• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create weekly sales October 24 ~ 30

neo2046

01 PS2 Shadow of the Colosuss 140,295 [140,295]
02 NDS Pokémon Torouze 30,426 [96,675]
03 NGC Totsugeki! Famicom Wars (Batallion Wars) 25,568 [25,568]
04 PS2 Ultraman: Fighting Evolution Rebirth 25,502 [25,502]
05 PS2 Eureka Seven TR1:NEW WAVE 24,778 [24,778]
06 NDS Tamagotchi 23,289 [340151]
07 PS2 Hisshou Pachinko Kouryoku Vol. 1: CR Shinseiki Evangelion 22,081 [93,840]
08 NDS Adult Brain Training 21,730 [700,625]
09 NDS Gentle Brain Exercise 21,046 [610,725]
10 PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking! 20,534 [469,266]

Akia

Battalion Wars did better in Japan then it did over in the States. haha

Where is Sega Brain Training game?

jman2050

SotC just killed everything. Pokemon seems to be chugging along nicely.

No Princess Peach :( No Brain Training PSP either...

masud

Banned
neo2046 said:
02 NDS Pokémon Torouze 30,426 [96,675]
03 NGC Totsugeki! Famicom Wars (Batallion Wars) 25,568 [25,568]
04 PS2 Ultraman: Fighting Evolution Rebirth 25,502 [25,502]
05 PS2 Eureka Seven TR1:NEW WAVE 24,778 [24,778]
06 NDS Tamagotchi 23,289 [340151]
07 PS2 Hisshou Pachinko Kouryoku Vol. 1: CR Shinseiki Evangelion 22,081 [93,840]
10 PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking! 20,534 [469,266]
What the crap?

Nice to see SotC pick up some good sales. Given Advance Wars non popularity (comparitively) in Japan it's odd to see the Gamecube one do so well.

The continued success of Brain Training DS is phenomenal.

Mrbob

Wow Shadow had one hell of a first week. Bodes well for Rogue Galaxy next month.

PSP Brain Training is probably around 15-20K. Every game on the list this week actually sold over 20K. That seems to be a first in awhile.

jgkspsx

lochnesssnowman said:
Given Advance Wars non popularity (comparitively) in Japan it's odd to see the Gamecube one do so well.
26K first week is not "so well," especially for console titles that tend not to survive more than one week in the top ten.

This was just an awful week for everything new except SotC. Kudos for it!

lochnesssnowman said:
Nice to see SotC pick up some good sales. Given Advance Wars non popularity (comparitively) in Japan it's odd to see the Gamecube one do so well.

The continued success of Brain Training DS is phenomenal.

go advanced wars, fun game, where is psp brain training. i guess psp people found out that they were gettting a non-orignal version and decided to get a ds then.

donny2112

neo2046 said:

Anyone think they'll both cross 1 million before Brain Training 2 comes out in early December? :)

jgkspsx said:
26K first week is not "so well," especially for console titles that tend not to survive more than one week in the top ten.

Hasnt it passed the US LTD in one week?

Thats impressive.

jgkspsx said:

Yeah, I probably should have added a second (comparitively), it's not burning up the chart and will probably fall out of the top 10 this week, but I didn't see it achieving a position on the top 10 given how the DS one performed.

Tiktaalik

Yeah I didn't expect battalion wars to show up on the charts at all in Japan. I know it's only because there's nothing else good, but it's still surprising.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Maybe it'll do better in Eurpoe because Kuju developed it....?

ha, yea.... ok.

Well, at lesat it beat Geist...?

I hope they still move forward with the series though

SOTC is really tempting me to finally get a PS2. If the PS2 gets a freaking price cut, I might just get it along with a DS.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Nice numbers, although I wonder wether the daily charts or the Media Create charts are incorrect, as Brain Trainer Portable was above Gentle Brain Training all the week, how did this happen?
Neo, do you happen to know Super Mario Bros' numbers? I hope it'll beat a million and we will know when it does so ^^.

CoolTrick

Banned
although I wonder wether the daily charts or the Media Create charts are incorrect, as Brain Trainer Portable was above Gentle Brain Training all the week

Nay, it wasn't. It was only ahead of the DS one for a few days following its launch.

Yoshi

Gentle Brain Training =|= DS Bain Training. DS Brain Training was ahead of Brain Trainer Portable, but Gentle Brain Training was behind it.

Nickel85

Gentle Brain Training =|= DS Bain Training.
DS Brain Training was ahead of Brain Trainer Portable, but Gentle Brain Training was behind it.

I havent seen any daily sales from the weekend... but we know Nintendo games sold better on weekends,
probably enough to compansate the other days.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yoshi said:
Nice numbers, although I wonder wether the daily charts or the Media Create charts are incorrect, as Brain Trainer Portable was above Gentle Brain Training all the week, how did this happen?
Yeah, I'm wondering where this chart came from since it's not up on Gpara yet and that's where we always get it first.

Yoshi

It's from neo's secret sources :D.
Gentle Brain Training wasn't on top at weekend either.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Excellent sales for SotC. Sony's really proving to be a kickass developer this gen.

Well, there is no doubt that these numbers are correct, as they are from Neo, which means that either Media Create or the daily charts (or even both) aren't that precise.

Either way, another great week for DS. Btw. will we also get the software charts this early in the next weeks this early, or was this an exception or sth.?

Beowvlf

Banned
Excellent sales for SotC, completely deserved as it is easily one of the best games released this gen. And it's so hysterical to see the first response completely overlook that and focus on the PSP Brain Training's absence from the chart, despite the fact it probably placed like 12th or something.

Can't we all just get along?

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob said:
Wow Shadow had one hell of a first week. Bodes well for Rogue Galaxy next month.

I dunno! Everyone in Japan is saving their money for KINGDOM HEARTS 2. It sucks everything into a blackhole.

AniHawk

KICKASS SOTC SALES.

Disappointing BW sales. And by disappointing I mean, it's dissapointing that it's sold so many copies.

bycha

Maaan, Brain Training just won't let go. For how long it's gonna keep that pace. A year? Or TWO? Anyone remember legs this strong? Next November we could see 4-5 BT games in charts. Reminds me of The Sims and it's add-ons, for years there were 3-5 Sims games in US pc charts every month.

AniHawk

bycha said:
Anyone remember legs this strong?

pokemon-red.jpg

Yes, I'm calling it now.

SotC has spoiled me. I popped in Jade Empire today (bought it from the TRU deal) and holy shit was it bland. Fire Emblem managed to keep my interest for a while though. I think in that regard it's successful. But hell, back to SotC.

evilromero said:
SotC has spoiled me. I popped in Jade Empire today (bought it from the TRU deal) and holy shit was it bland. Fire Emblem managed to keep my interest for a while though. I think in that regard it's successful. But hell, back to SotC.

You know, it does suck that sometimes when a game is SO good it ruins other games for you.. GoldenEye was like that for me. GE was pretty much the first FPS I actually liked a lot (that's an understatement.. it's my favorite game ever, actually.. ) and it took me a while before I could appreciate other FPS after that..

neo2046

Yoshi said:
Neo, do you happen to know Super Mario Bros' numbers? I hope it'll beat a million and we will know when it does so ^^.
I don't know, sorry
Fuzzy said:
Yeah, I'm wondering where this chart came from since it's not up on Gpara yet and that's where we always get it first.
secret source ?? no :lol
the chart is from here
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/rank/total_rank.html
they are usually the last one to post the chart
and I have no idea why they suddenly posted this in the midnight

Deku

Banned
neo2046 said:

Deserving of the sales. SoTC is a very unique game, if not of the same level as a major Zelda game IMHO, but this game is awesome.

Top Bottom