• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man's 2017 cartoon gets a trailer

larrybreakdown.gif~c200

How is it?
Can't watch at the moment.

The trailer isn't at all representative of the show (it's 3D, where the show is 2D). The design's been revised slightly, and it's... alright, 'Aki' looks fine (though very clearly derived from the general framework of Rock), but there's a third character who lives inside MegaMan's head I guess that's going to be key to the transformation. No clue who they are. Hand actually transforms into the mega buster rather than is locked to it, and 'Meganize me' is MegaMan's 1980's level dumb transformation catch phrase.

Title was neat, had the 8-bit MegaMan sprite run across it.

ash_ag

Who is megan and what is she doing in megaman?

I'd like to get into the thought process of the person who came up with this motto. Did they think /-naɪz/ is a super-cool, catchy suffix to go with Mega-? Is this what kids like these days?

Kthulhu

Why does this look so unfaithful to Megaman? It's clearly supposed to be based off the games, but this doesn't seem like it's related to any of them.

The trailer isn't at all representative of the show (it's 3D, where the show is 2D). The design's been revised slightly, and it's... alright, 'Aki' looks fine (though very clearly derived from the general framework of Rock), but there's a third character who lives inside MegaMan's head I guess that's going to be key to the transformation. No clue who they are. Hand actually transforms into the mega buster rather than is locked to it, and 'Meganize me' is MegaMan's 1980's level dumb transformation catch phrase.

Title was neat, had the 8-bit MegaMan sprite run across it.

Why is the trailer 3D if the show is 2D?

I'd like to get into the thought process of the person who came up with this motto. Did they think /-naɪz/ is a super-cool, catchy suffix to go with Mega-? Is this what kids like these days?

It's probably intended as a play on 'energise', because MegaMan's a robot, relies on energy, and his transformation will probably be depicted as some kind of energy shift.

Edit:
Why does this look so unfaithful to Megaman? It's clearly supposed to be based off the games, but this doesn't seem like it's related to any of them.

Why is the trailer 3D if the show is 2D?

Same reason game publishers put out bullshots and CGI trailers that look way better than the games themselves - to draw people in to the product.

Otherwise, it's likely a Sonic Boom style situation where this is meant to be the start of a new sub-franchise to bring the series to a new audience. It's just that unlike the last time they did that with Battle Network, they're putting the show out before any tie-in game, rather than releasing a series to go with and advertise the game releases.

G-Fex

I don't know what's worse, Megaman being a tron/pokemon thing in that other cartoon or this.

Probably both.

Probably this more. Yeah definitely this

Top Bottom