• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drencrom

Well, I think that the source is this: https://twitter.com/riesgoyfortuna (sorry if yet posted).

These guy as know as "blue_eyes" leaked many years ago Shadow of the Colossus in MeriStation, a spanish videogame forum. So, I think this is not fake.

Well... damn, you might be right. This could possibly be the guy that leaked SoTC.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/MeriStation

Google translate says: "March 25, 2003 a user of MeriStation (blue_eyes) leaked in several forums video games, including the magazine, the first catch of the sequel of ICO"

Elfstruck

I can't believe people think this is real. Why would Sony make this? They're not going to be winning the console war pumping out exclusives like MediEvil.

The protagonist doesn't even have a nose!

I cant even tell whether one is a joke post or not these days.

PlayMaker

Banned
I think you mean "these guys are known as" lol

Yeah. Jesus Christ, what a fail. Sorry.

Well... damn, you might be right. This could possibly be the guy that leaked SoTC.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/MeriStation

Google translate says: "March 25, 2003 a user of MeriStation (blue_eyes) leaked in several forums video games, including the magazine, the first catch of the sequel of ICO"

That's what I mean. I'm a user from MeriStation and the writing of Twitter and MeriStation user (banned many years ago, also, lol) looks the same. Probably the same person.

P.D. Note for those who can't find link: the leak post was deleted for obviously reasons. Sony would crushed the web if the would kept it.

I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Sony could be making a smaller, digital MediEvil game. Doesn't have to be a huge project.

yamaneko

New MediEvil is fine

But this year is Ghost 'N Goblins 30th Anniversary

and capcom don't said nothing about it

I'm Sad.

Camjo-Z

This game always looked creepy to me, and the aesthetics (much like the Abe's Odyssey) repulsed me. Although I'm happy if fans are getting a new game to their beloved franchise again.

The games actually had a fair bit of comedy in them, although Resurrection took it much further than the first two. (I could have done without the wacky genie living in his eye socket...)

OG Loc

Well, I think that the source is this: https://twitter.com/riesgoyfortuna (sorry if yet posted).

These guy as know as "blue_eyes" leaked many years ago Shadow of the Colossus in MeriStation, a spanish videogame forum. So, I think this is not fake.

That's what I mean. I'm a user from MeriStation and the writing of Twitter and MeriStation user (banned many years ago, also, lol) looks the same. Probably the same person.

P.D. Note for those who can't find link: the leak post was deleted for obviously reasons. Sony would crushed the web if the would kept it.

This is crazy. Wow.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here's a link discussing it (from 2003)
http://board.flashkit.com/board/sho...l)-to-the-best-game-ever-is-coming!&p=2365250

they even link to gaf (now dead)
A little adventure entitled Nico, apparently. The close relation in name to Ico likely isn’t by coincidence, though we don’t expect to know why until the title’s official unveiling, more than likely to happen at E3. Screen grabs of a trailer showcasing the upcoming release have leaked onto the ‘net from the meristation spanish forums, courtesy of poster “Blue Eyes.”

The screens are taken ilegaly from an intern dev conference, so the screen quality is not very good. (That info was posted on some forums)

ZarKryn7

Wow 80m copies sold the first game? No wonder why Sony is reviving the IP

#Teamreal

:p
Its from a uncreditable website ...

Anyway, as I stated before I'm not in any sides, but I do have some theories.

If it is fake
-it could be from a guy who is in the process of making a fan project which I would be totally down for.

If it is real
- I just have an intuition that this could mark a beginning of something. Like I don't know, maybe they'll announce this game and will mention that this game is part of a development program. Kinda similar to what square enix is doing with Gex, legend of Kain, etc. I mean, Sony has a huge stash of unused IP and seeing how they have been on good terms with a lot of independent developers, I could see this happening..

Vire

Just feels like a weird fit for Sony's first party catalogue considering they already have Bloodborne.

Medievil in 2015 would be the same thing albeit in a lighter tone.

If it is real
- I just have an intuition that this could mark a beginning of something. Like I don't know, maybe they'll announce this game and will mention that this game is part of a development program. Kinda similar to what square enix is doing with Gex, legend of Kain, etc. I mean, Sony has a huge stash of unused IP and seeing how they have been on good terms with a lot of independent developers, I could see this happening..
I have literally been praying for this, and I'm an atheist. Sony has the greatest stable of unused IPs of any publisher, hands down.

Hexa

Just feels like a weird fit for Sony's first party catalogue considering they already have Bloodborne.

Medievil in 2015 would be the same thing albeit in a lighter tone.

How so? To me they don't really seem similar at all.

Drencrom

Here's a link discussing it (from 2003)
http://board.flashkit.com/board/sho...l)-to-the-best-game-ever-is-coming!&p=2365250

they even link to gaf (now dead)

Welp, all things are pointing to the guy being the one that leaked SoTC.

#TeamReal

Have a buddy at SCEE Cambridge Studio (Guerrilla Cambridge).
My guess was... they are working on Borezone Mercenary (next Killzone) for the PS4.
Gonna ask him tomorrow.

Does it look like Unreal Engine to anyone else?
Nah! Actually the first thing I thought was: "Looks like CryEngine!"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If real, I'm expecting a lower budget corporate "indie game." It's a nice way to bring back some old favorites without having to invest so much.

Vire

How so? To me they don't really seem similar at all.

Similar gothic setting and atmosphere, action adventure type game, over the shoulder third person camera. *shrug

I just rather personally see a revival of something like Rachet or Jak I guess. Hell, even Crash...

DNAbro

Similar gothic setting and atmosphere, action adventure type game, over the shoulder third person camera. *shrug

I just rather personally see a revival of something like Rachet or Jak I guess. Hell, even Crash...

we are getting a new ratchet this year.

If real, I'm expecting a lower budget corporate "indie game." It's a nice way to bring back some old favorites without having to invest so much.
Honestly I'm so ok with this. Sony's smaller published games are my favorite in the industry. Doing that with their old IPs would be fucking magical.

There's a new Ratchet game this year. And it's not like that franchise has ever needed revival. It's never gone two years without a game.

PlayMaker

Banned
What I know is that blue_eyes was well known as an insider of Sony at the time. He had deep knowledge of Sony and videogames, and he was the leaker of Shadow of the Colossus. Actually, I think that the reason to his ban was for Sony pressure to MeriStation, but is only a thought.

He said that tomorrow could be more, so check out Twitter. And greetings to NeoGAF. xD

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Shit son, i haven't played Midievil since i was like 12 years old. I rented it from blockbuster at one point and i really liked it back then. Of course i remember that time because i seethed with hatred for the other PS1 game i was stuck with for a week, Jersey Devil. That shit should never have existed period

Fury451

Banned
I really hope this isn't fake, I think this would be a brilliant thing to bring back to the Sony library in this day and age.

Palocca

I'd love for this to be real, but it's hard to remain not skeptical when the leaker is flaunting his gaming handles and "teasing" about tomorrow.

Vire

This is clearly UE4 , no doubt, I can identify that from miles. I think this is a fan made remake or sth.

Why couldn't the actual game use UE4? Rime is being developed with that. I get what you are saying that UE is more accessible to fans though.

ZarKryn7

What I know is that blue_eyes was well known as an insider of Sony at the time. He had deep knowledge of Sony and videogames, and he was the leaker of Shadow of the Colossus. Actually, I think that the reason to his ban was for Sony pressure to MeriStation, but is only a thought.

He said that tomorrow could be more, so check out Twitter. And greetings to NeoGAF. xD

Welcome to GAF.

sn00zer

Was gonna say the same thing. I mean, what?
MediEvil 2 was very much Victorian Steam punk horro.....the games are actually very similar in setting.
medievil_2-1102797.jpg

118850_full.jpg

Top Bottom