• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man design changed for the Mega Man TV Show (2017)

Berordn

I actually kind of like it.

Don't see what's so terrible about it. Did the Mega Man fandom become the Sonic fandom overnight?

It's the Metroid effect of a franchise being neglected for a certain number of years that a completely unrelated spinoff actually feels offensive to them.

Ogawa-san

Why would they change it? It looked great.

SlushyPleasantKite.gif

Deviantart-great.

Part of the problem with the original artwork was that the pose and angle/perspective were awful.

This is at least more natural but man, that art style...

RRockman

Banned
Design is still pretty bad but even if the design was starforce tier there is still the show's horrible direction: giving megaman a random japanese name just because, the goofy school setting, and that garbage megaman mini character that would ALL need to be addressed before I would even consider looking at the show.

Keasar

I am really starting to hate every character that does that smirk.

The design can be amazing, but initially I will hate it when I see that goddamn smirk.

L Thammy

Why are people posting X? In X, the human race was being successfully eradicated by robots and had no recourse except to trust robots to fix the problem and hope they don't turn on them too. That's not going to be the show. Why would that be the Mega Man you get?

Actually, I'd like to see a show with a splits the focus between Rock and Roll's life as Dr. Light's assistants and their fights against Dr. Wily. Don't know if I'll be getting that either.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
giphy.gif

Why are people posting X? In X, the human race was being successfully eradicated by robots and had no recourse except to trust robots to fix the problem and hope they don't turn on them too. That's not going to be the show. Why would that be the Mega Man you get?

Actually, I'd like to see a show with a splits the focus between Rock and Roll's life as Dr. Light's assistants and their fights against Dr. Wily. Don't know if I'll be getting that either.

They're referring to his design, not the story.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It still looks like garbage.

It's an improvement from the dumpster fire that was the original design, though.

You guys have to understand this is clearly a cartoon with a very small near non existent budget, the psuedo cg/traditional look is cheaper to do than an entire traditionally animated or cg cartoon. Your not going to get nintendo smash bros quality mega man or high quality anime style mega man either.

ionitron

What the fuck.

I actually like the design more than the old one, but we've already seen some footage of the old one being animated. What's going to happen with that? They'll just redraw that?

What if this is just beefed-up promo art?

L Thammy

What the fuck.

I actually like the design more than the old one, but we've already seen some footage of the old one being animated. What's going to happen with that? They'll just redraw that?

What if this is just beefed-up promo art?

The "new design" has almost all the same details as the old one. Same glowing lines, same seams. The difference is more an art style change. If they want to make that change, I'd think they'd have to redraw everything.

Garnox

I think it looks better. I mean as far as a reimagining goes, could be worse. They have to make it appealing to kids today, not us grown ass adults. So flashy is the way to go, so they did pretty good I feel. Much better than that original concept.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
He looks better. Nicer colours too. Is it still the same concept though, with the tiny man inside his helmet controlling things? Still not sold on that part of it.

120v

Looks like an amalgam of all the designs over the years

which is fine. I mean it's a show for 12 year olds so whatever

Looks... fine to me, I mean it looks like Mega Man. Hopefully the actual show is good, if so it won't matter much to me either way.

ionitron

The "new design" has almost all the same details as the old one. Same glowing lines, same seams. The difference is more an art style change. If they want to make that change, I'd think they'd have to redraw everything.

Ah, yes you're right, my bad on using "design," when looking at it they appear to be almost the same.

But yes, even if they change the actual art style of the show, they would have to restart everything, despite the fact they've already have footage of it being animated. I really don't think they've changed anything.

SkyOdin

I don't have any problem with this Mega Man design, and I am about as big of a Mega Man fan as you could find. The series has constantly re-invented itself, and there have been a ton of different designs for the main characters over the years. This isn't even as big of an art style change for Mega Man as the X series to Zero series shift for X and Zero was.

To be honest, I think it would be a mistake to never change classic Mega Man's design. It is important to mix things up every now and then. This new design is still recognizable as Mega Man, since it hits all of the key features of the character.

wwm0nkey

Thank god, it isn't perfect but I wouldn't say it looks awful now. Still not what I want but boy did the original look like butt

JazzmanZ

All these negative reactions, where were you people when they revealed the designs for X, Legends, EXE and Starforce?

Top Bottom