• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 now up on WiiWare (67blocks)/PSN(Now)/XBLA(10/1). ProtoM DLC $2 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DL'd and tried Plug Man's stage.

Holy shit right off the bat they throw in the same cheap crap I hated from past MM's.

Series of disappearing block jumps followed by a hard hat sitting at the edge for a garenteed hit / possible knock back into the spikes.

Seriously Capcom stop that shit.

Sp3eD said:
DL'd and tried Plug Man's stage.

Holy shit right off the bat they throw in the same cheap crap I hated from past MM's.

Series of disappearing block jumps followed by a hard hat sitting at the edge for a garenteed hit / possible knock back into the spikes.

Did you forget how hard NES games were?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Linkzg said:
I need 200 screws to get Roll, that might be a lot.
It's not, and you should really read the description of the item before you are let down.

Sp3eD said:

ahahahaha :lol

ElFly

Achievements whores should note that the Wii version includes all the challenges of the 360, complete with a menu to see them.

Aeana

Yay. I got to Splash Woman without taking any damage, died against her twice, and then got the "ECO FIGHTER" challenge completed when I beat her. I guess that's winning with the buster? Either way, awesome so far.

Ah, what the heck. Here we go...

mm9-1.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I would love to buy this, but playing Mega Man on Wii reminded me I don't have the patience (and possibly skill) that I used to have. No easy mode, no buy. :(

bryehn

Lag compensation would be nice...My timing's a bit off.

Also, no option to use analog stick. Before y'all rape me for saying that, please understand I'm physically disabled and have trouble using d-pads sometimes.

Man, this is game is no joke. It may have the old, kiddy veneer but this is game is tough. Good luck to those going for the achievement in the 360 version.

Quick Impressions.

-Menu Music is all from MM2, including Boss Selection jingle and continue screen.

-The game feels very polished. This wasn't some 8bit hack job. The levels are challenging and long, and there's a good amount content when you include the 40 or so challenges. This game is beefy.

-The music is awesome so far.

-Minibosses, no not the bad. But this game includes Minibosses as well, similar to the later MM titles.

-Buy this game.

mollipen

Linkzg said:
I need 200 screws to get Roll, that might be a lot.

Funny, one screw was all it took for me to "get" Roll.

Sorry... I seriously couldn't help it. The agony of waiting until Thursday for the PS3 version is driving me crazy.

jooey said:
It's not, and you should really read the description of the item before you are let down.

It said costume. I don't expect different abilities, but just a different look, right?

And it doesn't seem like a lot, I already have 50 on just galaxy man's stage.

And this game seems to tell when you are farming for screws on respawning enemies.

Wizpig said:
Uh oh i forgot THE question:
How's the game on a Widescreen TV?!
Stretched or bars+4:3 window?

Black bars.

OMFG tornado man's level is fucking awesome. First level I've picked, so the bar was set high for me, the other stages are gonna be hard to to surpass this as my favorite but we shall see!

NeonZ

Concrete Man is really weak :D, those elephant robots were harder than Concrete Man himself (beat him with the basic Buster, first boss defeated).

thefro

Sp3eD said:

This is what Rush Jet is for. :lol

rhino4evr

Im really tempted to turn on my Wii to play this, but I really want to get it for 360 so I can brag to all my friends when I get the invincible achievement. It's so sad...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
rhino4evr said:
Im really tempted to turn on my Wii to play this, but I really want to get it for 360 so I can brag to all my friends when I get the invincible achievement. It's so sad...
It's there on the Wii too.

Damn played through about five of the levels and haven't made it to a boss yet. Now I have to go to work. I'll be back!! Also I need to beat the other Mega Mans.

Galaxy Man and his stage were incredibly easy, but I am having problems memorizing the block pattern for Plug Man's stage. They don't even seem as hard as block patterns from older games.

Game is harsh but fair. The difficulty can be alleviated quite a bit if you wish by buying cheap shop items.

Oh, and I was nosing in the user manual and found this:

Endless attack is 10/06 for 300 points
Hero mode, 10/20 for 100 points
Superhero mode, 10/20 for 100 points
Proto Man mode 10/06 for 200 points
Special stage 10/20 for 100 points

So, there's your DLC upfront with dates and prices.

Defeated Plug Man and Jewel Man, loving it so far. Only complaint is in the mini boss for Jewel Man's stage, sometimes you get cornered by the falling rocks and have no choice but to take damage.

shaowebb

Dear God where do I buy the limited edition cartridge for this!?
I've been f5-ing all day on capcom's store to try to find this things limited edition cartridge full of promo art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom