• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Universe canned

Enk

makes good threads.
To be replaced by Mega Man Powered Up 2 I hope.

Man, Mega Man is not having a good year so far.

Wow, I had even forgotten this game existed. At first I thought this was Mega Man Online (the one with the cool anime trailer).

Sounded like an idea you come up with while drunk. Not that it couldn't be good, but it didn't sound thought through all the way, imo.

fallagin

I don't think it is because it is a megaman property. The game just didn't seem to be of very high of quality really. I don't think this means much in relation to MML3.

EDIT: Wait, MML3 hasn't been greenlit yet?? that doesn't sound too good.

Oni Link 666 said:
Probably because Inafune is gone.
Inafune-Conf-Next-Week.jpg

gogojira

Honestly, the game looked like shit. Seems like it probably played that way, too. I find it harder and harder to care about Capcom these days.

Zen

Banned
CO_Andy said:
Never quite had the fan backing that Legends 3 did, and boy was it ugly.

Yeah, when you're dealing with a niche like MegaMan and even your niche doesn't give something a good reception, chances are it shouldn't come out.

Bring on Legends 3.

Teknoman

Yeah Legends 3 isnt going to be canceled. Too Megaman fans want it, and it's going to be on system that sells like crazy to boot.

Teknoman

AshMcCool said:
I suspect there would have been some hardcore cool user created shit, so this could have been cool.

Maybe...but with Powered Up 2, they could do the same thing (PU1 had a stage editor), have a decent art style, and a remake of MM2 all in one.

TreIII

Well, I guess it was to be expected, after awhile. No real hype, and we haven't really heard anything about it since like NYCC last year.

If I were a betting man? I'd say that Capcom likely canned it, because now that Inafune is gone, there's basically no one standing in the way of having a Rockman X9 and other things relating to the X series being made. And such is more along the lines of what Capcom wants to do next with the series, more than likely.

Zen

Banned
I hope that Inafune had some gentlemen agreement in place when he left Capcom relative to Legends 3, otherwise (if it gets cancelled) I will hate him for ever.

jarosh

probably for the better. it looked like a disaster. shame they made such a big deal out of it... and now there's no new 2d mega man game on the horizon :(

AshMcCool

Teknoman said:
Maybe...but with Powered Up 2, they could do the same thing (PU1 had a stage editor), have a decent art style, and a remake of MM2 all in one.

For a moment there, I imagined 'Powered Up' to be a tool for creating all kind of plattformer levels on the PC, including tweakable physics, different character behaviour(Mario, MegaMan etc.), and changeable artstyle. Someone should do this. :(

Rlan

Loved the concept, but the game LOOKED terrible.

Mega Man 9 and 10 made plenty of money, I think, so it was probably a quality thing.

BiggNife

I played it at NYCC.

Honestly? It was alright, but nothing to write home about. It felt like classic Megaman, but with mediocre graphics. I liked the idea of customizable Megamen (The one I played as at a Metool for a head), but I'm not particularly disappointed that it's not coming out.

Eteric Rice

No worries, what has been done cannot be undone. I give it a few weeks before a couple of hardcore fans start working on an unofficial Megaman Universe.

Game Guru

Makes sense. Why make something like Mega Man Universe for download services when instead Capcom could churn out Mega Man 11 much more cheaply.

Top Bottom