• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man design changed for the Mega Man TV Show (2017)

A lot better. They seemed to get rid of a lot of the dark blue.

And oh how GAF forgets. Remember how the world rejected this when it was first announced:

tmntseries.jpg

And it's the new standard. And it could be worse...

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_film_July_2014_poster.jpg

A lot worse....

Adnor

Banned
Mega Man's classic design is perfect for animation, he's Astro Boy with bigger boots and a helmet, why did they change it?

LaserHawk

*shrug*

I think the design is passable. But I wonder if the story has received adjustments... that's what I had the problem with. The idea of a schoolboy that is a part-time fighting robot hero does not really reflect what I want in a Mega Man series. I'm sure he'll deal with "teenage issues" and have to keep his identity as Mega Man a secret, and all the other tropes that come with that kind of plot.

To be honest the design itself is okay, it's just that the art-style looks like Subway Surfers and ugh... :/

This looks like ass

EXE is my favorite Megaman design. Battle Network was awesome.

And there's another reason why I always thought you are a great person! :D

A lot better. They seemed to get rid of a lot of the dark blue.

And oh how GAF forgets. Remember how the world rejected this when it was first announced:

tmntseries.jpg

And it's the new standard. And it could be worse...

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_film_July_2014_poster.jpg

A lot worse....

People didn't like those turtles? I always thought they captured the turtles essence just fine for that show.

This design is better, but still so busy. Why so much dark blue? Why so much neon? Why so Animu?

I don't expect some of you to understand this but all versions of Mega man were designed to fit into what was cool at the moment of their creation. Have a look at what was happening on the TV when X appeared and you see that he blends perfectly with that, the same goes for EXE/Battle Network, those happened when the Pokémon-look got popular. I mean, the Tron-esque lines are kind of hot at the moment. Even DC comics characters got them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't expect some of you to understand this but all versions of Mega man were designed to fit into what was cool at the moment of their creation. Have a look at what was happening on the TV when X appeared and you see that he blends perfectly with that, the same goes for EXE/Battle Network, those happened when the Pokémon-look got popular. I mean, the Tron-esque lines are kind of hot at the moment. Even DC comics characters got them.

Big dumb heads are never cool

Rumor has it that the megaman team (is this a thing still) has been working on a game in-tandem with the show. 2 versions, consoles is MM team and mobile is somebody else

lazygecko

I still can't believe how spot-on that Ruby Spears pitch is. The odds of getting such an accurate adaptation even considered and make it that far into production feels incredibly miniscule.

L Thammy

It looks like a design made for some cheap smartphone game

I just remembered that there was a Mega Man design made for a cheap smartphone game that I really love (the design, not the game):

If the TV show shows off the same artstyle as the OP it isn't so bad, but the old one has a really nasty combination of an overly simple artstyle with an overly complex character design.

Top Bottom