coming out, on PS4 no less.

it's doing better since week 2, Wii U might have some spikes with Mario Party 10 and especially Xenoblade, but the weekly gap with PS4 is gonna getting bigger week after week
I usually make some comparisons and actually both are behind Gamecube, but PS4 is the one in better conditions and better perspectives by hands down

ok, now I'm from PC and can post the numbers :

Code:
           PS4        /  Wii U      /  GC
week 52 -  1,049,426  /  1,200,339  /  1,545,681
week 53 -  1,072,636  /  1,247,112  /  1,564,954

PS4 is going to have a huge boost due to a strong game releases for the incoming 6 weeks, Wii U entering winter holidays 2013 (280k for the next 3 weeks combined) and GC will keep around 10k for most of its weeks until mid november when winter holidays 2002 is approaching
So in the end of April PS4 might start approaching Wii U numbers, while GC will be still a little far considering the wide marging it currently has and the solid numbers for Nov/Dic 2002

Code:
                PS4          /  Wii U      /  GC
week 54 -                    /  1,320,094  /  1,577,738
week 55 -                    /  1,439,253  /  1,592,978
week 56 -                    /  1,518,427  /  1,606,065
week 57 -                    /  1,578,975  /  1,617,574
week 58 -                    /  1,593,004  /  1,627,861
week 59 -                    /  1,604,040  /  1,637,666
week 55 is the best week Wii U had post launch (119k), week 59 is the lowest for GC (9k)

Kyoufu

530k + Metal Slime bundles + Digital sales taking it closer to 600k for the first week isn't terrible I suppose. Will be interesting to see if it has any legs at all.

ZhugeEX

Banned
So my predictions were ok then.

530k is a good opening week if true. Would be good if the number excluded metal slime bundle as well as.digital download. Number could actually be much closer to 600k fw.

duckroll

~500k first week is about the base expectation for success, so it's good that it got there. Now the question is the PS3/PS4 split. It'll also be interesting to compare the split for next week's Yakuza 0 to see if it has changed at all from Ishin. Considering the momentum the PS4 is getting in terms of releases in this period, if there is no change, that would be very bad for Sony's strategy.

Top Bottom