• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
_leech_ said:
Is Capcom ever going to properly connect Megaman with the X series? Maybe 10 will.
Perhaps it will show Dr. Light building X and then the game ends with an 8-bit Zero killing Mega Man and everyone else. :O

I was hoping for a better looking game, something along the lines of the X series on PS.

At least bring it out for DSiware and PSN, it's not like those machines can't run an 8-bit Megaman.

FrostuTheNinja said:
Fine fine fine... I'll post in this one too...

Good news to hear that Capcom is "listening" to fans.

Capcom, listen to this... Trojan.
You should be telling them to make a Strider 3.

DR2K said:
I don't get how people are excited about dated visuals. You can still have classic game play and not look like shit. It's possible.
Has it occurred to you that this doesn't look like shit to some people or is that thought still lagging behind "Oh god must post on GAF" and "Where's the butter"

tenritsu

Banned
AWESOME. So glad that these are semi-yearly now.

Also, does this mean we can expect Wii Will Rock U to record another song in commemoration of the announcement? :lol

lyre

DR2K said:
I don't get how people are excited about dated visuals. You can still have classic game play and not look like shit. It's possible.
And you can still play classic shit without the crutch of remade visuals, but a hell of a lot of sheeple clamour for "HD remakes" of 20 year old completely playable and enjoyable games.

vulva

lyre said:
He brings up a good point. Now I wonder which older game's music will this one recycle. Hopefully it's 3 or 6 cause they already used 2 in 9.

What can I say? I'm a diehard MM fan that prefers a game series to push the game forward rather than pander to olden days that should have been long forgotten. Artificially increasing boss difficulty by only giving you single shots is not progress.
I fully understand where you're coming from. That said, Mega Man 9 was a nice treat and break. It wasn't anything groundbreaking and it probably wouldn't have stood out among the others had it come out in the early 90s/late80s. That said, it was still fun. I'd rather have a cheap re-hash that still challenges me and makes me feel like a kid again instead of playing any FPS this gen. It's mindless fun, but it's still fun.

Majmun

250 reasons to love Nintendo???

Do those reasons exists, or is Nintendo Power counting each magazine issue as a reason?

Zen

Banned
Somehow the decision to regulate these games to retro 8 bit art pieces makes me much more accepting of them. Sure I might like a proper new MegaMan X9 game (X8 was fantastic), but as long as they keep making these nice little bit sized low priced 8-bit classic MM games, I'll keep buying them.

Things this game should have:

Ability to play as Bass (like the optional Protoman mode in MegaMan 9).
Retain Optional Protoman mode please.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
EmCeeGramr said:
29cv31k.jpg

By the power of Greyskull?

These retro, NES-style Mega Man games are the best thing to happen to gaming in years.

I want more brand new NES games, please. Mega Man and Retro Game Challenge isn't enough.

I assume the decision to make this a downloadabble 8-bit series mostly stems from MM9 making a lot of money, while ZX, AX, and MMX8 being relative financial failures.

Oneself

It will probably be awesome and all but damn, sticking to 8bit style hurts me. HD 2D "vanillaware" style would be SO FUCKING AWESOME it feels like a waste.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
beelzebozo said:
you are too smart for this thread. you should go find a different one and let us stupids have our fun.
no.

I would prefer if they did episodic expansions or something of that sort. Megaman's cool and all, but this will probably end the same way it did with the X series and Battle Network/Star Force.

Anyway, hurrrraaaahhh.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I already reacted to this on the other topic, but I guess I can do it again here:

YES! I love you, Capcom.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ShockingAlberto said:
I assume the decision to make this a downloadabble 8-bit series mostly stems from MM9 making a lot of money, while ZX, AX, and MMX8 being relative financial failures.

Did we ever get any sales figures for MM9?

Taurus

Mega Man 3 came out like yesterday, I was superhyped with my friend and we were anticipating it by reading all the previews from the local Nintendo magazine almost daily before the release.

And now it's already Mega Man 10..? I think I'm getting old. :(

WOOOOOO! Day one 1! :D

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Oneself said:
It will probably be awesome and all but damn, sticking to 8bit style hurts me. HD 2D "vanillaware" style would be SO FUCKING AWESOME it feels like a waste.

Except 8-bit Mega Man rocks the face off all the other Mega Mans. And remember that classic Mega Man sucked ass outside the NES games...well except MM9...but it's an NES game anyway.

I bet "Sheep Man" is actually an amalgamation of all the consumers who bought MM9's DLC

Having said that, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEGA MAN 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chemo

Awesome, even more supremely lazy DD games. Another romhack that people will buy like crazy. I might give a fuck about a new Mega Man if they actually spent some time and money on it like with Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

DR2K

Banned
lyre said:
And you can still play classic shit without the crutch of remade visuals, but a hell of a lot of sheeple clamour for "HD remakes" of 20 year old completely playable and enjoyable games.

I never realized advanced visuals could be considered a crutch. I view it as complementary to the entire package. Although Megaman 10 is a new game, not a remake or a port. I mean I enjoyed playing MM9(the demo at least), but the visuals were pretty jarring to the experience. I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but when visuals get to the point of hurting the overall experience then you have to draw the line. I guess the problem is I've never played the older MM games so I can't appreciate the nostalgic visuals.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
ilkuar.png
1zp0d95.png

3343pyf.png

whoa shit is that an ice stage i see?
Oh man, i can't wait so much new content and awesome
what if they have all kinds of sweet dlc this time? going crazy just thinking about it

yeeeeaaaaaaaa

ReyVGM

Taurus said:
Mega Man 3 came out like yesterday, I was superhyped with my friend and we were anticipating it by reading all the previews from the local Nintendo magazine almost daily before the release.

And now it's already Mega Man 10..? I think I'm getting old. :(

WOOOOOO! Day one 1! :D

And it's only 10 because they stopped making them for a few years.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The 3rd playable character better be X or Zero, since they were both already created at this point in the series

When I first saw the scan, I thought "Oh how cute, another would-be MM sequel. Would make for a cute April Fools" Then it dawned on me it was real.

lol @ Sheep Man. I'm hoping that we just might see another Female RM. As for the third character, I'm 99% confident it's going to be Roll. Considering Powered Up and those Japanese Cellphone Remakes that made her playable.

As for reused music like what MM9 did, I too would hope for MM3. You just can't beat that awesome Get Weapon/Password Screen music. If ANYTHING was wrong with the MM9 OST it was that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0NjBSLT3HI&NR=1

So gooood

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they don't fuck us over with DLC again. I want all those features included in the package.

Davey Cakes

Rez said:
I hope they don't fuck us over with DLC again. I want all those features included in the package.
Some of it, yeah. Proto Man should just be part of the game.

I can't say I really minded paying a buck for the special level though.

Echoes

THE MOTHER OF ALL GIGAFUCKINGTONS!

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!

I received the news while sleeping, and I'm now eyes-wide awake and I can't sleep. OH MY GOD. FUCKING AWESOME!

3343pyf.png

GAME OF THE GENERATION BAAAAAAAAABBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Luigison

Cheesemeister said:
This is the best news I've heard in a long time! :D

Agreed.

I just scanned the article and notice that they listed a Mega Man anniversary, but no (other?) hint (that I noticed) for a release date. I love to get this before Christmas vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom