• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet Lammily the "normal" Barbie doll. Now with stretch marks, cellulite and acne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm outraged, do they expect little girls to have this unreasonable height standards? I mean she is only 10.72 in. tall, ridiculous.

stilgar

You actually consider that ugly? My fucking God...

No. I don't consider a doll ugly. My point was:it's good to make a toy realistic, but it's a bit ridiculous to make it with all the shortcomings of a normal human body at different stages of its life. That's all.

Jenov

Those things are in the title of the thread, but I don't see them on the doll at all.

stretch-marks1-e1416379879604-600x600.jpg

acne2-600x600.jpg

Aeana

https://lammily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/stretch-marks1-e1416379879604-600x600.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://lammily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/acne2-600x600.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yes, it's been clarified above that these are optional decals you can buy to customize the doll.

Aeana

OH GOD THEY MADE IT LIKE A REMOVABLE TATTOO

I don't see anything wrong with providing ways for someone to customize their doll to make it look like they want it to. If a little kid gets a scrape on his/her arm and then wishes that their doll had one to match, they can do it. Stuff like that can mean a lot to a child.

Are we seriously criticizing the body of a doll designed to be closer to the standard/average body of a human?

Like, really?

I think our society plays down the physicality of women to a massive degree. "throw like a girl and punch like a girl" still exist. A new doll could go a way towards that.

Barbie was skinny but weak. This girl just looks normal sized and weak.

Surprised by a lot of the comments in this thread. GAF must have some kind of heroin-chic supermodel contingent that I wasn't aware of judging by how offended some of these posters are.

I don't see anything wrong with the doll. Yeah, it's plain, but it seems like a realistic depiction of an actual woman.

Do Barbie fans feel threatened by this?

I don't see anything wrong with providing ways for someone to customize their doll to make it look like they want it to. If a little kid gets a scrape on his/her arm and then wishes that their doll had one to match, they can do it. Stuff like that can mean a lot to a child.

I HATE OPTIONS

This is a pretty good idea, and is better than Barbie based on the image it presents to little girls.

She looks much more like a normal, healthy woman than Barbie.

stilgar

I don't know. I don't wanna be too harsh with this, but it remembers me of the toys they give to children in a hospital after a trauma. Does it mean every other dolls are a pressure for children? Again, I don't know, and I don't have children myself.
But at least I think it's good they've got the choice between different body types.

What kind of name is Lammily? Sounds like the demon from Drag Me to Hell.

And I encourage the CAW-style approach to kids' dolls. Let them get every size and color variation under the son and decals/clothes for any kind of look.

I get the point, but obviously kids want an idealized comically perfect doll. When I was a kid, boys didn't want wimpy GI Joes and He-Mans. We wanted roided up ANIMALS.

Why is it one extreme to the other. Girls shouldn't be anorexic but it should not be ok to tell girls that being fat is A-ok either

Dirt is listed as one of the options on the site.

Huh, indeed, I missed that part.

Personally, my fav figs as kids were those wrestling figures. I remember doing all sort of damage to them to make them look more badass, so I don't see nothing wrong with a toy that allows customization. My mother was always pissed when she saw those "broken" toys, but I loved them that way better, lol.

I get the point, but obviously kids want an idealized comically perfect doll. When I was a kid, boys didn't want wimpy GI Joes and He-Mans. We wanted roided up ANIMALS.

Do they? I always found the more outlandish toys far more interesting. Of course, I can't look into the mind of a little girl but I don't see nothing wrong with delivering options and the kids in the video were actually positive about the doll. "Looks like my sister" doesn't sound bad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom