• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

Chuckie

I have finished 1-6 and enjoyed myself very much!
To be honest I have no idea which Megaman I liked the most. MM2 has always been my favorite but I hadn't played 4-6 back in the days.
MM3... I don't know... it was glitchy as fuck and I found myself not totally enjoying it.
MM4 was actually awesome and to my surprise, so was MM6!
I think I'd actually have to replay them to know which actually is my fave.

Also started the challenges, but I really think I am not good enough or persistent enough for those :(

Tizoc

Figures. :\

They couldn't even put Wily Wars in this thing. That alone would make this worth it.

Why put in the Genesis MM1-3 games with this compilation? The purpose of this compilation to contain the original 6 NES games.

It wasn't that they couldn't, it was that that has nothing to do with the goal behind this compilation release, especially when this compilation contains 8-bit graphic NES games.

If they're working on a patch it just isn't ready yet.

KingBroly

Banned
Why put in the Genesis MM1-3 games with this compilation? The purpose of this compilation to contain the original 6 NES games.

It wasn't that they couldn't, it was that that has nothing to do with the goal behind this compilation release, especially when this compilation contains 8-bit graphic NES games.

If they're working on a patch it just isn't ready yet.

Because Wily Wars is MM1-3 with a tiny bit of extra content. It just gives players the option to play it 2 different ways.

They said they were working on a patch 2 weeks ago and they've said nothing since then, which makes me think they've abandoned it for some other project. These fixes should not have taken this long.

Tizoc

Because Wily Wars is MM1-3 with a tiny bit of extra content. It just gives players the option to play it 2 different ways.

They said they were working on a patch 2 weeks ago and they've said nothing since then, which makes me think they've abandoned it for some other project. These fixes should not have taken this long.

What other projects are they working on? Maybe the patch is in testing or QA.

Wily Wars were not on the NES, they were not 8-bit games.
Those games can be released as part of another compilation release.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I would be soooo happy if we got Megaman 7,9 and 10 as DLC, but not Megaman 8. Fuck 8.

Keep in mind that this is mostly a demonstration of their "Eclipse Engine" which is made for NES games. So we're more likely to see other Capcom NES games than non-NES Mega Man games (in fact, they were even asking what other Capcom NES games people wanted to see in their post on the PS blog).

JeanPi

Banned
Keep in mind that this is mostly a demonstration of their "Eclipse Engine" which is made for NES games. So we're more likely to see other Capcom NES games than non-NES Mega Man games (in fact, they were even asking what other Capcom NES games people wanted to see in their post on the PS blog).

Hmmm... I forgot about that. I really can't remember any other NES Capcom game besides Gargoyle's Quest, Duck Tales and Ghost 'n Goblins. Maybe Street Fighter 2000 something, but come on...

Demption

I have 15 dollars on my PSN wallet and i'm considering buying this or Shovel Knight. Which one do you recommend? Never played Megaman before.

KingBroly

Banned
Hmmm... I forgot about that. I really can't remember any other NES Capcom game besides Gargoyle's Quest, Duck Tales and Ghost 'n Goblins. Maybe Street Fighter 2000 something, but come on...

The Engine is nothing special. Don't buy into marketing BS.

Actually, Capcom said a patch would take some time, since DE is a small team . You were very active in this thread during that announcement. Maybe you just chose to selectively forget this detail, since you're already well invested in hating every aspect of this collection? Even though you bought it after being incredibly negative towards it, which I find rather funny...

You've been overly negative throughout this thread. We get it. You hate this compilation. That's totally fine. I'm disappointed in aspects of it as well. But if you really do have such disdain for this collection.....maybe post somewhere else for a bit? This thread has basically been ruined by you and a few others.

Edit - I'm not going to edit my above post, as it's sincere, but I do apologize if it comes across as me being an asshole. This thread has just really frustrated me. That being said, you have a right to be disapponted in this game. I think I'll just stop posting in this particular thread for awhile.

Tizoc

I have 15 dollars on my PSN wallet and i'm considering buying this or Shovel Knight. Which one do you recommend? Never played Megaman before.

Both :p If anything I'd say Shovel Knight is easier game of the two options.
If you want 6 classic action platformers grab Megaman Legacy.

Actually with Shovel Knight getting an expansion next week, best to wait til then and see if the base game goes on sale.

BONKERS

Figures. :\

They couldn't even put Wily Wars in this thing. That alone would make this worth it.

If they DID. With the whole "Accuracy" schtick it'd be unbearably slow thanks to the ridiculous slowdown in TWW D: That'd be terrible.

Also: You know looking at it now. It seems they actually got the PAR fairly close to perfect in Original Mode. http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/142201
Aside from what seems to be a half pixel offset making everything look off in a very subtle way.
MMLCscreensMM2MetalM.png

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Rescue Rangers 1/2, Little Nemo, Darkwing Duck, Mighty Final Fight, GI Joe 1/2, Gunsmoke, Cpt. Commando, Little Mermaid, Willow, Talespin, Yo Noid, Codename:Viper, Mickey Mousecapade, Adventures in Magic Kingdom, Commando, Section Z...and some others not off the top of my head just to add.

Tizoc

Rescue Rangers 1/2, Little Nemo, Darkwing Duck, Mighty Final Fight, GI Joe 1/2, Gunsmoke, Cpt. Commando, Little Mermaid, Willow, Talespin, Yo Noid, Codename:Viper, Mickey Mousecapade, Adventures in Magic Kingdom, Commando, Section Z...and some others not off the top of my head just to add.
!!!!!!!
What if
disney nes collection
I mean its very unlikely but u never know :p

KingBroly

Banned
_Remastered (like Ducktales) is more predictable, lmao

And that would be disappointing since Duck Tales Remastered wasn't faithful to the original AT ALL in terms of design. Instead of an adventure game it was just a straight up platformer where everything was required. They even took out the alternate endings.

danielcw

It, like the final boss, were anti cheat device roadblocks, where if you have infinite life energy but not weapon energy, you'd run out of Crash Bomb or Bubble Lead and the boss would be unable to kill you, forcing you to quit the game.

If you died on that boss, you could respawn at a checkpoint, and come back to it, with the walls down at least.

I doubt that. If you could cheat, you could also cheat amunition.
And if you wanted to fight typical cheating devices like action replay, there were probably better methods.

Well, apart from some artistic choices, Shovel Knight is still a modern game, without archaic things like live counters. It is also getting its first free expansion next week.

I do not know, which systems you also own, but there may be better options for you to try Megaman. And even if you want this collection, you might wanna wait for patches.

I finally figured out which Mega Man games to buy for my collection.

The Legacy 1-6 Collection (8-bit charm to the max)
Mega Man 9-10 (purchased as a combo for cheap)
Mega Man X (likely the best one of them all)
Mighty No. 9 (the logical and spiritual next step to me)

Sure there are others that looked decent, I almost added X2 to X5 and the Zero Collection. Yet I kinda feel that would be overdose. Not to mention that I don't want to go into cheesy voice acting territory, declining weirdness, and Zero's super hard gameplay. I'd rather miss a good game or two than suffer too many bad sequels. And I find the 8-Bit games hold a certain charm that the later Mega Man games lacked. I'm sure someone will post "Add X4" or "Add X5" nontheless. I've watched the videos on YouTube. X4 has mood destroying dialog, "haaa" and "heeh" sounds with every jump / pellet fired. X5 just seems weird with too many changes. Mighty No. 9 looks like the right kind of changes to me. All my opinion of course. I didn't play them all.

leroidys

I've been going through a different mm game every weekend. Two weeks ago was 5, which was ok, last week was 10, which is incredible and has vaulted up my personal rankings to 2nd or 3rd.

This week it was 7. I don't even know where to start. Game is just pure garbage, like 4/10.

Ryck

Finally putting serious time into the challenges. Today my nephew coached me through this Mecha Dragon challenge and I ended up getting #14 on the Leaderboards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdHWzabiro

Im gonna keep trying till I break into the 12 second range. My initial burst before stepping onto the bottom block is what is holding me back at the moment.

leroidys

So...the 3DS version of this is going to have 10 additional Challenges that are unlocked by using the Mega Man amiibo...designed by fans.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/14/mega-man-legacy-collection-challenge-contest

There are so many shitty things about this.

If this is the only extra thing that the 3DS version gets, yeah that's pretty shitty to charge double the price and lock it behind physical DLC.

If it's just a small bonus in addition to whatever the 3DS version comes with, I'm ok with it.

Piccoro

Finally putting serious time into the challenges. Today my nephew coached me through this Mecha Dragon challenge and I ended up getting #14 on the Leaderboards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdHWzabiro

Im gonna keep trying till I break into the 12 second range. My initial burst before stepping onto the bottom block is what is holding me back at the moment.

How is the normal weapon killing the Dragon so fast??
I thought you had to use the Boomerang weapon?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
First time to actually finish and play Mega Man games (thanks to save states, don't kill me!). I've complete 1-4 and now almost done with 5. I'm now a MM lover (though I loved MML beforehand).

Wish Digital Eclipse will do more NES ports in the future like Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania.

From what I've played:

1 - The original. Really hard.
2 - This is probably the best Mega Man game I've played, well balanced and it's now easy compared to 1.
3 - It's alright, not the best but still a great game. The bosses are starting become weird though. Gemini Man's stage didn't make sense.
4 - Not my most favorite. It's OK but the stages are weird.
5 - Much better than 4 and the stages are interesting like Gravity Man and Star Man's stages.

G-Fex

Honestly what the fuck is with Gemini man's stage. Why does it have crystals and like..aliens or eggs or some shit?

Even Top man?

Especially Top Man...

All joking aside, I wanted to ask here (since it was hinted that the devs were watching this thread for bugs info):

For the physical release listed for this winter, what would you want to see to warrant a second (or for many of you, a first) purchase.

I'll try first:

-steel book first printing
-full color manual
-second set of trophies w/added Platinum trophy (a la the physical release of Back to the Future or the X360 of Arkham Asylum and its GOTY edition)
-ditto for the Japanese release (maybe a combo pack, allowing us to have both?)
-(fat chance) but full 3D support for the 3DS version (just like the MM2 tech demo at E3 2010)
-(even fatter chance but additional games (like Megaman Soccer or the GB Megaman World games...)

I have no interest in a steelbook but I like your other ideas. A full color manual is pretty much a must and if it's going to cost $30, they really should find a way to put a couple extra games in the package.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, I'm a fan on what Digital Foundry has done. I really loved the MM collection here.

I wish they'll do other NES ports of other games like the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy or Castlevania trilogy.

Is my game screwing up or does Mega Man 6 feel really unresponsive versus 1-5?

Are you having issues where you won't always jump when you press the jump button? I have the same problem, I still need to check my original copy of 6 to see if the odd delay is present on that as well. It doesn't always happen, just at certain points (such as fighting Yamato Man).

Top Bottom