• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network GBA due on Wii U VC in NA on July 31st

Seik

Banned
The first one?

Fuck yes.

That Mega Man in the background is so ironic, I'm surprised they even have one at their office...

Astral Dog

The first three were decent and an interesting new take on Megaman, then they milked it to death and the quality dropped a lot on the fourth game.

i did not play the others, but i tried Starforce 3 after playing the demo and even if it has problems i enjoyed tha battle system much more than BN for some reason.

bobawesome

Nice. The first game was definitely my favorite. This was the first GBA game I bought. I had been waiting for it for months but to me it felt like a lifetime. It's a shame that the second game came along and soured those memories.

chrono01

The Mega Man Battle Network games were great. I'm not sure I'll re-purchase them, since I own the carts already, but it would be nice for ease of use, I guess.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if 4 and 5 will arrive on Virtual Console, considering they both had Boktai collaborations. 6 had that removed in the western versions.
But 1, 2, 3 and supposedly 6 are the best games in the series anyway.

wwm0nkey

Could you imagine a Megaman Battle Network designed around current day portables?

Man. That franchise was two generations too early.
It was. I still dream about an online BN game or hell even a MMO-lite version (like with Destiny/PSO systems)

What a fucking waste.... Absolutely amazing games but if there's no way to do multiplayer it's a pointless game to play.

I think I spent 959 of 999 hours logged in BN3:Blue wrecking people in multiplayer.

Azure J

4 was so bad I never played 5 or 6.

Apparently a huge mistake.

I remember being so fucking HYPE for 4 after 3's amazing everything only to never get the game and wonder how it turned out years later. Not only did I find out that it was a pariah of a game, both versions were apparently garbage.

BTW on the subject of versions:

Blue > White
Team Protoman > Colonel (IIRC)
Greigar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (x n) > Falzar

Could you imagine a Megaman Battle Network designed around current day portables?

Man. That franchise was two generations too early.

You know, I always felt like it was a good enough fit on the GBA already. I mean, it could have slowly evolved until it caught up to current-gen portables and it would have been glorious.

But of course, Capcom ran it into the ground over and over again and I was so fatigued after 3 that 4 felt like a complete chore. Bought 5 and got the same feeling again when I started it up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As someone who didn't play 3 or beyond (I think the whole multiple versions thing turned me off, plus after playing 2, I think I had my fill), what was so bad about 4?

Hopefully, this'll be the start of the other VC titles hitting Wii U & 3DS. Finally, Demon's Crest, Gargoyle's Quest 2, & Mighty Final Fight!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The worst part about 4 is how everyone regressed into toddlers:

iVFaD5IvtdBvb.png

ibhqQSeNYsQTHy.png

WHAT HAPPENED?

Sai-kun

Banned
As someone who didn't play 3 or beyond (I think the whole multiple versions thing turned me off, plus after playing 2, I think I had my fill), what was so bad about 4?

Hopefully, this'll be the start of the other VC titles hitting Wii U & 3DS. Finally, Demon's Crest, Gargoyle's Quest 2, & Mighty Final Fight!

instead of ever even considering playing the game, you should read EpeeM's Let's Play! of MMBN4 because it is infinitely funnier and more entertaining than the game could ever hope to be.

Spelling/Grammar/Translations errors everywhere, super broken chipset, godawful story/gameplay flow. It's just...bad.

edit: for a bonus game, try to guess how many fuckups will get tallied by the end of the game! (Hint: It's more than 250)

kasane

Is there online play?

I remember playing the emulator when i moved away from friends so we can play together

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
instead of ever even considering playing the game, you should read EpeeM's Let's Play! of MMBN4 because it is infinitely funnier and more entertaining than the game could ever hope to be.

Spelling/Grammar/Translations errors everywhere, super broken chipset, godawful story/gameplay flow. It's just...bad.

edit: for a bonus game, try to guess how many fuckups will get tallied by the end of the game! (Hint: It's more than 250)
Wow, I just got to the part talking about the game-breaking glitch. That's insane, especially considering it's for one of the main features for having multiple versions.

Not sure if I'll rebuy the first game. Part of me feels like going back to see if it's aged well (I partly remember the battle music being decent), but the other part of me remembers just being bored with how 2 didn't feel all that different to me as a kid.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
The worst part about 4 is how everyone regressed into toddlers:

WHAT HAPPENED?

Two reasons:

A) Colorful, 'cel-shaded' look was chosen to better go hand-in-hand with the then airing anime series.

B) I don't remember who said it, but one of the developers said BN4's was the largest game at the time and the graphics had to be scaled down to fit everything.

Top Bottom