• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega64 Community Thread of Kickapoo, Still Waiting on Blu-Ray and Joker Updates

D-Man

I'm so glad Shawnime is on the main channel now, but I do miss the old intro. It cracked me up every time.

RE_Player

I'm glad the Still Waiting joke is still going strong.

If I have to point to any accomplishments in my life I will point to being the first person to send in Waiting and Still Waiting to the Mega64 guys getting the ball rolling.

The new Funny Factory is up! It's called Web Rip and I love the format and set, but the first episode is a little rough. I enjoy the weird underbelly of YouTube so this show feels kinda made for me.

The new Funny Factory is up! It's called Web Rip and I love the format and set, but the first episode is a little rough. I enjoy the weird underbelly of YouTube so this show feels kinda made for me.

Derrick always had the most potential of the 3. That is, Derrick was always the one trying to expand his craft compared to Rocco or Shawn.

Edit:Actually watching it, I lied.

WHY DERRICK

The latest Blindbox is fantastic! It's about record collecting and has a lengthy interview with Rocco's Dad about a bunch of Beatles records and stuff that he has and it's super interesting

D-Man

Man, looking over the GoW4 thread on Gaming side is so bizarre. Do that many people on GAF not know who the boys are? I understand not being fans, but being on a gaming forum and having absolutely no idea who Mega64 are feels so odd to me.

Man, looking over the GoW4 thread on Gaming side is so bizarre. Do that many people on GAF not know who the boys are? I understand not being fans, but being on a gaming forum and having absolutely no idea who Mega64 are feels so odd to me.

Not knowing them is one thing but some of the posts in there are "Square just shot themselves in the foot" territory.

Honestly it makes the video even funnier to me.

My Favourite running joke on The Mega 64 Podcast is the Still Waiting Movie Gag. I loved that one year someone just shipped a giant box of Still Waiting Blurays, Rocco was salty.

IkMw6Lw.gif

Rocco talking about the obscure Japanese Super Sentai series being brought out on DVD sounds really cool to me. Always wanted to try those series out, mostly Akibaranger

Hasney

Ahhhh Mega64 poaching Screwattack on the podcast. It's like old school GameTrailers wars in a hilarious way.

I was also supposed to say last week that they're going back on their Patreon goal Fun Factory, the thing criticised for being too overhyped, to hype something else. That's a ballsy move.

Arkeband

Banned
Ahhhh Mega64 poaching Screwattack on the podcast. It's like old school GameTrailers wars in a hilarious way.

I was also supposed to say last week that they're going back on their Patreon goal Fun Factory, the thing criticised for being too overhyped, to hype something else. That's a ballsy move.

For the last few years, Rocco has adopted a weird hype-man kind of gimmick when talking about upcoming videos, and I think it followed a long period where their podcast and personal channels exploded with activity and gained popularity and they wanted to transition their energy back to their main channel videos.

So I've become numb to the "we're working on exciting things we can't talk about" discussion that is thrown in nearly every podcast, and at one point I think it was Garrett who even said "are we?", which got some giggles from the rest of the cast. The takeaway from their hiatus from Funny Factory is less of a "be extra excited" than "please divert your attention this way.", from my perspective as a long time fan.

D-Man

The fact that the boys have a legitimate movie script with the title "Cosplayerz" makes me so hopeful that it becomes an actual thing in the future.

Really excited for Version 4.1!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What was the most recent Joker update?

Cuburt

I've been a fan of Mega64's sketches since at least the beginning of YouTube.

I've recently got more into following their content since it seems they may have started to focus on the YouTube channel more(?), at least when they were producing videos for other sites it seemed like that was their main focus and everything else was their side stuff, but now they have Patreon and are trying to use that income to produce more/better content, I feel they are due for a real breakout as soon as they find their niche.

V4 seems like a good start since their skits seem like their best content and the videos that still hold up the best today.

I just recently found their Freza saga video and even though I'm not a fan of Dragonball, it's so hilarious.

Edzi

I missed their announcement stream, so can someone fill me in on what they announced and what they're going to be doing differently on the channel?

Top Bottom