• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2017 (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

But man, Island PSV didn't even make it into the Top30 and must have sold under 1800 units in its first week. Visual Novels haven't been doing so well on Vita lately (at least the physical releases), hope this is not a trend that continues.

Depends on the VN. This week's otome did pretty well for a remake of an old game.

But yeah, I completely forgot Island released this week, Frontwing/Prototype's releases aren't doing so hot on the console and it's certainly not hitting the same audience that were buying VN's on PSP.

NIS better hope that Danganronpa ripoff does decent for them because it looks like they have nothing left.

It's going to crater, lol. Looks like they're going to rely on NISA for another few years with minor hits (i.e. Yomawari) in between a sea of bombs.

That is fantastic for Nier! Congratulations to everyone involved; they totally deserve it. Can't wait for the localized release!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Tsutaya report regarding Switch Pre-orders:

Zelda Breath of the Wild is the most pre-ordered game by far. Pre-orders are 5 times higher than 1-2-Switch, the second most pre-ordered game.
Bomberman R is third and Dragon Quest Heroes 1-2 is fourth.

Regarding the profile of users, not only the usual Nintendo fans, also people who enjoy Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, and other light users have Switch pre-ordered. He has the impression that a new audience is interested on the system, different from the typical Nintendo.

http://www.mantan-web.jp/article/20170301dog00m200024000c.html

sinobi gave a Switch update but nothing regarding initial shipment.

Last chance is first day sales report at Friday or we'll wait for Famitsu's report at Tuesday.

Oregano

Just throwing this out there but Reggie appeared in a video at the Unreal panel/conference and talked about the announced Unreal Engine 4 games for Switch. He quite conspicuously didn't mention Dragon Quest XI.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just throwing this out there but Reggie appeared in a video at the Unreal panel/conference and talked about the announced Unreal Engine 4 games for Switch. He quite conspicuously didn't mention Dragon Quest XI.

But we know its using it, it would be a complete waste to not

LordKano

He also only mentionned 3 UE4 games out of the handful announced. Don't do this.

Maxinas

Doesn't mean anything.

L~A

Regarding the profile of users, not only the usual Nintendo fans, also people who enjoy Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, and other light users have Switch pre-ordered. He has the impression that a new audience is interested on the system, different from the typical Nintendo.

Not sure why this particular sentence was misinterpreted by several posters already, but the "not only the usual Nintendo fans, also people who enjoy Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter" bit is self-explanatory. It means "not just the usual Nintendo fans" AND "people who enjoy DQ and MH".

I guess hiska-kun omitting the "but" before "also" threw people off or something? Because the sentence is pretty clear, at least to me. Besides, I don't think a retailer would make such a mistake.

Excellent news about Nier. Hope it does well enough from us lot for Yoko taro to have a successful game attached to his name. Hope Yoko taro x platinum is the standard from now on.

gtj1092

Not sure why this particular sentence was misinterpreted by several posters already, but the "not only the usual Nintendo fans, also people who enjoy Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter" bit is self-explanatory. It means "not just the usual Nintendo fans" AND "people who enjoy DQ and MH".

I guess hiska-kun omitting the "but" before "also" threw people off or something? Because the sentence is pretty clear, at least to me. Besides, I don't think a retailer would make such a mistake.

People understand it quite well. The questions center around how are fans of those games a new audience of people buy a nintendo console. They are pretty much two of the three pillars of the nintendo handheld popularity.

Inuhanyou

Excellent news about Nier. Hope it does well enough from us lot for Yoko taro to have a successful game attached to his name. Hope Yoko taro x platinum is the standard from now on.

my god, what i would not give for that, or atleast SE giving him his own team to do stuff with a decent budget and technical capabilites, look what he can do with a mid level Platinum budget and not the table scraps SE had been giving Cavia and Access games on top of being inferior coding developers

Terrell

So, what's the official abbreviation for Switch on the sales charts gonna be? NSW?

Also, good opening week for Nier.

xbone > wii u
whew

To the surprise of no one. Short supply of Wii Us over the past little while coupled with an infinitely better piece of hardware being released the following week, along with not even being a decent-selling device in the first place, all but guaranteed that result.

L~A

People understand it quite well. The questions center around how are fans of those games a new audience of people buy a nintendo console. They are pretty much two of the three pillars of the nintendo handheld popularity.

Right, I don't think that's how you should read it. Just that the console appeals to more than just the usual Nintendo audience (fans, DQ + MH fans).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
SRW has been in a downward spiral for a while now, given it and the general state of the mecha industry in japan I think it did fine.

That's the first time I hear this. Is the mecha industry facing a downward trend in terms of interest currently?

Eolz

Right, I don't think that's how you should read it. Just that the console appeals to more than just the usual Nintendo audience (fans, DQ + MH fans).

Which would make a lot more sense then, I've probably misunderstood the first time :)

Alrus

my god, what i would not give for that, or atleast SE giving him his own team to do stuff with a decent budget and technical capabilites, look what he can do with a mid level Platinum budget and not the table scraps SE had been giving Cavia and Access games on top of being inferior coding developers

Knowing Square Enix, if there's a sequel it's going to have a peanuts budget just because.

My heart warms to see NIER do so well! Talent wins people. Persistence and talent.

And yay @ FFXV! It's still holding on! At this point the legs are miles ahead of XIII and Episode Gladio will hopefully see it bump to like 5-6K for that week! 1 million retail is coming by September/October

Alrus

And yay @ FFXV! It's still holding on! At this point the legs are miles ahead of XIII and Episode Gladio will hopefully see it bump to like 5-6K for that week! 1 million retail is coming by September/October

Has there actually been instances of paid DLCs boosting a game after its run at retail is pretty much done in Japan?

Nioh was a game that I had hoped would reach 1 million, but didn't dare dream it would do it so soon.

Nier was a game that I would never pegged to even reach 600k, but it looks like 1 million I s also entirely within the realm of reality.

zeromcd73

10th Anniversary of Professor Layton next week. Interview with Level 5 CEO in Famitsu in regards to the series and Lady Layton. Finally time for the release date
delay?

Also should get new info on DQ11 sometime today!

Inuhanyou

inb4 GR fans turn on Kat and replace her with Raven

Kat is getting a 2B outfit, so maybe that will increase sales? *shrug*

Knowing Square Enix, if there's a sequel it's going to have a peanuts budget just because.

I don't even think Nier Automata cost anywhere near as much as the bayonetta games or MGS for example which i would consider Platinum's biggest investments outside of failed projects like Scalebound

I hope they can make their money back on decent sales

horuhe

Very limited quantities for tomorrow at Mandai Shoten.
PHne6Z3.jpg

Top Bottom