• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 now up on WiiWare (67blocks)/PSN(Now)/XBLA(10/1). ProtoM DLC $2 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino4evr

Brelston said:
Awwww shit!

IMG_1657--article_image.jpg

IMG_1658--article_image.jpg

FUCK YOU!!!

PS - can you take a photo and tell us the transcript on the back of the box?

also

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2008/09/18/meet_your_new_mega_man_bosses

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Joker_GSF said:
Yes, but iirc there are even changes in the patterns of the MM2 bosses in Megaman 3. So there are several reason that those are a lot harder.

Joker

Part of that is due to the boss rooms. Take Flashman and Quickman for instance: their rooms are not flat... Except in Mega Man 3! This alone changes the patterns a lot.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
They...they even aped the style of the original Mega Man instruction manual.

I love you so much right now, Capcom. <3

I can't believe all the jaded Metal Blade hate. Sure it's overpowered at times. But it's also superbly versatile, yet it won't always save you (chicken mechs, Air Man, Quickman, dragon boss are a few examples) and was a blast to experiment with. Most other weapons in the series after MM 3 got a little too rigid IMHO and were mostly constrained to taking out whatever boss they were meant for. Of course, the trend of being able to negate the weapon system entirely and simply take down all 8 bosses with just your mega buster didn't exactly help (although I like how this forced one to learn their patterns better)

Back of box quotes:

"wrongly-performed experiments with human beings"

"strange misrepresentations of humans"

"strangely-configured humanoids"

:lol Classic stuff!

Pacman2k

I figured most people wouldn't want the whole thing. It's mostly stuff that's already out there.

Actually, its ALL stuff that's already out there.

Lee N

Membre
Pacman2k said:
Actually, its ALL stuff that's already out there.

I expected it to be new stuff.

Why would they send out a press kit to people if it only contains stuff that has already been seen?

Lee N said:
I expected it to be new stuff.

Why would they send out a press kit to people if it only contains stuff that has already been seen?
So the members of the press would have all that data available in one convenient place?

Lee N

Membre
bmf said:
So the members of the press would have all that data available in one convenient place?
Capcom already have an online database for all press stuff, and there are even new stuff available not on that CD so it's not "all data".

Echoes

I've been playing MM1\2 nonstop for the past few days, already beat 1 two times and 2 two times as well in Normal and playing it right now in Difficult (in the bosses room now). Damn I'm not sure how to beat Wiley in this difficulty, since he takes half the damage that he takes in Normal it's just... irritating. I'll keep trying.

One more thing, anybody tried to clear Air Man's stage without taking a hit? I had done it once (the tornadoes were all dodge-able) and got excited and played it MILLION times again but the formula won't change: you will get hit eventually. Damn it I was gonna record that since, well, I've always wanted to do that :( but it's not happening again.

And just wanna take this out of my chest: playing through MM2 after beating MM1 makes MM2 just like a walk in the park. Amazing park though :p

Bebpo

Banned
Have there been any screens of the PSN/XBLA version? I wonder how close it will look to the Wii version after the forced upscaling.

Grok4Spock

The wait is fianlly over: Mega Man 9 hits North America next week!

The game will be released for download on the September 22 for the Wii. Playstation Network gets it September 25th, and XBLA will have it October 1!

These dates are for North America ONLY. You may now begin your local variation of the Dance of Joy.
Yay for WiiWare 3 day exclusivity!!

bounchfx said:
:lol I hope YOUR joking.

Dr. Wiley looks like Sub Zero and Megaman is all buff and holding a... :lol

:lol Ok you ALMOST got me, but you didn't.

I know your joking.

It's a mock up I know

Struct09

Dark Octave said:
:lol I hope YOUR joking.

Dr. Wiley looks like Sub Zero and Megaman is all buff and holding a... :lol

:lol Ok you ALMOST got me, but you didn't.

I know your joking.

*you're

And he's not joking, take a look at old Mega Man box arts and you'll see why the Mega Man 9 art is so awesome.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
This weekend can't go by quickly enough. Must have Mega Man 9. :O

Also, downloadable Proto Man is great news. I wonder if he'll be as overpowered as he was in Mega Man: Powered Up.

Struct09 said:
*you're

And he's not joking, take a look at old Mega Man box art and you'll see why the Mega Man 9 art is so awesome.
:lol I know all about old Megaman box are and it was NOT awesome. Never was.

YOUR (just had to do it) the one that...uhh...I got nothing. I just wanted to say "YOUR" again. :D

Oh and I must have missed it, but any news on when Megaman 9 launches? The Canadian guy above me brings me to believe that it's next week, with his "this weekend can't go soon enough" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom