• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection Review Thread

Bullet Club

5rfZe7F.jpg

Available on:

Nintendo Switch Feb 25, 2020
Xbox One Feb 25, 2020
PlayStation 4 Feb 25, 2020
PC Feb 25, 2020

Publisher: Capcom

Trailer:

eylFfQP.png

dlXeZKE.png

IGN - 8 / 10.0
The games in the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy still deliver, but the bonus features are pretty standard fare.
Destructoid - 8.5 / 10.0
Any one of these games are worth throwing 10 bucks at, much less all six. So long as you can deal with some antiquated visuals (even with the new look) and a bit of exploration-based frustration with the ZX games in particular, you'll have plenty of rainy days squared away with the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection.
PlayStation Universe - 8 / 10.0
There is plenty to love about the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. With great new additions like Casual Mode and a Checkpoint system, the Zero franchise can be enjoyed by both new and longtime fans of the franchise. It's just a shame that improvements seen in later games weren't retroactively put into earlier games to bring them all completely up to date.
TechRaptor - 7.5 / 10.0
With an engaging story, tight controls, and flashy action, the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection makes you feel like a real hero, despite some stumbles along the way.
Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5.0
The games included in the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection aren't always perfect, but they're still a ton of fun to take on thanks to some impressive stories, graphics and a nice level of challenge. Like the previous Legacy Collections for the Classic and X series, it's something fans will love to rediscover or even discover for the first time and is worth picking up. It's an odd chapter of Mega Man history, but one worth learning about again.
NintendoWorldReport - 9 / 10.0
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is one of the first must-own titles of 2020.
GameSpew - 7 / 10.0
There’s fun to be had here, sure, but it’s found in pockets among huge swathes of frustration.
Heavy - 8.8 / 10.0
A few extra quality of live improvements would have made this collection even better, but it’s still worth a pickup in its finished state.
Jack of All Controllers - 9.5 / 10.0
30 bucks, 6 games, 5 heroes, 1 cart or disc. I think Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is the ultimate compilation of Mega Man thus far.

These games are living proof of how much worse I’ve gotten at games in my old age. I have no idea how I beat Zero 2 as a kid. Now even the opening stage is a challenge lol

Andyliini

Thanks again Capcom for not releasing physical version in Europe. Thankfully, I can just get an import for it.

YukiOnna

MMZ series is still my favourite MegaMan series. I wish ZX was just as good but it faltered pretty hard in the story department. I hope there's a desire to do a Zero sequel or re-imagining in-house since Inti Creates doesn't want to do it anymore.

Pejo

I wonder if Capcom will do the Mega Man GOD collection someday after they get all the money from these mini-collections.

Top Bottom