• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 7 - Classic Romp on the SNES

While it's far from a bad game, I do agree that the slowness and proportions make it feel like a step down from the NES games. Love the music though.

I was actually playing through this again yesterday on my SNES. Took me a long time to beat the final Wily. I didn't have anywhere near as much trouble with any of the Wily's in the earlier games when I played through all of those on my NES again recently. Heh. I really, really like Mega Man 7, but that last Wily can be a bit of a pain. But it felt so good to finally beat him.
0rMISBq.jpg

I might play through Mega Man 8 today. Not sure. I've been stuck in like the first level of Wily's fortress in that since the '90s...though, I haven't tried again in years. I'll probably start it from the beginning. I haven't played through the Robot Master levels since I was a kid.

Megaman 7 came out in 1995 after Megaman X2.

Bass doesn't act firendly if you lose to him in the Intro stage, only if you damage him enough does he praise you otherwise he thinks your weak.

Specifically Shade Mans stage is where you find Bass injured. He not only destroys lights lap but takes the original Adapter parts.

Wily also breaks into the robot museum to steal a gutsman model to use remake as a boss in his castle later on.

Before you can fight Protoman you have to find the two other locations where he gives you hints. Then you fight him and get his shield, which only works when standing still. Also only works when the shield is in front.

X doesn't really have a rival. Unless you mean Zero, which isn't really the same thing as Bass.

One thing you skimmed over is that they brought the shops from Megaman IV and V(not 4 and 5) which allowed you to purchases items and powerups, like beat, and enhancements. Of course, there are more, but you have to find Auto's missing super bolt to get him working. Not only do you get more stuff, but you don't have to wait as long for the item to finish.

You mention interactivity with the environment but didn't expand. Some examples include using Freeze mans weapon in Junk mans stage to freeze the lava, or whatever it is, or freezing the fire canons in Turbo mans stage. Turbo Mans weapon can burn down trees in the forest, Cloud mans weapon can power up machinery, etc.

Along with the RUSH adapter finding the 4 letter to activate it, you also have a few other Rush power ups like coil again, and search, which is used to find secret parts.

You can also charge a "few" weapons in this game.
One nice feature they brought back from V and X, is that you can go to other levels during like say stage 2 of wily castle, then go back and still be at stage 2 and not start over.

Also the second time you fight Bass, he used the other adapter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The fight four robot masters, fight a Wily creation, fight four more RM is an abomination that should have never happened, or at worse stayed only on the handheld games.

More than any other issue I have with MM7 and 8 this is the one that bugs me the most.

The fight four robot masters, fight a Wily creation, fight four more RM is an abomination that should have never happened, or at worse stayed only on the handheld games.

More than any other issue I have with MM7 and 8 this is the one that bugs me the most.

I don't understand why. It allows a mini stage to happen, and then you get the next 4. Considering Slash man is the only one who chains weaknesses (and in 8 it's a loop) I'm not sure what the issue is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't understand why. It allows a mini stage to happen, and then you get the next 4. Considering Slash man is the only one who chains weaknesses (and in 8 it's a loop) I'm not sure what the issue is.

Having eight stages open to you at the beginning allows you to try each one and get a feel for it, more options for finding the weakness circle on your own and work it out. With four its half as short. Try before you buy if you will.

In 8 they also design sword man's stage around using the weapons from the first four bosses and I dislike it when the game forces you to use a weapon to clear a particular spot before Wily's Castle.

RK128

Megaman 7 came out in 1995 after Megaman X2.

Bass doesn't act firendly if you lose to him in the Intro stage, only if you damage him enough does he praise you otherwise he thinks your weak.

Specifically Shade Mans stage is where you find Bass injured. He not only destroys lights lap but takes the original Adapter parts.

Wily also breaks into the robot museum to steal a gutsman model to use remake as a boss in his castle later on.

Before you can fight Protoman you have to find the two other locations where he gives you hints. Then you fight him and get his shield, which only works when standing still. Also only works when the shield is in front.

X doesn't really have a rival. Unless you mean Zero, which isn't really the same thing as Bass.

One thing you skimmed over is that they brought the shops from Megaman IV and V(not 4 and 5) which allowed you to purchases items and powerups, like beat, and enhancements. Of course, there are more, but you have to find Auto's missing super bolt to get him working. Not only do you get more stuff, but you don't have to wait as long for the item to finish.

You mention interactivity with the environment but didn't expand. Some examples include using Freeze mans weapon in Junk mans stage to freeze the lava, or whatever it is, or freezing the fire canons in Turbo mans stage. Turbo Mans weapon can burn down trees in the forest, Cloud mans weapon can power up machinery, etc.

Along with the RUSH adapter finding the 4 letter to activate it, you also have a few other Rush power ups like coil again, and search, which is used to find secret parts.

You can also charge a "few" weapons in this game.
One nice feature they brought back from V and X, is that you can go to other levels during like say stage 2 of wily castle, then go back and still be at stage 2 and not start over.

Also the second time you fight Bass, he used the other adapter.

Thank you again for all the information. Will be adding it to the OP right away :D.

b3b0p

I'm listening to the soundtrack now thanks to this thread. I'm not digging the music as much as the NES classic series.

Having eight stages open to you at the beginning allows you to try each one and get a feel for it, more options for finding the weakness circle on your own and work it out. With four its half as short. Try before you buy if you will.

In 8 they also design sword man's stage around using the weapons from the first four bosses and I dislike it when the game forces you to use a weapon to clear a particular spot before Wily's Castle.

The issue with what you said is 7 and 8 don't really have weakness loops. Not only that, but you'd also be doing quite a bit of back tracking as well since there so much stuff locked away by the first four weapons instead of "some" stuff.

But mostly the former, in 8 especially the first 4 bosses don't go with the next 4.

I personally think Megaman and Bass is worse with this.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The issue with what you said is 7 and 8 don't really have weakness loops. Not only that, but you'd also be doing quite a bit of back tracking as well since there so much stuff locked away by the first four weapons instead of "some" stuff.

But mostly the former, in 8 especially the first 4 bosses don't go with the next 4.

I personally think Megaman and Bass is worse with this.

Yep, I didn't even want to bring that up. I generally find MM&B to be a better version of 8...except for how it handles bosses in an even worse way.

Top Bottom