• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Vision hiring for a PS4 RPG which may or may not be Wild Arms

Soriku

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198286095&postcount=2085

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48083324.html

A certain company who has not publicly revealed their name on the recruitment page is recruiting for a 3D character modeler for the development of a PS4 RPG that blends Sci-Fi with the Wild West.

The specified company is located in Tokyo city, Koto district, Kiba, which just so happens to be where Media Vision is located. Brand new Wild Arms game coming?

It's gotta be happening! :x

Squalor

Oh. My. God. Yes.

I really didn't think in my wildest dreams that there would be another Wild Arms.

I want to believe.

GunBR

448.jpg

Dragun619

Damn, If this is really Wild Arms, man, hoping this looks really good. Don't cheap out Sony.

Needs that Cel shaded Vesperia/Valkyia Chronicles look.

Zetta

This is the series I've been hoping to hear about for the last couple of years. I hope we a new Wild Arms with Michiko Naruke on music. The Wild Arms soundtrack is my favorite out of all rpgs and a new entry in the series with everything else we're getting would make this generation so amazing.

Well there was a real teasing from Sony and some ex developers here et there, but every JRPG published by Sony is still an event those days, the last one being Oreshika 2. TGS announcement, come on.

OmegaDL50

I wouldn't categorize the Wild Arms games as sci-fi.

Even the first game had some advanced civilization overtones of a sci-fi nature.

The Metal Demons for example which were a race from another planet.

Even the Elw race had temples which technologies used computers, space stations with some kind of molecular teleportation tech, and even speculation of the creation of the ARMs weapons themselves. and of course the Golems.

In fact even one of the main characters
Rudy is apparently some sort of cyborg / artificial humanoid, to the point that during one of his battles his arm was destroyed and needed to be replaced via Elw technology.

I saw someone said it's just valkaria revolution

That doesn't really add up for a few reasons. There doesn't appear to be any Wild West elements to Revolution. And if it were that then why wouldn't they specifically mention it? It's been announced already so there's no reason to be secretive about the company or the game.

wapplew

That doesn't really add up for a few reasons. There doesn't appear to be any Wild West elements to Revolution. And if it were that then why wouldn't they specifically mention it? It's been announced already so there's no reason to be secretive about the company or the game.

Great, back to the hype train!

OmegaDL50

More Clint Eastwood and less animeme, thanks!

What and not have some cool anime intro like the original Wild Arms had?

The art style of the Wild Arms series has been consistent. So I don't expect a 6th Wild Arms title to not change much in this regard.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't quite understand how there can be a "recruitment page" without the name of the company? How do you apply for a job without knowing which company you're applying for?
I'm probably missing something here.

But anyway this is exciting, I'd love a new WA. I hope they won't screw it up by making it all modern and shitty with lame "action" combat and waifus and whatnot. (And Michiko Naruke better be involved!)

duckroll

I don't quite understand how there can be a "recruitment page" without the name of the company? How do you apply for a job without knowing which company you're applying for?
I'm probably missing something here.

These are not recruitment ads for permanent staff, they are recruitment ads posted via employment agencies for temporary staff or contract staff. Usually when companies need additional staff for ongoing projects they might turn to such job portals to create a listing, sometimes they don't want to announce who they are because they themselves might be under contract for said project (ie: they're not the publisher), so instead they'll list the company's general location, the salary expectations, and some vague details about the project they're hiring for.

salromano

Not to crush dreams, but to provide some better context, it doesn't say that this project they're hiring for is a sci-fi/western blend or whatever. What OP is looking at is a bullet point about the unnamed company:

"A popular game development company that combined sci-fi and western settings."

There are two more:

"An office where staff that love making games come together."

"The perfect environment to easily express your opinion and sharpen your design skills and senses."

The only actual detail we know about the project is that it's a PlayStation 4 RPG, meaning that it could very well just be Valkyria: Azure Revolution (which is why people are suggesting that as a likely possibility --- it's not because Valkyria: Azure Revolution has any hint of a western setting to it). What's interesting about this job listing though is that Media Vision chose to specifically label themselves as a studio "that combined sci-fi and western settings" where they could have used plenty of other lurings.

Regardless of whether this ad specifically is actually for anything Wild Arms-related, this year is the series' 20th anniversary and the creator did tease that Sony had a meeting about it, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
These are not recruitment ads for permanent staff, they are recruitment ads posted via employment agencies for temporary staff or contract staff. Usually when companies need additional staff for ongoing projects they might turn to such job portals to create a listing, sometimes they don't want to announce who they are because they themselves might be under contract for said project (ie: they're not the publisher), so instead they'll list the company's general location, the salary expectations, and some vague details about the project they're hiring for.
Ah, makes sense.

Faustek

Uhm, crush my dreams all you want. Or rather try, with or without this I fully believe a new Wild ARMs is happening. Been way to much teasing for it not to happen.

Although I kinda feel like smacking it out of them, especially as Naruke-san and Kitaon are dancing around and messing with us on Twitter. Not to mention the little visits from both Kaneko-san and Naruke-san.

Top Bottom