• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man] Rockman X Over announced for iOS

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Fuck you, Capcpom.

Fuck you.

Why does it have to be on the fuckin ios man, why can't it be an actual console game? ugh makes me sick to see what has happened to my favorite series :(

hiryu64

UGH, this...this is just...insulting.

Mega Man used to be one of my favorite series ever. It's disgraceful what they've done with him in the past few years.

tgt9A.gif

I don't know what I'm REALLY looking at, but I know that I don't like the look of it.

I don't get it though...wasn't Mega Man a cash cow for Capcom for what...20 years or something? Why would anyone pretty much stop production/redirect a successful brand?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I don't know what I'm REALLY looking at, but I know that I don't like the look of it.

I don't get it though...wasn't Mega Man a cash cow for Capcom for what...20 years or something? Why would anyone pretty much stop production/redirect a successful brand?

Maybe they're just that bitter towards Inafune? XD;

The sad thing is that i'm gonna end up downloading it

And will get so much torture and pain that i'll probably end up starting to enjoy it :(

Foffy

Banned
Mega Man Network is implying the game is coming out west. As if there was any doubt...the amount of "effort" in the game doesn't scream Japan-only.

qq more

Grrr! 2 employees have spent ten minutes slapping together a 69p endless runner with Megaman in it! Grr! Must rage!!!!

These topics are pathetic.

Oh yeah, nevermind the fucking fact that Capcom cancelled 2 games that actually mattered (and one of them was something fans waited a god damn decade for) and instead makes stupid shit like this.

Isn't Archie making a Mega Man x Sonic comic?
I don't think that's any better.

I've been hearing good things about the recent Archie Sonic comics. So....

My response.

I let out an audible, "why' when I saw this news.

I'm so disappointed in Capcom. This is absurd. I've been out of the gaming loop for a little while and just Googled new Mega Man X for shits and giggles... All shits, no giggles.

Damn it man.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A Megaman RPG, if handled properly, could be a great game.

This will not be.

What the fuck, Capcom?

Command Mission was not great, but it had potential.

Wait, if it's called Rockman X Over, was Capcom calling it Rockman Cross all these years?

Conan-san

You'd know what would totaly work as a Megaman game on social platforms? Megaman Battle Network; it's all there; battle chips induce a level of grind, you could put in random websites to randomly generate battles, it would be awesome.
Did Inafune take a shit on his boss's desk when he left Capcom?

Naw, he just had a backbone, which in japan is like taking ten dumps on your boss' desk and then saying "you know what, Korea ain't that bad a place".

nullset2

I'm scared for the next Phoenix Wright now.

Power of Attorney (Double sized life bar) / Only $2.99!
The Spiritual Persuasion (Break Psych-locks with only one press) / only 4.99!
The Lost Court Records (Exclusive Additional Edgeworth case DLC that totally wasn't cut from the game) / only 9.99!!!
Deduction genius (a Super Guide a la Nintendo for the cases) / only $19.99!!!11!
Play as Sissel patch / ONLY 199.99!!1!!1

Boney

Banned
Grrr! 2 employees have spent ten minutes slapping together a 69p endless runner with Megaman in it! Grr! Must rage!!!!

These topics are pathetic.

How exactly is this topic pathetic.

It's the most cheap half assed game I've ever seen that's officially tied to a once world renowned franchise, that up until 2010 has had consistent releases in both quality and schedules.

I know you have to unconditionally defend it because it has a release on iOS, but at least try to veil, however thinly, the stupidity of both your accusations towards the posters in this thread and the rationalization of this sacrilege.

I was on a mobile device when I first saw this, but I'm finally able to see the full size image. That first sprite looks terrible. The entire thing looks bad.

I'm not a huge Mega Man fan, but Mega Man X was one of my favorite childhood games. It's incredibly unfortunate how much the series has fallen in quality.

Gojira

Neo Member
Forgetting the platform and the fact it's a social game... even if it was a run-and-gun for the Vita this would still look really awful.

The sprites are all over the place. Some of them look okay (the bird robot master thing in the last pic is acceptable) and others look atrocious (the main character).

The background looks laughably incomplete as well, like someone booted the game up on a SNES emulator and disabled all the front layers. What's there is okay, but for god's sake somebody draw a foreground.

And the HUD, OMFG. Who in their right mind would be happy showing the world such a thing?

qq more

Forgetting the platform and the fact it's a social game... even if it was a run-and-gun for the Vita this would still look really awful.

The sprites are all over the place. Some of them look okay (the bird robot master thing in the last pic is acceptable) and others look atrocious (the main character).

The background looks laughably incomplete as well, like someone booted the game up on a SNES emulator and disabled all the front layers. What's there is okay, but for god's sake somebody draw a foreground.

And the HUD, OMFG. Who in their right mind would be happy showing the world such a thing?

Yeah, the HUD looks like a serious quick MS Paint job. Seriously. I think it's the same exact shitty HUD from the X1 iOS remake but only with a different icon below the health bars.

Riposte

Everything in those screenshots look extremely unappealing lol. Level?

Btw, this would probably look a lot better at a lower resolution and pixelated.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
What's up with the look? Looks about what a HD version of the original style would be to me

Revenile

I went into this thread, fully expecting to be disappointed. Somehow still I wasn't prepared for this. I dread imagining what they could possibly do to make it worse at this point.

Easy, only the first 1/3 or so will be in the initial purchase, you'll have to buy the rest as DLC, along with half the powers.

Alchemy

Pfft, hahahaha. In a perfect world this sells zero copies. In our current world, dumbasses will jump all over it because its a known on iOS.

Who needs real video game consoles when my iPhone has a legit Megaman game?!

Top Bottom