• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue and White (GBA) rated for Wii U eShop!

evanmisha

nV2a9Mk.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES.

THESE ARE MY MOST WANTED GBA GAMES.

EDIT:Wait which one's the best one. I just want one of them. What are the differences between the two versions

What? They can do a "two versions of the same game" release of this but not Pokemon? get with it nintendo

No seriously this is cool I've never played these games but I'd be willing to bite

Zeppeli

Banned

This is Capcom's licensing we're talking about

YES YES YES YES YES.

EDIT:Wait which one's the best one. I just want one of them. What are the differences between the two.

3 is the best

mrmickfran

YES YES YES YES YES.

EDIT:Wait which one's the best one. I just want one of them. What are the differences between the two versions

Blue has an extra boss. That's pretty much the main difference.

It sucks that people won't be able to 100% the game since two GBA carts were required to get all the chips.

wmlk

One of the most underrated and under appreciated games of all time.
These games had the greatest combat system in any game I have ever played.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh man. I already have so many Mega Man games on my Wii U. If they release all Battle Network titles plus MM&B and the Zero titles the thing will need rebranding to Mega Man U.

Berordn

What's the point of White then?

Besides the bonus boss, Blue has a couple of other bosses in the main story swapped out. Blue was actually a bonus version (called Black) released after 3's original release in Japan (our White version) with bugfixes and extra areas, but they tried to pull a Pokemon when they brought it here.

Skipping to the best ones, I see.

Besides the bonus boss, Blue has a couple of other bosses in the main story swapped out. Blue was actually a bonus version (called Black) released after 3's original release in Japan (our White version) with bugfixes and extra areas, but they tried to pull a Pokemon when they brought it here.
What is this. Ten-year-old me feels cheated.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

What the fuck.

TreIII

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Follow-up with the MMBN6 games and I'd be set.

Please let this be a sign that Capcom is testing the waters. Horinouchi (EXE Producer) has wanted to do a proper EXE revival for years!

Boogiepop

Ah, the greatest of the Battle Network games! I spent so, so much time with this game when it came out. And then the disappointment of 4 had to happen. :(

ohlawd

hahahah. Buying Blue now. You're a lifesaver.

I was just looking this up, so our Blue is Black in Japan (their enhanced Blue) and our White is their White. And Black (our Blue) has the bug fixes and extra content, but our White is the same as theirs without that extra stuff and fixes right?

SoulUnison

Banned
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Follow-up with the MMBN6 games and I'd be set.

Please let this be a sign that Capcom is testing the waters. Horinouchi (EXE Producer) has wanted to do a proper EXE revival for years!

Yes, please.

The Battle Network series came into being two handheld generations early. It was absolutely BUILT for the communications features of the 3DS. Please,please revive .EXE.

I don't even care if they just plain throw out BN6 and continue from there, since the series had a fairly definite "end."

I'm still sad that BN6 never got a DS upport like 5 did with Double Team DS.

Okay guys, how do the GBA games on the Wii U feel? There's still about 9 GBA games I was going to buy used, but if they play well enough from the eShop I'll just get them there instead. Save a few bucks and don't have to worry about buying a bootleg or anything.

still mad they're not on 3DS, but I'll live.

Verelios

Wow, I'm really happy I got Blue on release then. Went with Blue moon to keep up the motif.

Please release all of the BNs! I've only played a bit of 4 and 5, but I love the Star Force series and would kill to go through these.

wwm0nkey

Seriously one of my all time favorites. Hope more people get into the series with this.

Also DAT post game content!

Berordn

I was just looking this up, so our Blue is Black in Japan (their enhanced Blue) and our White is their White. And Black (our Blue) has the bug fixes and extra content, but our White is the same as theirs without that extra stuff and fixes right?

There's some other differences, like chip availability and there's at least one style unique to each game, but I think all the notable bugs were fixed in both versions when they were localized.

Blue still has the edge with the extra boss fight, though.

trixx

There's some other differences, like chip availability and there's at least one style unique to each game, but I think all the notable bugs were fixed in both versions when they were localized.

Blue still has the edge with the extra boss fight, though.

Oh so it's just the extra boss? I thought it was more than that. What are the game exclusive styles?

mrmickfran

What's the point of White then?

I forgot about the Giga chips as well. Each version have these 5 special chips that are completely different from each version. White has one where you can resummon the last boss chip that you used (with all the upgrades). You can even resummon
Bass and Serenade

Blue has the infamous Folderback.

Berordn

Oh so it's just the extra boss? I thought it was more than that. What are the game exclusive styles?

White had Ground, which was about manipulating the terrain in battle. Blue had Shadow, which I distinctly remember being stupidly overpowered and involved charge shots turning you invisible and invincible, or something like that.

The M.O.B

I've played Battle Network 2-6 and 2 is my favorite.

Really, which ever one you play first will probably end up being your favorite. Each game has more and more end-game content so I would say the later sequels are probably the best for your buck.

Agree with the desire for having this on the 3DS, but when I get a WiiU again this'll be the first thing I download. Would absolutely love to see a reboot/update to this branch of the Mega Man franchise.

Top Bottom