• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 9, 2013 (Feb 25 - Mar 03)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Again, this is Vita. Soul Sacrifice will end up the third or fourth best selling title on the platform. It seemingly managed to push hardware on the gasping platform a little.

And this wasnt expected ? This has been hyped as Vita MH-killer for months now, not saying that sales are bad - but they are not really impressive. A couple k less and we probably would have called it a flop. It sold okay and a bunch of systems, which is fine ....lets see if it`ll have some legs now, which will determine what kind of success it is.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I doubt it will manage to push hardware going forward. This is sort of a last hurrah, I imagine.

IIRC, sell-through numbers were ~70% - not sure if that was first day or full week? Is that indicative that it will have sold most of the shipment?

I think that 70% was first day sell through on one of the special editions.

Laguna

Banned
To put things in perspective. Even Bravely Default (a new IP as well) which didn´t receive a marketing budget anywhere near clos SS sold more.

Maedhros

Lots of crow eating. Special mentions include Spiegel, Aranha-Hunter (lol, 25k and nothing more) and DragonSworne.

To put things in perspective. Even Bravely Default (a new IP as well) which didn´t receive a marketing budget anywhere near clos SS sold more.

On a hardware with 10x the userbase of the Vita, new IP from the guys who did Final Fantasy... WHO WOULD THOUGHT?

And this wasnt expected ? This has been hyped as Vita MH-killer for months now, not saying that sales are bad - but they are not really impressive. A couple k less and we probably would have called it a flop. It sold okay and a bunch of systems, which is fine ....lets see if it`ll have some legs now, which will determine what kind of success it is.
NB, my comment was predominantly regarding the hardware hold.

Correction on the Innocence R number, it actually did 47,312 first week, Abyss 3DS did 68,218 first week, and now Hearts R did 48k, so Hearts had a BARELY higher debut, but that can't be a good sign as a second Tales on Vita can it?

Tratorn

Yes, sure. :lol

The only people who said that are people who want to call it a flop now.

Lots of crow eating. Special mentions include Spiegel, Aranha-Hunter (lol, 25k and nothing more) and DragonSworne.

On a hardware with 10x the userbase of the Vita, new IP from the guys who did Final Fantasy... WHO WOULD THOUGHT?

I'm shocked!!!!!!!

Vita has some life in it. I wonder how long the SS legs will be.

Majmun

Well, there's a difference in userbase.

3D3 userbase is almost 9 times larger.

So relatively speaking, SS did pretty well.

Correction on the Innocence R number, it actually did 47,312 first week, Abyss 3DS did 68,218 first week, and now Hearts R did 48k, so Hearts had a BARELY higher debut, but that can't be a good sign as a second Tales on Vita can it?

Not at all, I'd be shocked if tales went near vita ever again

Moosichu

Monster hunter Portable started like 110K for opening week.
Of course SS won't have legs like MH, but we'll see...

Dun dun duuuuuuuun! I want the Vita to succeed so I hope Sony either announces some games, SS has long legs or that multiplat titles such as One Piece and God Eater help drag Vita along.

maltrain

GREAT FOR PS VITA CTM!!!

WiiU below 10k again...
nopuedeser.gif

SmokyDave

Where? By whom?

The goal posts getting moved again and again. I fail to see how two bad remakes of DS Tales games compares worse than a much beloved Abyss remake for the 3DS is indicative of the Vita's selling potential of a legitimate entry in the Tales series. I don't think those remakes would have done much better on any system, plus we don't even know what the expectations are for those titles. For all we know Hearts could have exceeded their expectations.

Also we don't know what the digital uptake was. What if 15,000 people bought Hearts digitally? That would put it above the Abyss 3DS game.

Edit: well maybe not above, but close.

cw_sasuke

Where? By whom?

Not to be a dick.... but do we really have to go into details now ? Of course this games was positioned and marketed as MH for Vita owners. Im not saying that anyone expected MH like sales, but this is supposed to be one of Vita biggest exclusive titles in Japan.

Some people here act as if an small unknown indie title somehow cracked 130k first week and we are all supposed to be shocked.

The goal posts getting moved again and again. I fail to see how two bad remakes of DS Tales games compares worse than a much beloved Abyss remake for the 3DS is indicative of the Vita's selling potential of a legitimate entry in the Tales series. I don't think those remakes would have done much better on any system, plus we don't even know what the expectations are for those titles. For all we know Hearts could have exceeded their expectations.

Also we don't know what the digital uptake was. What if 15,000 people bought Hearts digitally? That would put it above the Abyss 3DS game.

Edit: well maybe not above, but close.

We've seen the excuses before. They sold like shit regardless of the reason

SmokyDave

Not to be a dick.... but do we really have to go into details now ? Of course this games was positioned and marketed as MH for Vita owners. Im not saying that anyone expected MH like sales, but this is supposed to be one of Vita biggest exclusive titles in Japan.

Some people here act as if an small unknown indie title somehow cracked 130k first week and we are all supposed to be shocked.
There's a big difference between MH Killer and MH Clone. I don't think anyone ever described SS as an MH Killer.

The software is thhe answer.

Now I expect SS to have some legs, hope they are insane so we see another success story

Software is awesome in the US&EU in my opinion.
I can't understand the hate, i hope it will sell better and that sony put some effort behind it in japan, I just love that screen.

cw_sasuke

There's a big difference between MH Killer and MH Clone. I don't think anyone ever described SS as an MH Killer.

Of course a new Ip on a "dead" system cant kill the biggest 3rd Party IP on handhelds right now. MH clone/killer/wannabe etc. just a bunch of marketing terms.

Top Bottom