• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

Are you having issues where you won't always jump when you press the jump button? I have the same problem, I still need to check my original copy of 6 to see if the odd delay is present on that as well. It doesn't always happen, just at certain points (such as fighting Yamato Man).

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. It's really throwing me off in Plant Man's level but I eventually powered through it. It's weird as I've had no delay issues at all on 1-5.

sörine

Banned
If this is the only extra thing that the 3DS version gets, yeah that's pretty shitty to charge double the price and lock it behind physical DLC.

If it's just a small bonus in addition to whatever the 3DS version comes with, I'm ok with it.
3DS version needs 3D display or they shouldn't bother.

Maaaan...can I vent for a while? Because the MM4 boss rush challenge (the one in the Legacy Collection, not the in-game boss rush at the end of the game) is some major bullshit, mostly because so many of the robot masters in MM4 was just shoddily designed shit. I've been playing MM4 since the NES days and I never quite understood why so many people MM4 was the worst original-series game until now. Holy shit.

First of all, a universal problem with MM4 in general: that incredibly annoying moment at the beginning of each battle where the boss's meter fills up EXTREMELY slowly. I always thought it a weird design decision, presumably a very misguided attempt at a DRAMATIQUE Pause at the beginning of each battle, but when translated to the terms that the Collection wants this becomes a major problem. Not only does this mean you're looking at probably 1-2 minutes of just straight watching a meter fill up while you do nothing (what is this, a Ubisoft game?
*rimshot*
) cumulatively across all 8 bosses, you also lose a metric shitton of time if you die in the middle of the boss rush. Because not only are you seeing one agonizingly slow meter fill up in that boss, you've gotta sit through two of them now! That alone makes this the worst boss rush challenge of the series, but that's just the beginning.

I've known and loved all the robot masters from all the games, but now I genuinely hate several of the ones from MM4. Let's take a look why:

1. Pharaoh Man.
This fucker. His weakness is being completely immobilized while you whittle away at his health one unit at a time. What a crock of shit. I never use the rapid fire button in this collection because I think it's "cheating" (really not how the games were designed), but I HAVE to use it for Pharaoh Man because otherwise my finger would fall off with all the tries I've put in to complete this Challenge. The fight takes 30 seconds, life-meter-fill-up included, and all you do is run up to Pharaoh Man, hold Triangle (or Y on XB1) and look at your phone for the next 30 seconds. You do this every. Single. Time. that you try this challenge. This is functionally no different from giving you a 30 second load screen with one less boss, because that's how much gameplay you get here.

Actually, I lied. By combining this, the "on to the next section of the challenge" space animation, and the slow-as-fuck meter fill of the next boss, you're looking at easily 40+ seconds of doing nothing every single time you do try this challenge. Yaaay fun.

2. Drill Man.
This fucker. I hate him with a passion. Moreso than Pharaoh Man. At least with Pharaoh you don't do anything. With Drill Man you waste another 5+ seconds at the beginning of each and every time you battle while while he burrows and derps around underground. (that's like 45+ seconds of doing nothing each time you start the challenge, BTW). If his AI decides to burrow he becomes invincible, immune even to Dive Man's missile. It's a complete waste of time, because it's easy as fuck to dodge him and you literally cannot do anything to damage him. The entire fight comes to a screeching halt.

Then he comes up and he has a random chance of doing it again. He can keep doing this for an indefinite amount of times. To my knowledge there is no AI exploit that prevents him from doing this. I've found that I've had better luck if I DON'T hit him as soon as he comes up, because he has a pause after he comes up where I guess the AI "decides" what to do, and I've found he burrows like a fucker if you hurt him at any point during this pause. However, I've also found that he can burrow even without having hit him.

He also bum rushes you (a ton of damage if he touches you) while spamming the drills (quite a bit of damage if those touch you, and a prolonged explosion that hurts you). However, those are more in line with the rest of the robot masters from the other games in the series so I can let that slide. The biggest fuck up with Drill Man is his incredibly annoying burrowing since you literally cannot do a single thing to damage him or prevent him from doing so.

So imagine a boss fight that lasts either 30 seconds or 3 minutes, all depending on whether the game feels like having Drill Man burrow underground for the 20th time in one fight.

3. Bright Man.
This fucker. I can't decide if I hate Bright or Drill more. Bright requires 1) absolutely no skill to beat) and 2) complete luck if you want to beat him quickly. His weakness is the Toad rain, which always does the same amount of damage and always requires a loooong interval before you can hurt him again. This means even at best-case-scenario you're still looking at a very low skill ceiling or "speed" ceiling to beat him. You cannot do anything to speed up the process of killing him. But Bright Man's biggest problem is easily his annoying piece of shit stun move. It's not only completely random, but you also can't do anything to prevent it, can't do anything to avoid it, and whenever he does it you have three amazing outcomes: 1) get hit by one of his projectiles. This means he gets a free hit on you and you annoyingly lose health through no fault of your own, but at the very least you stop being stunned. 2) you have to wait out his incredibly long stun period, which much like Drill Man, grinds the battle to a complete halt while you wait literally doing nothing. 3) Get hit by him jumping into you. That last one is assholery personified into 8-bit. Whether he decides to jump toward you or not is completely random, and if he does he does some bullshit-ass damage, completely killing your chance to survive through the Boss Rush in one life. Did I mention all of this is completely random? Yes I did, and I'll repeat it because it being completely random is completely bullshit.

You can come into this fight with full health and leave with 1/4th left, through no fault of your own, depending on whether the game feels like having Bright Man do his stun move 10 times in one fight. You can also die in the middle of the battle for this reason along, again through no fault of your own.

4. Dust Man.
This fucker. Much like Drill Man, and much like Bright Man, this guy also has a bullshit move that grinds the fight to a halt while you wait for his shitty move to complete its cycle, this time a Magnet-Man-style suck-you-into-his-face-while-you-run-away-for-a-few-seconds move. The problem is that, yet again, it's completely random. I originally thought that if you timed your hitting right that you would cause Dust Man to jump immediately after hitting him with the Ring weapon, which is his weakness, but I quickly realized after several tries that no, it's completely random whether he throws trash at you, jumps, or vacuums. Much like Drill Man's assholery, Dust can also perform this move multiple times in a row. Sometimes he doesn't do it at all. Sometimes he literally does it 3-4 times in a row.

5. Ring Man.
This...guy isn't so bad. The problem here is that he does a ton of damage and his movement + projectiles are tricky to dodge, but it's definitely doable. This guy's AI design is *GASP* halfway decent! He can die faster if you're better at dodging! He can die faster if you're better at throwing and timing your jumps! You can actually affect how fast this fight is over! Hooray!! This guy actually behaves like a Mega Man boss instead of Bullshit NES Boss From Licensed Game #34,291 like the previous four fuckers I just talked about!

6. Dive Man.
I like him. This guy's a glass cannon, because while he does heavy damage he can also take heavy damage. All you need to do is be able to skillfully position yourself close enough to him to get him hit by the Skull shield, but far away that he doesn't hit you. Much like Ring Man, Dive is an actual Mega Man boss instead of bullshit boss.

7. Toad Man.
A weak MM boss, but a MM boss nonetheless. If you time it right he keeps trying to bellydance to summon rain, so you can control how he behaves (SAY IT AIN'T SO!!) if you know what you're doing. He does a little more damage than I think is fair but w/e, if you know his pattern you shouldn't get hit at all.

8. Skull Man.
He's also all right. Does some damage but you can avoid his attacks and make the fight go faster if you're skilled enough.

So not every boss is shit. In fact, half range from OK to good. But Pharaoh? Dust? Drill? Bright? Fuck them. Fuck them hard. And fuck Cossack for making them. They're shit, have zero design sensibility put into them, and the worst part is the Legacy Collection Boss Rush challenge requires you do these in a row. It's infuriating shit through and through. What's worse is that the MM4 Mega Mix puts in Pharaoh Man and Dust Man in the mix as well, so even though the Boss Rush you only have to do each boss, with the Mega Mix you also have to do the platforming challenges AND be at the mercy of this bullshit every single time you try it. Oh my god I hate those robot masters.

Anyway....OK...I'm done...

You can actually prevent Bright Man's freeze attack. When the fight starts, shoot him once with a normal buster shot causing 1 damage, then switch to Rain Flush. Its not actually random, he will always use the Flash Stopper move when his health bar hits certain points, and by damaging him once with the buster shot you basically prevent his AI from ever using it.

He does suck though, MM4 bosses as a whole do insane damage if they land on you, Bright and Drill especially. I got pretty good with Drill in the end - assuming he doesn't abuse his teleport move he'll most likely jump toward you - slide under him then jump over his drill, when you land jump over Drill Man as he runs toward you and shoots his second drill, when you land jump once more to dodge drill 3 etc. His attacks come really, really fast so your timing needs to be impeccable in order to avoid damage.

I ended up having more issues with Ring Man, he just seemed legitimately dangerous with his attacks, rather than relying on some silly invincible tactic. He's probably my favourite fight bar Skull Man though once you get his timings down.

You can actually prevent Bright Man's freeze attack. When the fight starts, shoot him once with a normal buster shot causing 1 damage, then switch to Rain Flush. Its not actually random, he will always use the Flash Stopper move when his health bar hits certain points, and by damaging him once with the buster shot you basically prevent his AI from ever using it.

He does suck though, MM4 bosses as a whole do insane damage if they land on you, Bright and Drill especially. I got pretty good with Drill in the end - assuming he doesn't abuse his teleport move he'll most likely jump toward you - slide under him then jump over his drill, when you land jump over Drill Man as he runs toward you and shoots his second drill, when you land jump once more to dodge drill 3 etc. His attacks come really, really fast so your timing needs to be impeccable in order to avoid damage.

I ended up having more issues with Ring Man, he just seemed legitimately dangerous with his attacks, rather than relying on some silly invincible tactic. He's probably my favourite fight bar Skull Man though once you get his timings down.

Oh wow, I had no idea that's how that worked for Bright. I did see the top guy in the leaderboard do exactly that (hit Bright once with the P buster), but since that was so...random I didn't think anything of it (every other exploit shown in every other challenge replay I could understand fully by seeing it). That should definitely remove a lot of frustration from future tries, because every time he did the stun move I groaned audibly.

Any quirks like that with Drill? #1 in Leaderboard Guy didn't have Drill burrowing every other second, which most definitely helps with the damage I take and the total fight time. I guess I oughta hit Google since the games are so old by now. But I'm really unpleasantly surprised that this boss rush challenge has really opened my eyes to how shitty the MM4 robot masters are. I mean I thought MM1's were the worst but hoo boy.

Ring Man is decent. A long time ago I used to do P-buster-only runs and I figured Ring Man out somewhat quickly. I get a ton of damage done to me now, though, because I'm not used to using his weakness (e.g., having to charge Pharaoh Man's Cinnabun) and I'm usually pretty pissed off by that point in the challenge tbh. I really need to start using the practice mode on just one boss first instead of doing full runs each time.

I still have to laugh at whatever bastard at Digital Eclipse put Pharaoh Man in the middle of the MM4 Mega Mix. Of all the robot masters in that game, you had to pick Pharaoh Man

k855sLR.gif

KingBroly

Banned
I don't think the Challenges are well thought out or well put together. When you're rushing against the clock and every moment out of your control ends up costing you time you hate what's going on. It doesn't seem like there's much consistency when it comes to the philosophy behind getting the best times either, as some require you to use exploits while some you don't.

I bet people don't know that when Drill Man has 1 health and drills underground you're supposed to kill him with Rain Flush, since it hurts him underground. It's not an exploit, but MM4 has tons of stupid quirks like that.

Oh wow, I had no idea that's how that worked for Bright. I did see the top guy in the leaderboard do exactly that (hit Bright once with the P buster), but since that was so...random I didn't think anything of it (every other exploit shown in every other challenge replay I could understand fully by seeing it). That should definitely remove a lot of frustration from future tries, because every time he did the stun move I groaned audibly.

Any quirks like that with Drill? #1 in Leaderboard Guy didn't have Drill burrowing every other second, which most definitely helps with the damage I take and the total fight time. I guess I oughta hit Google since the games are so old by now. But I'm really unpleasantly surprised that this boss rush challenge has really opened my eyes to how shitty the MM4 robot masters are. I mean I thought MM1's were the worst but hoo boy.

Ring Man is decent. A long time ago I used to do P-buster-only runs and I figured Ring Man out somewhat quickly. I get a ton of damage done to me now, though, because I'm not used to using his weakness (e.g., having to charge Pharaoh Man's Cinnabun) and I'm usually pretty pissed off by that point in the challenge tbh. I really need to start using the practice mode on just one boss first instead of doing full runs each time.

I still have to laugh at whatever bastard at Digital Eclipse put Pharaoh Man in the middle of the MM4 Mega Mix. Of all the robot masters in that game, you had to pick Pharaoh Man

k855sLR.gif

No clue about Drill Man I'm afraid. I just got lucky and got his pattern down to a "t" to beat him.

I don't think the Challenges are well thought out or well put together. When you're rushing against the clock and every moment out of your control ends up costing you time you hate what's going on. It doesn't seem like there's much consistency when it comes to the philosophy behind getting the best times either, as some require you to use exploits while some you don't.

I bet people don't know that when Drill Man has 1 health and drills underground you're supposed to kill him with Rain Flush, since it hurts him underground. It's not an exploit, but MM4 has tons of stupid quirks like that.

Yeah they're kinda lazily put together, and the seizure-inducing transition flashes are really aggravating if you're trying challenges for some time. Why not make MM's sprite flicker instead of the entire screen?

However, I'm surprised at how much I love doing them. I've never played any of the games in speed-run-style like the challenges have you do, and I find it really fun when challenges take you across levels and essentially stitch together new levels out of existing ones. I feel like if they could refine the concept, be really careful about which platforming segments and bosses they pick, enhance the transitions, and just polish them more in general they could create a really fun new metagame. I really like seeing the leaderboard replays and finding all kinds of weird shit in them. I never knew the Friender in MM2 dies in 1 hit from the Leaf Shield. Really quirky, because you can't replay the stages in MM2 and he doesn't appear in the Wily Stages, meaning they programmed in a weakness to him that literally never came up during normal play. And now it rears its head into this collection because DE's save states have all the weapons. I love that!

But yes, like you said, they need to be consistent. Look at the Mega Man 2 Mix challenges and then look at the Mega Man 5 mix challenges. Especially MM5 Mix 1. A bunch of the sections were literally the beginning segment of the stages, even if the same stages had much better platforming in the middle/end. I died twice and messed up a shitton of times in that mix and still got Gold, whereas in the MM2 challenges I had to be absolutely perfect and really hone in the exploits and shortcuts to eke out the Gold. You can easily tell when they didn't give a fuck about certain games. Most attention was put into MM2 whereas I feel like they could've made some really fun MM4-6 challenges.

Thanks for the 1-health tip on Drill Man! For me he always burrowed when he had 1-health so that should knock off a few seconds.

No clue about Drill Man I'm afraid. I just got lucky and got his pattern down to a "t" to beat him.

That's OK :). I'll try them again now that I know Bright Man's AI quirk. Pharaoh's annoying but at least there's no chance for screw-ups. I was really hating how Bright Man could randomly take out so much of my health.

Yeah they're kinda lazily put together, and the seizure-inducing transition flashes are really aggravating if you're trying challenges for some time. Why not make MM's sprite flicker instead of the entire screen?

However, I'm surprised at how much I love doing them. I've never played any of the games in speed-run-style like the challenges have you do, and I find it really fun when challenges take you across levels and essentially stitch together new levels out of existing ones. I feel like if they could refine the concept, be really careful about which platforming segments and bosses they pick, enhance the transitions, and just polish them more in general they could create a really fun new metagame.

But yes, like you said, they need to be consistent. Look at the Mega Man 2 Mix challenges and then look at the Mega Man 5 mix challenges. Especially MM5 Mix 1. A bunch of the sections were literally the beginning segment of the stages, even if the same stages had much better platforming in the middle/end. I died twice and messed up a shitton of times in that mix and still got Gold, whereas in the MM2 challenges I had to be absolutely perfect and really hone in the exploits and shortcuts to eke out the Gold. You can easily tell when they didn't give a fuck about certain games. Most attention was put into MM2 whereas I feel like they could've made some really fun MM4-6 challenges.

Thanks for the 1-health tip on Drill Man! For me he always burrowed when he had 1-health so that should knock off a few seconds.

That's OK :). I'll try them again now that I know Bright Man's AI quirk. Pharaoh's annoying but at least there's no chance for screw-ups. I was really hating how Bright Man could randomly take out so much of my health.

I think it had something more to do with putting those portals in places where you couldn't avoid them.

the collection on gamecube was better IMHO.
includes 2 arcade megaman plus megaman 7 and megaman 8.
Besides the classic 1-6.

Well. a perfect collection should include megaman and bass, megaman 9 and megaman 10.

G-Fex

I'm pretty sure anniversary collection doesn't include 8.

Anyway, seeing Sinisterwon play through 4, it just looks too difficult and pretty un-fun.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
At the least, I really wish they had included 9 and 10 in this collection since they still look like NES games.

...I want 9 and 10 on PC badly (not just through emulation).

Got that Gold in the MM4 boss rush challenge! Woo!

(really not looking forward to the all-boss-rush challenge, and REALLY not looking forward to the all-boss-rush-no-weapons challenge)

Besides the classic 1-6.

Well. a perfect collection should include megaman and bass, megaman 9 and megaman 10.

It's not about what games it includes, it's about how well they're emulated.

This is hands down the best rendition of the games on consoles, unless you care a super super whole lot about square pixels. The only real glaring problem is the crackling audio that freaks out for a few seconds when you start a game sometimes. PC is kinda shitty if you don't have a 1080p screen, though.

The emulation on the Anniversary Collection was considerably worse.

KingBroly

Banned
Got that Gold in the MM4 boss rush challenge! Woo!

(really not looking forward to the all-boss-rush challenge, and REALLY not looking forward to the all-boss-rush-no-weapons challenge)

It's not about what games it includes, it's about how well they're emulated.

This is hands down the best rendition of the games on consoles, unless you care a super super whole lot about square pixels. The only real glaring problem is the crackling audio that freaks out for a few seconds when you start a game sometimes. PC is kinda shitty if you don't have a 1080p screen, though.

The emulation on the Anniversary Collection was considerably worse.

Audio issues and input lag. Not to mention the PC version has a quite a few crash issues. Oh and the PC version doesn't allow you to set a rendering resolution natively, but instead has you stretch the window. It's headache inducing sometimes.

Noob Fu

I bought this game on PS4 and I dont even like Mega Man. I bought it for the sole reason I want more of this style of collections to come out. Putting my money in hopefully future releases of classic titles.

Audio issues and input lag. Not to mention the PC version has a quite a few crash issues. Oh and the PC version doesn't allow you to set a rendering resolution natively, but instead has you stretch the window. It's headache inducing sometimes.

Eh, input lag has been controversial but it's not a deal breaker by any means. I'm running through all the challenges, some of which require pixel-perfect accuracy that I've never had to do before, and I'm more than used to the input lag. If you have a CRT and the original NES carts then yes you'll find it distracting, but for everyone else with wireless bluetooth controllers and HDTVs that bring in their own hardware lag, you're already dealing with input lag that your brain is used to by now. The game does have input lag, don't get me wrong, but it's not outrageously bad.

But seriously they need to fix that audio. Has DE said anything about an update? It's been a while already with no patch at all.

PC version is fucked, though. Sad because this is the first and only official release of this series on PC. It's clear the collection was console-centric and just threw together the PC version at the end.

So uh, I just got the PC version and is it supposed to run like hot garbage to emulate the NES feel? I'm cool with them trying to recreate the experience, but there was massive slowdown in the one level from Mega Man 3 I tried to play. I switched over to my copy of Anniversary Collection on Dolphin and it ran as smooth as butter.

This would've been the first game I tried to refund, but I got my key from green man gaming so I think I'm screwed. I normally do my research before buying things, but for something as brain dead as an NES game collection it didn't seem necessary.

Regular MM3 has serious slowdown, and this collection replicates that.

It's shitty, but the rest of the collection handles it a lot better.

Yeah, Mega Man 3 ran pretty horribly on the NES. It's being replicated authentically in this collection.

I appreciate being able to play these games in their original form but I'm starting to wish they would have done a bit more work and given us the option to play better performing versions as well.

I'm also starting to get a bit annoyed about the lack of communication regarding a patch. The collection's been out for over a month. It's time to inform your customers how the progress on the patch is coming along and when we should expect it.

HOLY SHIT

My thumbs hurt.

I beat the whole thing. Beat every game and got Gold in every challenge. Would've got a Platinum Trophy if Sony wasn't a bunch of assholes regarding Plats in some downloadable games. Kinda salty I didn't get one after all that work, but whatever, I 100%ed it because I wanted to above everything.

I'm surprised how thirsty I was for some new challenge in the classic games. I've been playing these games for as long as I can remember and the last couple of times I played them I was like "well I think I got as much as I can out of all these games". But despite how hack-y the challenges felt it really breathed new life into them for me. Made me think about and play the games in ways I never thought of before. I learned new weaknesses and strategies for stages and bosses I never knew of and I just eventually mastered everything. I mean I guess I could've gotten into the speed running scene but I never really felt compelled to do so.

At any rate, the last few challenges (the no item boss runs) were not as bad as I thought they'd be. Pretty much all of them allowed multiple deaths and still gave you the Gold. The All Disappearing Blocks No Item got kinda tough but it wasn't that bad either. The All Boss Rush No Item was annoying because they kept throwing really annoying bosses at you and you had to beat them with the P buster only (Drill Man, Quick Man, Needle Man, Shadow Man, Skull Man), and the cap for Gold was 40 minutes, which I did hit by a few seconds and I had to do the entire thing all over again.

Oh and there's a SERIOUS problem with the save state they used for Top Man. It's bugged in that if I turned around fast to fire off a shot half the time the shot never fired, like some really bad input lag or something. Cost me a couple of deaths, and I didn't notice it in any other game or save state. Really weird.

Whew. I'm still reeling from all the Mega Manning I did the past few days. I think I played for five hours straight yesterday. It's a good think I finally hit the "end" because it was really starting to take over all my time lol.

You know I never did those challenges from Mega Man 10...

...oh no...

nbraun80

Didn't read all the thread just wanted to pop and say hi. Finally picked it up on X1, love it as usual and my fav. MM2 is still glorious as I remember. Only thing that bothered me was the challenge mode. I go into it see the MM2 dragon boss and think lets try that first, go through it, think that was an alright run, check leaderboards and its 12 seconds. Watch the replay and they're all just modded controllers BS. I loved and could compete for top spots on the MM10 time trials, but the fun of that is gone with this modded crap. Quite a shame they don't do anything about that.

Congrats to olives btw, sounds like some epic mega man action. :)

Didn't read all the thread just wanted to pop and say hi. Finally picked it up on X1, love it as usual and my fav. MM2 is still glorious as I remember. Only thing that bothered me was the challenge mode. I go into it see the MM2 dragon boss and think lets try that first, go through it, think that was an alright run, check leaderboards and its 12 seconds. Watch the replay and they're all just modded controllers BS. I loved and could compete for top spots on the MM10 time trials, but the fun of that is gone with this modded crap. Quite a shame they don't do anything about that.

Congrats to olives btw, sounds like some epic mega man action. :)

Thanks! I developed a serious addiction for those challenges in the end lol, which is funny because I wasn't even all that interested in them back when the collection was announced.

Regarding the top-leaderboard times, they're actually not using modded controllers. They added rapid-fire to every game (mapped to the Y button on XB1), which in my opinion was not a very good idea because as you said every leaderboard is full of people spamming it. I did actually use it when I was doing the MM4 Boss Rush only against Pharaoh Man because his weakness (Bright Man's flash thing) made you mash the P buster to chip away at his life. I needed auto-fire because otherwise my thumb would've fallen off after trying that challenge like 20 times.

There's also a bit of glitch exploiting if you look at some other top leaderboard times. I was never personally all that interested in placing high on the leaderboards (I always only shot for the Gold in each challenge), but I can easily see why pure MM fans would be disappointed with the inclusion of the rapid-fire because it screws with leaderboards too easily. You pretty much HAVE to use it if you want to get the top times (except in a few challenges that only involve platforming).

BONKERS

Besides the classic 1-6.

Except it isn't. In every way.

The things holding this collection back from being just perfect NES versions are various bugs and audio issues that haven't seem to have been patched yet.

THAT, and for whatever damn reason there is something wrong with their scaling in 1:1 mode. There is a half pixel offset or someshit that makes everything look slightly off.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=142201
(notice MM's eyes. They should be completely black with no tail off or anything. Like this comparison with an emulated shot)

They said fixes were coming at the end of Aug on Steam. Typical non-support from Capcom.

soooooo......about that patch....

As a vocal champion of this collection at launch, I'm pretty disappointed in the complete radio silence on the update we're supposed to be receiving. I really can't accept the issues this compilation has any longer. It's been over two months since release. The community deserves an explanation at this point.

Tizoc

soooooo......about that patch....

As a vocal champion of this collection at launch, I'm pretty disappointed in the complete radio silence on the supposed update we're supposed to be receiving. I really can't accept the issues this compilation has any longer. It's been over two months since release. The community deserves an explanation at this point.

The game runs fine for me but I get what you mean, maybe they're working on the 3DS retail ver. for now so when that's over they'll give an update on the patch.
Hey at least it isn't like SF3 OE's long overdue update patch :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished MM5, so onto MM6 I guess. I haven't had as much fun with 4 and 5 for some reason and almost don't want to play 6 except for completionist sake. I know it's not nostalgia, since my first mega man experience was the gamecube collection.

I don't think I like what the charge shot has done to the game. It feels like they basically made every enemy in the game requires multiple hits to kill, unless you use the charge shot, which ruins the flow of the game and makes special weapons worthless outside of boss battles.

I also wish all challenges were available from the start, instead of having to unlock them with challenges I don't really care for as much.

I'm still slightly bitter about no Mega Man Legacy Collection for the VIta. It'd have been a match made in heaven for me. Oh well, at least I got Super Meat Boy for the Vita this month, that was every bit as awesome as I'd hoped it'd be.

Gold Fucking Mega Man amiibo...

WHY!?

Yeah, it's odd.

And I pre-ordered it lol

Any idea if or when the Legacy Collection / Gold Amiibo bundle will go up for preorder?

Hopefully I didn't already miss out...

It was on Amazon but is currently sold out.

Edit - Available at GameStop They're charging $50 for some reason though.

Edit #2 - Oh wait, $50 is the MSRP. That's kind of ridiculous.

Shh...don't give them ideas...

Yeah, it would be a bad idea. My wallet would never forgive me having to go after all those damn Collectors Editions. On the other hand, I'm loving seeing Mega Man getting Collectors Editions again, any news on how to get the USA 3DS CE from Europe? I need to get one for my Collection.

Raitaro

Gold Fucking Mega Man amiibo...

WHY!?

Yeah, this move seems to be especially weird when there is no Wii U version, i.e. very mixed in its messaging. It's like they (Nintendo + Capcom) are supporting Mega Man on Nintendo platforms to the max on one hand (= 3DS, which now has exclusive content, a physical release and an exclusive amiibo) but not at all on the other (= Wii U, which is getting nothing save for the old virtual console releases), at least as far as this collection goes.

I definitely would have bought a physcial version for Wii U, regardless of the amiibo btw, but on 3DS the game holds little appeal for me even with the exclusive content. Bit of a shame.

I'm stoked about the 3DS physical release. I probably won't get the amiibo since my 3DS can't read them, but a gold Mega Man figure sounds kind of cool though.

Top Bottom