• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

I'm not terribly-afflicted by the cancellation. There are plenty other games out there worth my time at the moment. But the long-lasting effects of the whole cancellation incident are worth a reminder. This was the moment I honestly thought Capcom was starting to head down the drain. Whether that actually happens is up to debate, but Capcom, as a corporation, effectively gave the finger to its longest-lasting fan community.

I'm not terribly-afflicted by the cancellation. There are plenty other games out there worth my time at the moment. But the long-lasting effects of the whole cancellation incident are worth a reminder. This was the moment I honestly thought Capcom was starting to head down the drain. Whether that actually happens is up to debate, but Capcom, as a corporation, effectively gave the finger to its longest-lasting fan community.

Welcome to the publishing side of gaming and it's creeping reach for power. No longer do we have companies that work as a team, but one side who really wants the money and the other side that just wants to balance that with making a worthwhile game.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
D9oe6.jpg

still hurts

Abylim

I hereby move this thread be deleted! Evertyime I see it it breaks my heart =\

I joined that facebook support group.. it doesnt help. Feelsbadman

Seance

Banned
Oh so THIS is why there is a large contingincy of butt-hurt capcom hating GAFers. I lol especially at people mad at lighthearted twitter replys to raging MM fans. Capcom <3 please make a dragons dogma2.
As you were.

Oh so THIS is why there is a large contingincy of butt-hurt capcom hating GAFers. I lol especially at people mad at lighthearted twitter replys to raging MM fans. Capcom <3 please make a dragons dogma2.
As you were.

This. Plus the On disc content being charged as DLC scandal.
Also they got caught out on a few white lies and a few other thiings

Capcom should admit they cancelled MML3 because it was "cool" to cancel or delay 3DS games because of it's lackluster sales. I doubt they would cancel MML3 by now.

Beth Cyra

Capcom should admit they cancelled MML3 because it was "cool" to cancel or delay 3DS games because of it's lackluster sales. I doubt they would cancel MML3 by now.

Given how some of their other core titles have performed and combine with Rock's recent sales history, yeah it probably wouldn't fair any better now then it did a year ago when it comes to staying alive with Top Capcom excs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yes, Crapcom, make DD2 happen so that it will sell 5% of its projected target again, you go bankrupt, and Arcsys buys the Street Fighter and Darkstalker IPs

And Nintendo can buy the Monster Hunter team and IP officially instead of just 49% of it under the table.

Drago

Best thing about being part of the new batch- I'm already a member. ;)

On-topic, it really sucks this got canceled. I never played a Legends game before, but this one seemed like a lot of fun. I would have bought it... :(

Why aren't the first two/Tron Bonne on PSN yet? Copyright issues?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Junior Member status + highly-encouraged lurking. Works for me, not enough for others!

Long junior status period + junior bans always being permabans = mostly controlled forum populace.

It's just that it takes some of them a bit to be caught by the mods, so here we are.

Beth Cyra

Yes, Crapcom, make DD2 happen so that it will sell 5% of its projected target again, you go bankrupt, and Arcsys buys the Street Fighter and Darkstalker IPs

DD 2 wouldn't have nearly the budget as the first. Given how much it sold, it could easily turn into a large franchise in Japan, which is more then any forms of Rock have right now.

As you were.

troll so hard

I'm a regular member who never liked the Legends series, and even I think this is a bit much.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
It hurts that Capcom has such little faith anymore in a franchise that featured more games than Street Fighter and Resident Evil combined. This topic is a poisonous reminder of that every time I see it, despite not actually having much exposure to the Legends series at all.

Are Legends 1 and 2 available to play on PSN at all?

Spinluck

To be honest, I don't blame the fans for being mad, but I also don't think the worst thing Capcom did was cancelling it. But letting the fans get too involved.

Have your polls or whatever just to see what the fanbase shares as a common interest, and whatnot. But nothing much more than that.

I'll leave making Megaman games to the people that are supposed to the best at it, I think too much fan input can completely ruin a game. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

And no, I'm not saying gamers shouldn't have a voice and shouldn't be vocal about what they want. I just think Capcom should've looked at things more... "realistically".

The development team didn't go as far as you say they did. All the fans really had any input on were minor elements to be added into the game. Everything else that was going to be integral and formative within the game would be done by the developers. I never saw anything wrong with adding in unique NPCs, or voting on Volnutt's new armor.

What bothers me the most about this situation is that Capcom is basically holding the Mega Man IP hostage. Inafune fought to keep Mega Man Legends 3 alive, but Capcom blocked his efforts.

Forever

Banned
What bothers me the most about this situation is that Capcom is basically holding the Mega Man IP hostage. Inafune fought to keep Mega Man Legends 3 alive, but Capcom blocked his efforts.

How can you hold someone hostage if you've already killed them and desecrated the body?

Drago

http://tinycartridge.com/post/27765210996/mega-man-legends-3-rocket-model-the-disturbingly

Mega Man Legends 3 rocket model. The disturbingly dedicated “100,000 Strong” fan campaign is now raising money to build a 3-foot-tall replica of the rocket (which, in the game, is supposed to be used to rescue Mega Man from the moon) and launch it somewhere in Texas, complete with a Roll cosplayer supervising the launch. They’ve already hit the $1000 goal!

The rocket thing is a celebration of Mega Man’s 25th anniversary, and Get Me Off the Moon’s first. I don’t think it would work as a petition to Capcom, but as a fan event, it sounds awesome.

tumblr_m7jfrceEbm1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7jfrceEbm1qzp9weo2_1280.jpg

http://www.gofundme.com/rocket

Well... that's something. :p

Drago

Heck, if this is close to where I live, maybe I'll go.

But... probably not. This is a very dedicated group of people, I must say

Probably a bunch of guys getting together in Central Texas, lol. I'm at the top of North Texas (McKinney), so I'd be far away from Austin when and if they're doing it around there. Then again, they might want to avoid setting off any fire hazard alarms. Central Texas is real dry.

Top Bottom