• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

This was the perfect ending to a hectic day like today.

*is forced to meekly kneel before Capcom again*

lyre said:
Gaming artstyle need to get the fuck out of the 80's already because it's obvious no one wants games to be relegated back to 8-bits since no one bought them, and not even downloadables. And Capcom is even worse for letting this kind of shit get greenlit twice.

Game was obviously successful or they would not be making a sequel.

I would say such a rediculous statement borders trolling but, I'm not a mod so...

Zen

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
I never played Mega Man Legends but man, people about it like it's amazing. Does it still hold up today? Would love it if Capcom released this on PSN so people could buy it. I know I would, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I wasn't a fan of MegaMan Legends, but MegaMan Legends 2 was pretty fantastic. They're basically the MegaMan equivalent of Zelda games. Control wise they're both dated, but not unplayable (You manipulate the camera left and right using the shoulder buttons). The Legend series has a fantastic world and visual style to it. I guess you could say there's plenty of charm.

Anth0ny

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

11two0n.jpg

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Would really wish they stayed in the early X series style. The nice beautiful effects and backgrounds of past enemies you have beaten!

This is the only way I want my mega man. MM9 was fully brilliant and I expect MMX I mean 10 to be as well. Anything else is style over substance. Extremely psyched!

Boy, there's nothing that can quite excite me like the announcement for a brand new Mega Man game.

I still remember oogling at Nintendo Power screenshots in preparation for Mega Man 3, almost 20 years ago...

Zen

Banned
Tobor said:
I'm content to be a sheep on this one. I bought Badman and I'll buy 3D Dot Heroes as well.

+1 for 'sheep' (Why are we being called sheep again?)

I bought Hero 30 and will be buying 3D Dot heroes as well.

Ranger X

TheCardPlayer said:
Except 8-bit Mega Man rocks the face off all the other Mega Mans. And remember that classic Mega Man sucked ass outside the NES games...well except MM9...but it's an NES game anyway.

So that was the graphics that made the old Megaman great?
To me it's gameplay -- this is the true reason why it's better than their 16bits counterparts.

Now use a little imagination and imagine a Megaman that has this wonderful 8bit gameplay in a wonderful 2D world looking 16bits or better, all in 2D. That would simply trounce other megamans not only in gameplay but in visuals as well.

KiNeSiS

Banned
FrostuTheNinja said:
Fine fine fine... I'll post in this one too...

Good news to hear that Capcom is "listening" to fans.

Capcom, listen to this... Trojan.

Co-Sign, & I'll add an HD sprite Strider request....

Owensboro

I thank god I'm not one of the people that can't find joy in them making another 8-bit MM game. Keep up the good work Capcom. If you can somehow manage to actually get this game printed into an NES cartridge I will buy it in an instant.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jocchan said:
I love their faux retro covers!
:lol I see what you did there.

Seriusly, day 1 download. Although I guess this means finally beating 9...which means beatign Hornet Man...which means beating his stupid friggin miniboss...

Teknoman

I will say i'd like to see more Megaman games in the style of Megaman 8 / & Bass or even X8....but i'll take what I can get.

Wait, just looking at the retro cover, who the heck is that guy near the top supposed to be? Could it be Cossack (it seems more like him with the glasses rather than Dr. Light)?

I still have to beat 9, so I can't say for sure if I'm going to buy this.
Also, count me among those that bought and played Half Minute Hero and loved it.

I flipped out. :)

I love the 8 bit Megaman games, not for nostalgia reasons, but I feel like that they are the best mechanically... Megaman is small, so you can see around you well, and he feels light, agile, and powerful. In Megaman 7 and 8 and X series, I felt that Megaman (X) was big, slower, and clunkier.

Some of these reasons are why I like the NES game Kirby's Adventure over its GBA remake, Nightmare in Dreamland. The enemies and Kirby were just way too big in the remake.

Why would you do that? said:
I flipped out. :)

I love the 8 bit Megaman games, not for nostalgia reasons, but I feel like that they are the best mechanically... Megaman is small, so you can see around you well, and he feels light, agile, and powerful. In Megaman 7 and 8 and X series, I felt that Megaman (X) was big, slower, and clunkier.

Some of these reasons are why I like the NES game Kirby's Adventure over its GBA remake, Nightmare in Dreamland. The enemies and Kirby were just way too big in the remake.
wat

Mega Man X... slower... clunkier? I think there has been some confusion.

Anyways, great news all around, but I'm still holding out for the 16-bit-style MMX.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just heard about this, awesome! :D
Hopefully it also gets released on psn. I enjoyed MM9 and I'm looking forward to this one as well.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Choppasmith said:
Wait, just looking at the retro cover, who the heck is that guy near the top supposed to be? Could it be Cossack (it seems more like him with the glasses rather than Dr. Light)?
Do you mean the one on this page? Cause that's not the real one. Jocchan edited it.:lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The_Technomancer said:
Do you mean the one on this page? Cause that's not the real one. Jocchan edited it.:lol
Yup, it was just an innocent stealth 'shop.
Sorry for the confusion :D

Somnid

beelzebozo said:
now if only nintendo would release a new ZELDA and METROID on wiiware with this mindset

I'd rather see Four Swords/NSMBW type games but I'm not picky about this stuff, 2D for life.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
beelzebozo said:
now if only nintendo would release a new ZELDA and METROID on wiiware with this mindset

http://i50.tinypic.com/2zpjc0i.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/f00kud.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
[s]Well, they released Animal Crossing in N64 style last year...[/s]
Yeah, I agree.

Piano

Banned
adversesolutions said:
Sorry but I must say no to this.

Give me a new ZX for DS. Like SOON.
Lord, I can't understand the love of ZX. I bought ZX Advent after being told how it was a great MegaMan game and I haaaated it. Awful game.

This, on the other hand, is more my speed. SO EXCITED.

Yazuka

Awesome news! This reminds me I have to finish Mega Man 9 one of these days!
Hope Capcom will release a 16-bit Mega Man X game later.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hmm...I hate MM9. Not sure what to think here.

from the looks of things, this is radically different and will change the minds of everyone who disliked MM9. i don't think there's any way to argue that.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Ranger X said:
So that was the graphics that made the old Megaman great?
To me it's gameplay -- this is the true reason why it's better than their 16bits counterparts.

Now use a little imagination and imagine a Megaman that has this wonderful 8bit gameplay in a wonderful 2D world looking 16bits or better, all in 2D. That would simply trounce other megamans not only in gameplay but in visuals as well.

In a perfect world we would have a Mega-Man title with Blaz Blu fidelity, with the fluidity of Sf3....

Sadly we live in the real world, in which the polish of the 8-bit Mega Man series is untouchable....
Best "engine" in the series since day one~!

I myself look forward to another dose of 8-bit goodness being a child old school 80's gamer @ heart....
Still the millennium man to the 10th power inside of me yearns for a 2-D game that would push the likes of the PS3 & 360....
I'd like a new 2-D Mega-Man so insane that it would have to be downported dramatically on the Wii....

I will say New Super Mario Bros. Is phenomenal, It's so awesome blending a little of this & that from SMB 1 & 3 as well as Mario 64....
It does a good job of hitting the nostalgic sweet spot while balancing in a more modern look....
I'd rather it be Hi-Def sprite based
2-D but we can't have it all....
I am very pleased with the SMB1 momentum based "physics"....
The added wall jumping adds a huge mechanic to an old tried & true formula....

Even a similar New Mega-Man would be nice....
You got the tech now make the best Mega Man ever Capcom!
The MM nes style 2-d throwbacks should continue, secondary to the mainline series....

Back to the real world this game is so cheap to make, Why bother investing money into a new MM game?

It's about time Mega-Man lived up to his name & grew up....

Personally, I feel that the larger size of X makes him feel a little slow and clunky in the X series, and as such, I actually like the X series the least of all Megaman games, but that's my personal taste.

beelzebozo said:
I disagree, because I feel that the NES Zelda and Metroid aren't the best in their series and are very antiquated.

The NES Megaman games, on the other hand, hold up very well today, and I'm pretty sure many say that they were the best in the Megaman original series. I love Zelda, but seeing a Zelda go back to the NES days would almost be like someone making a new Adventure in 2600 style, at least to me.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Why would you do that? said:
I disagree, because I feel that the NES Zelda and Metroid aren't the best in their series and are very antiquated.

The NES Megaman games, on the other hand, hold up very well today, and I'm pretty sure many say that they were the best in the Megaman original series. I love Zelda, but seeing a Zelda go back to the NES days would almost be like someone making a new Adventure in 2600 style, at least to me.

ah, yeah, you're right. plenty of jokers on this forum think LINK'S AWAKENING is the best zelda. so, they should definitely make it look like a game boy game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Personally I'm a 16bit whore so I kind of wish that MegaMan 10 is 16bit but oh well. I'm sure it will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom