• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 |OT| For heaven's sake, please don't mention the Switch!

0yCsirL.png

xI1BtWy.png

GC7Ed6O.png

ZgzpH3H.png

iV8H4WY.png

5obqTps.jpg

Wttdy6e.png

Digital release - 8/8/17 (Playstation 4, Xbox One, Steam/PC)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...on-2/cid=UP0102-CUSA08268_00-RCC2000000000001
(PS4 pre-order link)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/mega-man-legacy-collection-2/c4vfvzgf3480?wa=wsignin1.0
(Xbox One pre-order link)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495050/Mega_Man_Legacy_Collection_2_____2/
(Steam pre-order link)

Pre-Ordering on PSN also gives you this bitchin' Megaman theme for your PS4:
KjoNKhJ.jpg

Though it's kinda bullshit for the people buying physical. Hell, I'm buying 5 copies, Capcom! Cut me a break!

Physical release - 8/8/2017 (Playstation 4, Xbox One) $19.99

diBCaGO.jpg

And of course, the Japanese one-ups the rest of the world again by having another kick-ass Collector's Edition via e-Capcom:

CBm7VJu.jpg

-Rockman Classics Collection 2 PS4 game
-Robot Masters Weakness Cheat Sheet
-Rockman Themed Thermos
-And one of five different game case jackets:

Te6R2b7.jpg

The fifth one Capcom is saving as a surprise! Keep in mind, Capcom is only doing RCC2 on PS4 in Japan unlike the last collection.

For the import-collector (like me), I'd recommend ordering here:

http://www.play-asia.com/rockman-classics-collection-2/13/70b8ez

or

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4...ssics-collection-2-standard-edition-ps4-.html

for the regular edition.

http://www.play-asia.com/rockman-classics-collection-2-e-capcom-limited-edition/13/70b8hd

or

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4...llection-2-e-capcom-limited-edition-ps4-.html

for the Collector's. Remember to use the Promo Code "MYPSVITA" for $3 off if using Play-Asia.

2M278B2.png

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 is latest Megaman themed collection to be produced by Capcom. This set finishes the original mainline Megaman saga by including games 7-10.

Unlike the original anthology, Capcom decided to develop this collection in-house rather than using Digital Eclipse's Digital Engine for emulation.

poMRtNW.png

Being that it's Capcom itself at the reins this time, they are giving their A-game to try to make this the best Megaman collection yet!

-Megaman 7 from the original SNES 1995 release to be perfectly emulated pixel by pixel including the hidden Versus mode and restored Mode 7-effected ending sequence.

-Megaman 8 ported from the original Playstation, complete with goofy-sounding animated cutscenes (but none of the Sega Saturn exclusive features)

-Megaman 9 and 10 will have all DLC from last generation included (those games have to be completed once to be unlocked)

-All Japanese versions are said to be included on disc (though Rockman 8's musical theme had to be switched to the US/EUR version)

-Each game contains 4 unique borders in order to preserve its 4:3 ratio on widescreens

-A beginner's mode has been included, which reduces Megaman's damage by half.

-The use of save slates have returned from the original MMLC

BFMYHbr.jpg

Several bonus features have been included (just as in MMLC) such as:

WkSIXq1.png

A brand new "Challenges" mode that spans over 70 different events and throughout all 4 games!

uAzP7pb.jpg

A Museum Mode that gives insight on the characters of Megaman 7-10, plus allows you to fight any Robot Master for extra practice.

19To9HD.png

A Virtual Jukebox to listen to classic Megaman tunes!

55jrNGS.png

WbMI0Kv.png

Rock/Megaman/DLN-001 may look like a regular 10 year old boy without his armor, but in truth, is actually one of Dr. Light's first "Humanoid" androids, whom are able to feel and grow as a person as they experience life. Raised as Dr. Light's own son alongside his "sister" Roll, Rock rises to the challenge when Dr. Wily attempts to take over the world, volunteering to become the "super-fighting-robot," Megaman! Armed with an unique copy-ability that allows him to take the weapon of any enemy, Megaman endlessly fights for everlasting peace for both man and machine.
WCmmrx5.jpg

Roll/DLN-002 acts as a "sister' model to Rock/Megaman and daughter to Dr. Light. Chirpy and up-beat, Roll usually stays behind to care for and assist her father, yet secretly yearns for the adventurous lifestyle that her sibling has taken on.
RN2QGq1.jpg

Dr. Thomas Light is the father of modern-day robotics and the world's number one authority on the matter. A literal parent to Rock and Roll, Dr. Light supplies numerous amounts of aid and support in the battle against evil in hopes that his ultimate dream of humanity and robots living in harmony could become reality.
CyL8gZ0.jpg

Dr, Albert W. Wily was once Dr. Light's colleague and partner until his better jealously turned him mad, his ambitions turning to world domination. At first, he hijacks Light's Robot Masters to do his bidding, but after being thwarted by Megaman, Wily designs his own line of war machines to destroy the Blue Bomber once and for all.
tCZwAgg.jpg

Blues/Protoman/DLN-000 was the first "humanoid" robot designed by Drs. Light and Wily. Meant to be an android with a "soul," Blues became too independent and fled from Light Labs, only to be found by Dr. Wily years later and turned into a fighting robot in an attempt to counter Megaman. His mindset restored, Protoman waits in the shadows, ready to aid Megaman; the simple whistle he gives off the only clue that he is nearby...
jni3Ifl.jpg

Rush is a robotic dog given to Megaman as a companion on his narrowing and dangerous adventures. Using the adapters found in several Robot Masters, Rush can change his shape, from a spring coil to give Megaman an extra bounce in his jump, to a jet pack to easily fly over obstacles.
85KxyTY.jpg

Eddie (or Flip-Top) is a walking robotic container that appears in different stages to offer Megaman an item to even the odds. His contents are given at random, varying from a weapon capsule to as much as a 1-up!
bjrZtna.jpg

Beat is an electronic bird designed by Dr. Cossack as a gift for Megaman. Depending on the game, Beat can launch a homing attack against enemies, or be used to pull Megaman out of the many pitfalls placed in certain stages.
BOXDxSO.jpg

Auto is Dr. Light's self-appointed apprentice. He is also an inventor, and runs Big Eddie's shop, exchanging screws and bolts for new items for Megaman.
CGnV4rj.png

Bass, and his support wolf, Treble, were designed to be powerful imitations of Megaman and Rush. Despite being created by
Dr. Wily
, Bass has an incredible rebellious streak towards his maker, especially when attempting to prove himself as the strongest machine ever
MnoVTgI.png

Duo is an robot officer of alien origin with a strong sense of justice. His mission to find and destroy Evil Energy takes him to Earth during Dr. Wily's eighth attempt at world domination.

xo44Esw.png

bP8g4sG.jpg

Cw5KOdg.png

Megaman 7 Manual said:
"Dr. Wily Behind Bars"

The world's pulse raced with excitement! Everyone truly believed the conniving Dr. Wily had been stopped for good and imprisoned by the valiant Mega Man. Reporters jockeyed with cameramen for snapshots as the infamous Doctor hung his head while being dragged away in handcuffs. Dr. Wily would soon be behind bars. Or would he?

Dr. Wily was ready for anything. He had known his dastardly plans would end in failure some day, so after six months without contact his laboratory sprung to life. Monitors whirred into action, lights flashed and the lab control panel booted up. In no time four hidden robots emerged. The robots then began a rampage in search of their master. Wily had done it again. Nothing would get in their way!

The world's racing pulse turned to nervous fear as a city was pummeled. Wasn't Dr. Wily in jail? Why was this still happening. The four robots took no heed to the great robot creator named Dr. Light. Mega Man found Dr. Light and the canine cyborg Rush fallen in the streets.

"Dr. Light? Are you O.K.?" Mega Man shouted.

"Mega Man! We have no time," replied Dr. Light. "Dr. Wily is using his robots to cover up his escape. You must go! Follow his spaceship!!!"

Mega Man, Dr. Light and Rush looked on in horror as Dr. Wily's spaceship shot out of the prison. Dr. Wily was on the loose!"
DM5VwQT.jpg

Puxsfq7.jpg

The Order -
Freezeman/Burstman/Cloudman/Junkman/Slashman/Springman/Shademan/Turboman

SI647Rg.jpg

0ivMEJj.png

Megaman 8 Manual said:
"DESTINATION: METEOR CRASH

Dr. Light sped to his controls to react to the sudden alarms. Lights flashed and electronic sounds blared. He scanned the meters and checked the print-outs for any clues to what had just happened. Then the computers centered on the disruption in the radar and brought it on-screen.

"Mega Man, come in! You must investigate the disturbance immediately. Come in, Mega Man!"

A hologram displaying the gentle face of the Titanium Titan gradually materialized, and Dr. Light breathed a sigh of relief. Mega Man was already in the vicinity.

"Yes, Dr. Light. I have the readings. From the looks of it that comet was not an accident. I detect a high concentration of metal ally in that fireball. I bet Dr. Wily is behind this."

"If not, he at least knows about it and is nearby. It crashed onto that desert island. If Wily's there, don't let him get away. And be careful Mega Man. Remember what happened the last time!"
25YQgOd.jpg

Xmral3K.jpg

The Order -
Grenademan/Frostman/Tenguman/Clownman/Aquaman/Swordman/Searchman/Astroman

3pYAmAr.jpg

prez8t4.png

Megaman 9 Wiki said:
"It is the year 20XX. Since Dr. Wily's last defeat, the Blue Bomber has seen peace return.

Just when people forgot all about Dr. Wily, robots all over the world began going crazy. It soon became apparent that these robots were those created by Dr. Light. As phone calls came pouring into Light Labs, Dr. Wily interrupted all television programs to announce that these robotic riots were not his doing. He then continued to show video evidence that proved Dr. Light's involvement in the recent violent outbreaks.

To make matters worse, Wily gave the account number to his personal bank account and announced that he would accept donations to build his own robot army to counter that of Light's. Mega Man quickly volunteered to clear Light's name and was sent out to investigate the source of the problem."
zMBRdco.jpg

jwsSLhs.jpg

The Order -
Splashwoman/Concreteman/Galaxyman/Jewelman/Plugman/Tornadoman/Magmaman/Hornetman

IKrQcus.jpg

PBe8Xnh.png

Megaman 10 said:
”A new robot illness, Roboenza, has begun to spread rapidly throughout the world, causing robots to malfunction. Many humans find it impossible to complete even simple tasks without their robot helpers; and without robot assistance, no one can develop a proper cure. A month following the outbreak, the situation worsens. The infected robots turn violent and attempt to take over the world!"
iLgywhW.jpg

tOJmoal.jpg

The Order -
Sheepman/Pumpman/Solarman/Chillman/Nitroman/Commandoman/Blademan/Strikeman
Opo2VRB.png

PS4 Trophies:

The Fateful Showdown!
Prove yourself stronger than Bass and complete Mega Man 7.

Metal Heroes
Eliminate the Evil Energy and complete Mega Man 8.

The Ambition Resurges!
Liberate Dr. Light and complete Mega Man 9.

The Ambition Resurges! Proto Man
Use Proto Man to liberate Dr. Light and complete Mega Man 9.

The Threat from Space!
Cure the Roboenza and complete Mega Man 10.

The Threat from Space! Proto Man
Use Proto Man to cure the Roboenza and complete Mega Man 10.

The Threat from Space! Bass
Use Bass to cure the Roboenza and complete Mega Man 10.

Bronze x1
Earn 1 bronze medal by completing a challenge.

Bronze x10
Earn 10 bronze medals by completing challenges.

Bronze x25
Earn 25 bronze medals by completing challenges.

Silver x1
Earn 1 silver medal by completing a challenge.

Silver x10
Earn 10 silver medals by completing challenges.

Silver x25
Earn 25 silver medals by completing challenges.

Gold x1
Earn 1 gold medal by completing a challenge.

Gold x10
Earn 10 gold medals by completing challenges.

Gold x25
Earn 25 gold medals by completing challenges.

Gold x50
Earn 50 gold medals by completing challenges.

Bring Them All On! (Mega Man 7)
Complete the "BOSS RUSH" challenge (Mega Man 7).

Bring Them All On! (Mega Man 8)
Complete the "BOSS RUSH" challenge (Mega Man 8).

Bring Them All On! (Mega Man 9)
Complete the "BOSS RUSH" challenge (Mega Man 9).

Bring Them All On! (Mega Man 10)
Complete the "BOSS RUSH" challenge (Mega Man 10).

Xbox Live/Steam Achievements: TBA
AWI5FP8.png

Announce Trailer
Megaman 7 Recap
Megaman 8 Recap
Megaman 9 Recap
Megaman 10 Recap
64C7rt8.png

TBA
4EqerMM.png

Inafking
Protodude's Rockman Corner
Megaman Network
Capcom Unity
The Mega Man Homepage
Megaman Knowledge Base Wiki
and all the fans that bitched and groaned until Capcom made another Megaman game!
GR6rk6v.png

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Still pissed about no Rockman & Forte. Cheap-ass collection (that I'll be buying ._.)

Pre-ordered! I love the franchise and I've been looking for multiple ways to play 8 again. Hopefully, they will throw an X and Legends collection down the road. I want all MegaMan games on a single platform.

1upsuper

Still pissed about no Rockman & Forte. Cheap-ass collection (that I'll be buying ._.)

Pretty much! I was thinking of passing on this for now since I've played 7-10 a ton and don't need more versions, but that theme...

I do miss the days of Mega Man collections having unusual but awesome inclusions.

Also, great OT. You put the Roll in Rock and Roll.

Oh shit, I thought this was months away. Well, between this and Sonic Mania next week, I'm going to treat myself to a nice retro birthday.

Shame about the lack of Saturn features in MM8. Not even a toggle for switching to the Saturn Tengu Man music? Or even including the Saturn Tengu Man music as a Sound Test track?

That said, I have a digital copy of MMLC1 on 3DS, and wouldn't mind picking up the new compilation, though all I have of the targeted platforms is a PC....

MrMephistoX

Pretty much! I was thinking of passing on this for now since I've played 7-10 a ton and don't need more versions, but that theme...

I do miss the days of Mega Man collections having unusual but awesome inclusions.

Also, great OT. You put the Roll in Rock and Roll.

Hate to say it but I am going to play it on my SNES classic the minute it's hacked: still buying this though obviously.

Hate to say it but I am going to play it on my SNES classic the minute it's hacked: still buying this though obviously.

It meaning Mega Man 7, Mega Man Soccer, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, or Rockman and Forte?

Ah, I see you were really talking about the prior quote about R&F, now.

SephLuis

How are these games seen by the Megaman Community ? Good ? Bad ?

I used to play the X games and forward, not much of the classics ones.

Kanhir

Am I right to feel cheated that there's only 4 games here, or is the content enough that it matches up with 1-6?

9 is amazing, I personally loved 10 as well but that's more decisive. I liked 7 but it's got it's share of issues and personally don't care for much of 8s level design but do love he music and boss battles. Then again I'm one of those we fans that feels that classic mega man was best on the Nes, so when capcom reverted to the mm2 template for 9 and 10 I was over the moon.

That trophy list was expected, but disappointing at the same time. No plat (expected) and no originality at all, unless the challenges are very well designed (here's hoping). I'll probably do vids for them all like I did in the last collection when I get the game tomorrow.

Willenium

I thought for sure that I beat MM8... Went through 2 different JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE stages, even... But I don't remember those top 2 and bottom 2 characters/stages on the right side at all. What is going on here?

1upsuper

IMO 7 and 8 are middle of the road as far as the Classic games go. Frankly I'm dissatisfied with calling them "classic" MM titles but it's convention at this point. I'd put them above 4 and 5 but below 1-3, 6, and 9-10. 9 and 10 on the other hand are excellent -- particularly 9.

I thought for sure that I beat MM8... Went through 2 different JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE stages, even... But I don't remember those top 2 and bottom 2 characters/stages on the right side at all. What is going on here?

Wait a minute.

WTF is going on with those images? Who are all those RMs? Where's Astro Man?

Edit: Crisis averted.

Velcro Fly

Got this for very cheap on Prime Day. Have never played any of the games so it will be an all new experience for me. Really looking forward to it too.

Eylos

Banned
Mm8 is one game of my childhood that i played a lot, i like 7 too, the nes megamans i find too hard

Berordn

Somebody made a fake stage select using the battle network versions of those characters.

It snuck into the OP it seems...

The fifth one Capcom is saving as a surprise! Keep in mind,

Not a secret anymore.

DFyqFNDWAAE6sWC.jpg

I can't believe the preload/preorder is not up in the European PSN store, Mega Man European fans always treated like crap.

You can preload the game already in the USA, almost 5 gigas on PS4.

Feel like they could have padded out the collection with games a little better. Working in the arcade games would've been huge.

Berordn

Feel like they could have padded out the collection with games a little better. Working in the arcade games would've been huge.

While I think it's still a fairly solid collection (and the first time you can get 9 and 10 on PC), those and &Bass would've really sealed the deal.

Somebody made a fake stage select using the battle network versions of those characters.

It snuck into the OP it seems...

Shit! Sorry, all! I'll fix it ASAP when I get a chance. My bad

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Famitsu gave this game a 29/40 though.

Decider

Is there an official statement on why Capcom decided to do this in-house instead of using Digital Eclipse again?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is there an official statement on why Capcom decided to do this in-house instead of using Digital Eclipse again?

Maybe it's because Digital Eclipse's engine only does NES ports (see MMLC1 and Disney Afternoon Collection) and these games are from different platforms, namely SNES/PS1/PS360?

Servbot24

Banned
I feel like I've already bought this a couple times in the past, and actually gotten all the games when I did. I'll have to pass until we get an actual full collection.

That said, these games are really great and I hope they find their way into the hands of new gamers.

Any word on how good or bad the emulation is? I don't know how to feel about Digital Eclipse not having anything to do with this after making MMLC1 and The Disney Afternoon which I think rhwy did a good job at.

Gotta wait for the inevitable X collection.

Ah, remember when there was going to be a cool Mega Man X Collection with a whole bunch of improvements and added features?

Then Capcom (apparently, Inafune) decided they should save those for the Maverick Hunter X series, and made them take it out?

Then Maverick Hunter X flopped with the first release, so we just never got them, at all?

I can't imagine why I don't have blind trust in this.

KaYotiX

Banned
Sucker for old mega man games.....will prolly buy like the first collection. I do want those X games though damn it!

RockmanBN

Does the theme come with music or special sound effects? Might get digital on Ps4 and on another console if released later.

ZeoVGM

Banned
All four of these games are fantastic.

But I have to echo what I've seen a couple others say. While it feels as if love has been put into the game that is being released, I can't help but feel like it's not a full effort. This was the perfect opportunity to finally bring the SNES version of Mega Man & Bass over to America and they missed that chance.

It's really disappointing that the game isn't in there.

And to be honest, it still bothers me that they split the series into two collections. I would have been able to accept that more if this had MM&Bass but it doesn't. In my opinion, the original game should have been a full classic collection and the game releasing now would be a full X collection.

I admit I'm part of the problem though. I'm getting it at launch just because I want Capcom to see that we want more Mega Man.

(Also, it would have been awesome if we got the Saturn Mega Man 8 finally.)

Top Bottom