• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enk

makes good threads.
Bah! Just missed the footage. Hopefully it will find a way onto YouTube sometime soon.

Parallax Scroll said:
See, the game's totally next gen. It has real time weapon change.

Glad to see they brought it back from MM8 ....was it in 7 as well?

Yeah, footage was good times and had a smile on my face the entire time :D

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Did anyone stick around to watch the Q&A session at the end? Inafune essentially said that Capcom would be producing Mega Man Powered Up 2. Hopefully that comes to pass.

Foffy

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:
Did anyone stick around to watch the Q&A session at the end? Inafune essentially said that Capcom would be producing Mega Man Powered Up 2. Hopefully that comes to pass.

Not only that, but Inafune would also like to make a Mega Man X9.

So that computery stage is Sheep Man's? Looks like he's indeed a Sheep in the Philip K. Dick-ian sense. A sheep field-themed stage would've been cool too, though. Looks like they're trying to keep the game close to MM2 visually, I would've liked a couple more colors. >_<

upandaway

AniHawk said:
Wow. Easy mode actually changes the design of the level and not just reduces amount of hits enemies need to die.
I don't know if I should play it first and then play the following difficulties or just jump in normal. Part of me wants to experience everything even if it's a bit of cheating.

KevinCow

Banned
Anyone want to venture some guesses at who the bosses might be?

2r53jhi.jpg

This seems to be the guy whose stage is based on sports. So, uh... Sports Man? But that seems way too obvious. Probably more like Pitch Man or something.

29du5bb.jpg

No guessing necessary, we know this is Sheep Man.

e9ev4x.jpg

This guy's in a sewer. Sewage Man? Waste Man?

dw3z1t.jpg

The only notable characteristic in this guy's stage is a truck, so I'm going to call him Delivery Man.

dqtj6.jpg

Evidently this game's fire/lava boss, but as their electric boss is Sheep Man, I think we can safely conclude that this is Stapler Man.

hte2ra.jpg

An ice themed stage, so continuing to follow Sheep Man logic, it's definitely Carrot Man.

2zgwyt2.jpg

Commando Man.

29zbk1.jpg

He's holding a sword, looks like a sword, and his stage shows bouncing axes, so probably something like Blade Man.

Zen

Banned
Hm, the graphics look a lot better than MM9, I was hoping that would be the case given the teams increased experience. It's also nice to see Protoman's shield jump apparently being slightly more useful in this one (based off the footage), although we didn't see any co-op play (I though that was in?)

Where did Inafune talk about X9? Is there a quotable source?

At least it means an X9 is on the cards, eventually.
(Legends 3 using the Wiimote/Gem would be awesome D:)

Gilgamesh

Whimsical Phil said:
Inafune essentially said that Capcom would be producing Mega Man Powered Up 2. Hopefully that comes to pass.
Awesome! No love for Maverick Hunter X2, though? :(

TheCardPlayer said:
Also, Inafune said that there will be more 8-bit Mega Mans before X9.
I hope that means they're gonna do a 16bit X9.

MoxManiac said:
:D :D :D

some people might complain that Capcom is running their retro idea into the ground, but I personally love this. 8 bit Megaman was a big part of my childhood growing up.

If as much care goes into the design of future 8-bit MMs as MM9 has, they can make as many as they effing want.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Zen said:
Where did Inafune talk about X9? Is there a quotable source?

The QA during the anniversary webcast. Inafune was asked if he was going to make a 16-bit X9 and he said that, he still has things to do with 8-bit MM, and that he'll do them all before thinking about other games.

Easy mode looks like an embarassment. Get that shit outta my Mega Man plz. Letting you play as Proto Man should make the game easy enough already.

AgentOtaku said:
Glad to see they brought it back from MM8 ....was it in 7 as well?
Yes

Personally, I didn't like the music or graphics as much as in MM9. I thought they were too brown or something. :lol

However, it's still Minute 1 for me. 12:00 EST sharp, I'll be downloading it off WiiWare. :D I know that the music and brown level are only 1 stage out of a ton, so I can care much less about it.

Also, I don't care how many 8 bit style Megaman games they make either. They keep making them, I keep buying them. I liked every single one except 4, which I still liked.

nincompoop said:
Easy mode looks like an embarassment. Get that shit outta my Mega Man plz. Letting you play as Proto Man should make the game easy enough already.
This reminds me of when people complained about the very optional Super Guide block in Mario Wii. :( I, for one, welcome this addition in MM10. It's almost like 2 games in one.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
The weapon icon pops up above Mega Man's head when he's quick switching specials. Nice.

I know they appeared below the weapon energy level in later games but I can't remember if that (quick switching and icons) was ever the case for the classics before MMAC.

The game looks every bit as hard as MM9 which pleases me to no end.

*looks at trailer*

Hydro Man? I imagine they're saving "Water Man" as a last resort.

TheCardPlayer

Alright, this is my turn at guessing the bosses!
-----
2r53jhi.jpg

Hmmm. I heard that there is a sports themed boss called Grid Man in Battle Network. But this looks more like a baseball themed boss only. You can see he has a mitt in his left hand. In fact, his hand probably IS the mitt.

Pitch Man?
Fastball Man?
Mound Man?

----

29du5bb.jpg

Motherfucking Sheep Man. Greatest Robot Master ever. And I'm not kidding.

----

e9ev4x.jpg

Hmmm. This is obviously a sewage/piping themed level. And that boss looks like he has some kind of faucet on his head.

Sewer Man?
Faucet Man?
Plumbage Man?
Pipe Man?

----

dw3z1t.jpg

Hmmm. Looks like a city stage with lots of vehicle elements to them. And the boss totally has a backwards cap on. Holy fucking shit!

Trucker Man!
Road Man?
Motor Man?
Engine Man?
----

dqtj6.jpg

This one is kind of obvious. Looking at the sprite, this guy totally has a torch on his head. So I'm thinking

Torch Man!

----

hte2ra.jpg

This one looks freaking awesome. He's obviously ice themed so let me go through the possible names here.

Arctic Man
Snow Man
Chill Man
Fridge Man

----

2zgwyt2.jpg

That's our pal, Commando Man, right there!

----

29zbk1.jpg

Blade Man might be too bland a name for this boss. Hopefully his weapon will be Sheep Man's weakness. Oh fuck it. The instant we all saw Sheep Man, we knew there was a blade weapon in there. Looks like a medieval theme leved.

Blade Man?
Steel Man?
Fencing Man?
Rapier Man?

Yaweee

The stadium level is clearly the stage for Honus Wagner Card Man.

Anyway, I'm glad they're including features that used to be DLC.

Torquill

Johann said:
Sheep have a roundabout way of relating to electricity through wool. Wool is known to build a static charge. Still, we're entering Megaman X territory with this.
Back story about robots getting a virus and going berserk, animal themed bosses, I was hoping they'd start hinting at Mega Man X stuff. I've always found it neat how Mega Man games tend to be more subtle in their storytelling. They almost never overtly declare any connection.

Enk

makes good threads.
:-O

Already looks way better than Mega Man 9 visually as the tiles look to be more fleshed out than 9's. Not quite on the Mega Man 5 level, but definitely an improvement. And that music track is fucking awesome! Easy Mode is nice and all but I hope they still include Hero and SuperHero modes again. So very psyched for this game now! :D

Dr. Chaos

Banned
On a geeky sidenote, hooray for the return of the adorable walking metools.

The slug/stationary ones from MM1 were always just kind of depressing somehow.

TheCardPlayer said:
Hmmm. I heard that there is a sports themed boss called Grid Man in Battle Network. But this looks more like a baseball themed boss only. You can see he has a mitt in his left hand. In fact, his hand probably IS the mitt.

Pitch Man?
Fastball Man?
Mound Man?
Oh man, I hope we get to fire baseballs as his weapon.

Easy Mode? You kidding me??

Well, I guess if it brings more money into the fold, but it's still pretty lame.

If I played on easy mode I could never look my mother in the eyes again. (Unless there's some achievement point thingy I had to do :D )

Parallax Scroll said:
Besides the slide, how were 2 and 3's control different? I don't get the ice shoes comment.

Go back and play them.

Megaman 1 controls are bad. He takes a little bit of time to stop moving once he's moving. "Ice Shoes". In Megaman 3 and onward he stops on a dime.

In Megaman 2 they slightly improved the MM1 controls, but he still doesn't stop on a dime. Also, the start up walk is different. In MM3 and up, the second you press forward you are moving. In MM2 and 1 especially, you hold forward and it takes a few miliseconds to "get going".

Also, in MM3 and up you can tap the controller and Megaman will inch his foot forward. You can't do this in MM1 and it doesn't quite work as well in Megaman 2, but it's better than 1. Like you can actually tap very quickly in MM3 as long as you let go of forward each time, no matter how fast you do this he still inches his foot forward. In 2 you need to tap and wait, or else he'll start walking.

Control in MM2 is fine, but MM3 is the game that perfected it. 4, 5, and 6 control exactly like MM3, but don't ask me why for some reason MM5 feels even tighter/better than 3, 4, and 6. I can't explain that, nor pinpoint why, but he feels even better in 5 to me for some reason.

TheCardPlayer

Arpharmd B said:
[...] for some reason MM5 feels even tighter/better than 3, 4, and 6. I can't explain that, nor pinpoint why, but he feels even better in 5 to me for some reason.

Oh that's quite normal. It's because MM5 is the best NES Mega Man. :D

MoxManiac

Yeah MM5 was damn good. Never understood the hate. Never understood the hate for 4/5/6 to begin with. And i'm sick of people putting 2 on some kind of pedestal.

rant over!

upandaway

Milabrega said:
Lots of MM4 inspiration. Commando Man's stage: Pharoah Man's. Sheep Man's Stage: Bright Man's.
Didn't the guy also say how MM2 and MM4 are the highly regarded MM games? I think I saw that today (edit: Yeah, a friend told me about it. Could have been bullshitting though).

What's up with that? Where the hell is MM3 in all of this? Does he hate it or something?

Dr. Chaos

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Yeah MM5 was damn good. Never understood the hate. Never understood the hate for 4/5/6 to begin with. And i'm sick of people putting 2 on some kind of pedestal.

rant over!
Always had a soft spot for MM6.

Loved the Rush adaptors even if they felt a lil bit gimmicky and Knight Man for some reason has stayed my favorite Robot Master after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom