• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 now up on WiiWare (67blocks)/PSN(Now)/XBLA(10/1). ProtoM DLC $2 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Well, I guess that's cool.. haha, wonder what the budget for something like this is nowadays

Link Man

Banned
This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see when I first heard of the Virtual Console. Here's hoping for some new 2D Mario/Metroid/Zelda from Nintendo.

This could be damn cool but at the same time I definitely got my fill on the NES Mega Man games back in the day. I have to wonder what elements it will introduce that can still make the current format interesting.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wonder if this game just resembles a NES title... or if it actually stays true to NES hardware capabilities? Will the game use the VC emulation of the NES or will it be a stadnalone title? If it's standalone... will they create the music with NES SFX anyway?? questions!!!

STG!

Wow, those screens are totally bad ass. Love the look.

Can't wait to find out some more info about this one, this will be one to watch.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Acosta said:
So, the only way to made a proper celebration of such a character was the cheapest way possible.

Ok... Is not what I wanted/expected at all.

Please go cry elsewhere. I didnt whine about Bionic Commando not coming to Wii

Mostly because I also have a 360 to play it on

sphinx

the piano man
I don't remember Nintendo power ever breaking new info for multiplatfom games... besides I think this is some kind of SE final fantasy affair ( FF1-6 -> nintendo systems, FF7-N -> sony systems ) were a part of the series just belong to a certain brand.

Somnid

I wonder how closely they will adhear to the NES standard? Like if they are just going to work within the constraints of the MMAC remakes trying to recreate engine glitches and all that or if they will do stuff like throw a ton of enemies out on screen and/or update sound and music.

Eitherway this is very cool. It took balls to make an NES game and I applaud them for it. Wii may yet be the savior of 2D.

Hunahan

Banned
Cool, I guess.

Suppose this will get me to finally care about WiiWare.

I'm sort of half and half on the 8-bit idea, though. I mean, retro style is cool and all, but did we really need solid black backgrounds and such? Seems like they could have made "the game that 8-bit always wished it could run" here, without being quite so literal.

Oh well. Still cool.

explodet

Will there be slowdown if there are too many sprites on screen?
I actually wouldn't be upset if that was the case, strange as it might sound.

Also wondering if this will finally make some Mega Man titles available for the VC. But that's another thread.

Pureauthor said:
There's an article about it in the next Nintendo Power.

It'll be released on WiiWare

Robot Masters:

Magma Man
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Concrete Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Tornado Man
Splash Woman (Um, not too sure on the last one.)

Inticreates is working on this.

I'd give some hard proof, but you know, scans and all. >_>

Pureauthor said:
Inticreates is working on this.

YES. DO WANT.

Milabrega

Just saw it...

That Dragon Thing Part looks AWESOME! Invis Blocks over death spikes, A very Toad Man esq looking stage rain and all, A combo of Dust Man and Bright Man's looking stage with those things that pop out of the pits that started appearing from 4 on. An Air Man / Second section of Snake Man looking stage.

Its a thing of beauty. Oh and I hope Tornado Man doesn't think he has anything on Air Man.

Teknoman

Perdew said:
OH NO IT'S THE DISAPPEARING BLOCKS!

"Doooop" "Doooop" "Doop Doop"

:lol Man those things were crazy at times.

Hey! How about we do a GAF Megaman 1-6 replay through, since MM9 is going to be 8-bit and all. Metal Gear and GTA got it, why not Megaman?

Haunted

:O :O :O

crazy_kermit.gif

Terrell

I just saw the screens, and it looks kind of awful, too much dead space in the background... it looks worse than the majority of 2D Mega Man games.

JudgeN

What the shit 8-bit sprites? Man I was hope they where going to use the saturn's 32 Bit sprites and 60 FPS. Very much let down by this.

duckroll

Somnid said:
I wonder how closely they will adhear to the NES standard? Like if they are just going to work within the constraints of the MMAC remakes trying to recreate engine glitches and all that or if they will do stuff like throw a ton of enemies out on screen and/or update sound and music.

Eitherway this is very cool. It took balls to make an NES game and I applaud them for it. Wii may yet be the savior of 2D.

Music will be 8-bit as well. There's a composer from Inticreates that worked on the Zero series, as well as a composer that worked on the NES games as well.

Haunted

To be honest, I always considered the 16-bit Megamen superior to the 8-bit ones, sorry. Both are better than the 3D shit of Megaman X7 and X8, though. :D

Still! Megaman 9! After all these years. *tear*

Alaluef said:
2D Wario, 8-bit Mega Man... I love all of this, but what's happening???
Wii doesn't cater to core gamers lol.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
duckroll said:
Here's what Inafune has to say about why it's 8-bit after MM8 (the question was about whether the game included elements from previous MMs that they had to cut):

"This isn't really an answer to the question, but Mega Man fans give Mega Man 2 the most praise, and we wanted to surpass that. We weren't thinking about how 9 would look after 8, but how it woulf look following 1 or 2. We wanted to put out a fun game that gets back to basics."

What a stupid reason.

jman2050

duckroll said:
Music will be 8-bit as well. There's a composer from Inticreates that worked on the Zero series, as well as a composer that worked on the NES games as well.

:O :O :O :O :O

I am cumming very hard right now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Meh. This will end up on everything else (XBLA, PSN, DS) sooner or later. They would be complete fucking fools for it not to.

schuelma said:
That's not a bad point given Nintendo's reported reluctance to "share" Goldeneye.

I'd still bet money on multiplatform though.
Nintendo never had any real claim to Mega Man. WiiWare does have multiplatform games already; at least unless you consider PC and cell phones to not count.
Choke on the Magic said:
Great, so what about Mega Man 1-8 and the X series?
Well, obviously downloading this game will cause them to fade away.

dyls

BocoDragon said:
I wonder if this game just resembles a NES title... or if it actually stays true to NES hardware capabilities?

I hope they get rid of the flickering and slowdown, but keep the 4-track sound. I'm a sucker for those bleeps and bloops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom