• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X (Wii U) and Dr. Wily's Revenge (3DS) on sale for $2 on Canadian eShop!

Richie

Remember when ye called customer service, Hero? Success! Thanks to ye, and everyone involved.
Happy to see Canadian folks get to try these for 2 bucks also.
Wonder if us Latin American fellows also get to see the change in our eShop?

I'm kind of half asleep, and even though I saw the thread title this part gave me a heart attack.

Great deals though.

Well there are robutts, some fly! There's exploration (I think XD)!

Changed it. :p I WISH X was out now. XD

Remember when ye called customer service, Hero? Success!
Happy to see Canadian folks get to try these for 2 bucks also.
Wonder if us Latin American fellows also get to see the change in our eShop?

*bows* My pleasure! :) I doubt I was the one who got this done, I'm sure plenty bombarded Customer Service, but I'm damn happy to have done my part!

khaaan

YES!!! Firing up the e-shop right now, thanks to everyone who took the initiative.

Edit: Bought and installing.

Toparaman

Banned
I have recently seen several GAFers matter-of-factly say that Mega Man X sucks. I was under the impression that it was commonly considered one of the best Mega Man games. Is Mega Man X really considered bad in the MM/Rockman community? (Personally, I thought it was great.)

ohlawd

Already have X on Wii U but nice to know we weren't getting thrown under the bus.

Thanks to all those involved.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I have recently seen several GAFers matter-of-factly say that Mega Man X sucks. I was under the impression that it was commonly considered one of the best Mega Man games. Is Mega Man X really considered bad in the MM/Rockman community? (Personally, I thought it was great.)
Don't listen to such people. That's all I can say as MMX is great.

I don't know how to feel about this. I made an effort not to invest into Nintendo's ecosystem due to their lack of account system, but $2? hmmm

Ridley327

It is my firm belief that those people need CAT scans. MMX is a masterpiece.

zroid

Banned
I don't know how to feel about this. I made an effort not to invest into Nintendo's ecosystem due to their lack of account system, but $2? hmmm

Pick your battles. Not buying anything isn't going to send any messages about an account system, but buying Mega Man X for $2 will send the message that quality discounts are worth having more often.

Pick your battles. Not buying anything isn't going to send any messages about an account system, but buying Mega Man X for $2 will send the message that quality discounts are worth having more often.

It has nothing to do with sending a message to Nintendo but more of me being uncomfortable of having games tied towards the hardware. But yeah Nintendo is usually bad with having sales, especially with vc. At this price I don't think I can pass it up.

zroid

Banned
It has nothing to do with sending a message to Nintendo but more of me being uncomfortable of having games tied towards the hardware. But yeah Nintendo is usually bad with having sales, especially with vc. At this price I don't think I can pass it up.

Oh is that all? Well then I think the answer is obvious, as you've surmised yourself.

It's $2!

Wait, what? There's MMX re-make on the Wii-U?!

VC

I picked up MMX when the sale was going on in the US and the game is a steal at $2. I had only beaten a few of the NES Mega Man games back in the day and never really got into MMX since I didn't own an SNES or PSX, but I've been running through this and have really enjoyed it. Leaves me wanting more Mega Man X goodness!

chronosic

Weird, this deal dosnt show up under the price drop section, had to look up the game to see it. Didn't even see it advertised at all either.

Bulzeeb

bought the game yesterday and played it for like 40 minutes so the game is still as awesome as ever but I already beat 6 mavericks so I stoped to make the game last a bit more :(

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Just as I'm away from home (and from my WiiU). Grrr... When is that online storefront coming, Nintendo?

(There's no way to buy a WiiU game from my 3DS even with the NNID update, right?)

Really glad we get this sale too. I was kinda irked last week when we didn't get it and emailed Nintendo. I always figured the eshop content and promotions were shared between the US and Canada.

L Thammy

I blame Hero of Legend and his aggressive consumer habits for making this happen.
Weird that we didn't get this immediately, but very happy that we did. Finally used up my SMT+FE eShop credit too.

evanmisha

Hey, this purchase gave me a new page of tiles on my Wii U OS. Is it common knowledge, that it just expands as it needs to?

cacildo

I got mine and played the intro stage and one boss stage on the game pad

And its really good. I have a few other VC games (cough cough 30 cents) but this one is particulary nice to play on the gamepad

Mega Man X is AMAZING. It also has one of the best game soundtracks of the 16-Bit Era, if not of all time.

Videoneon

Game is a blast, my first mega man game. I'm terrible at it though. Which boss stage should I start with?

Mega Man X? Chill Penguin

Dr. Wily's Revenge? Fire Man

They might be talking about general characteristics of the X series, like the story or game quality over time or something.

If they were talking about Mega Man X game, they are terrible, because it is the best Mega Man platformer.

If they were talking about the series, they are terrible, no one talks shit about my goddess Ekkusu. He is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
there are legitimate complaints to make about the series but Mega Man X doesn't expose you to them, and it really is a phenomenal game. I think the X series is great anyway.

Top Bottom