• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Molecule Game will be revealed this year !

Stampy

Nah, IMO we haven't seen it because Sony likely doesn't want to have too many games which was "announced and release 2 years later"

It's obvious that Mark really really wants yo talk about it, but can't.

I think so too. We didn't hear anything about the game only because of marketing strategies. In 2013 MM hoped they would be revealing more about the game throughout the year, and at the end of 2013 they hoped to reveal the game in 2014.

According to the creative director of MM, they want to show their game this year
https://twitter.com/marcoshealey/status/550682733790650368

B6XARXbCMAAe6r7.jpg:large

Well the year only just begun, so we could wait a long time for it and that 'game' has me worried ;( (Unless it's some awesome Morpheus experience.)

Stampy

Why is it 'game' and not just game?

Already said in the thread. It's a tool more than a game. The game will probaby have a LBP style story behind it, but first and foremost it is a UGC tool that will be used by others to create stories/games/videos/music/worlds/new experiences.

Didn't care for that musical bit at the end, though.

So you don't care about animating the objects which you create, because that was the purpose of that bit. :)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Why is it 'game' and not just game?

It depends on how you look at it. I'm seeing that most people are questioning whether it's a game at all based on the quote marks, but I think it's because for the last year people have been calling anything BUT a game and so he just wants to highlight that it IS a game.

You will have the tools to create assets and you will have the game to build levels with those assets. I think the approach will be modular with a music creation tool too. They even show you them building a level in the demo so I'm still confused as to why people didn't/don't think it's a game.

We are building the next generation of Play, Create, Share for Playstation 4 & the wider web. We’re looking to hire an experienced JavaScript Developer to help bring the project to life.

Our last ‘UGC’ game, LittleBigPlanet (and its sequels) included a bespoke server stack that serves terabytes of content to millions of users, and successfully scaled to huge concurrencies on its launch day. This is a unique opportunity to experience the explosive launch of a game that will reach millions of users.

Now we want to take user generated content to places that other game developers daren’t even imagine. Our next game – teased during the PS4 announce, involves a gigantic universe of online, live, social, connected creativity.

We’re looking for people who have experience writing and deploying large web applications; ‘full-stack’ is a trendy word but we really do value people who understand all the pieces that make up a successful, large scale product that reaches a huge audience. You’ll probably have extreme Javascript ninja skills, capable of making the front-end sing, but won’t be afraid to help us design and implement everything from user-facing pixels to server-facing databases, developer facing (automated) tools & tests, and vegetable facing graters.

We’re in an exciting time of development at the moment – if you’re a backend ninja, a DevOp superstar, or a distributed systems guru who gets a little hot’n’sweaty at the mention of Operational Transformation then you should get in touch anyway and tell us how amazing you are.

was this posted...wth is this game about man? Been waiting since the f'n February reveal trying to understand what the heck they were doing with those friggin puppets! ughhh, what is this game MM!

Top Bottom