• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman X Collection announced (PS4, XboxOne, Switch, PC)

Andyliini

The collection will include all the main games X through X8. It seems like the RPG spin-off Megaman X Command Mission will not be included in this package. The pack will release in 2018. I got no newws on whether the compilation will be cut in 2 pieces like the origina, but it doesn't look like it.

I will update the OP, when I learn more.

kunonabi

It's actually getting a switch release so I guess Nintendo finally passed Capcom's tests.

Everything after X2 is mediocre to rubbish so I'll pass.

RCU005

The best one is X4, then X2 > X1 > X3 then quality dropped at X5 . Then all of the rest sucked!

I'll be getting this for sure but fuck you Capcom for splitting the OG Mega Man collection in two.

Edit: not sure why I just assumed it would be one single collection this time lol.

I'm morbidly curious to play through X6. It seems like The Room of video games.

No, that honor belongs to X7. X6 is, at worst, a sequel nobody really needed or wanted but expected and has its fans (myself among them). X7 is straight up garbage.

X8, on the other hand, is surprisingly great.

One thing I'll be curious about with this is if we'll be getting the original openings and endings. MM8 we didn't get the original song, but X4 and on had actual openings, too. Also, will we get any upres for X7 and X8 since those were 3D engines even though X8 was mostly 2D gameplay..

Battlechili

Banned
I'm super excited for this.
I've only ever gotten to play X4 and X5 thanks to copies my uncle owned, so now I'll finally get to play all the others!

I wonder if these will be emulation like the first Legacy Collection was or if they'll be using other versions of the games as a base for porting. A lot of the X games already have PC versions so when it comes to the Steam release I can't help but wonder if they'll just take those and touch them up. If they do, then the prospect of whether or not we might even get HD versions of character art and higher quality cutscenes comes into question. The X games are a real treat and a huge step up from the already wonderful Mega Man classic series.

zeioIIDX

Nice. Finally will give X7 and X8 a try. I have the originals of X through X6 but hated the art direction X7 and X8 took so I never played them :/

Andyliini

I'll be getting this for sure but fuck you Capcom for splitting the OG Mega Man collection in two.

Edit: not sure why I just assumed it would be one single collection this time lol.

Now that you mentioned it, yes, they never said it would be a single collection, or even two-part collection. They might as well be individual releases. Can a mod please change the title to something more accurate? Like Megaman X1-8 announced etc.

I wish they’d have remade all of them like Maverick Hunter for the PSP. My god, that game was awesome.

Yep, sadly that's a dream that's likely to never happen..
that being said I still adore the classic 2d style of the X series.

Now that Mega Man 11 is real, I want to know if anyone is interested in a X9.
I know many people do not like the entries post X5 but at the same time there are some like me who do and would love a new X game.

DonF

I wish they’d have remade all of them like Maverick Hunter for the PSP. My god, that game was awesome.

I bet that in other timeline this is true and we have world peace.

I'm morbidly curious to play through X6. It seems like The Room of video games.
It's not that bad, its a "traditional" Megaman X, I like it way more than x7 and x8 (x7 is awful)

only if they have original ost/intro songs

X4 JP intro

X5 JP intro

PLEASE

I could bet the Switch version outsells all others combined.

hahaha my man!

Andyliini

It looks like there won't be a single collection, but two of them, like the original series. Collection 1 and Collection 2 have been rated for Australia, so the series is probably cut in the middle so X-X4 in first collection and X5-X8 on the second. Shame for no Command Mission though.

I'm so happy that I won't have to break bank to get a chance to play the originals (legally), also always wanted to play the 3D ones before X7 turned me off them so this is great for me

With this, and Mega Man 11, Mega Man fans can once again be happy. I love the classic series, but I've only played X1 for a little bit. I keep hearing that X-X4 are even better than MM1-6, so this is definitely on my list of games to get for Switch.

EricB

Even as a big fan of the Megaman X series, a collection of Megaman X 5-8 would be a tough sell. It will be interesting to see how they proceed with this.

Pejo

Disappointed about them splitting it up again. If it was the whole collection I'd have bought it on Switch. Now, it's a no-buy unless I get it on a deep sale someday.

Disappointed about them splitting it up again. If it was the whole collection I'd have bought it on Switch. Now, it's a no-buy unless I get it on a deep sale someday.
It looks like there won't be a single collection, but two of them, like the original series. Collection 1 and Collection 2 have been rated for Australia, so the series is probably cut in the middle so X-X4 in first collection and X5-X8 on the second. Shame for no Command Mission though.
They've been rated by the ESRB as a singular release 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
That's the MM Collection for Nintendo Switch, which is a standalone release. Nothing to do with the MMX collection.

Last edited:

Andyliini

That's the MM Collection for Nintendo Switch, which is a standalone release. Nothing to do with the MMX collection.

Still, I'll welcome the possibility of the original collections coming to Switch as a single package, rather than two separate collections. I also hope for a physical version, even if it's region exclusive.

Last edited:

Corrik

Will buy if it is all the Xs in one package. Mostly just to beat them again and get achievements doing so.

Narroo

Will we ever agree which ones were good?

X4 and X5 were good games, but extremely flawed, and the flaws are steps-back from the original games which makes it all confusing.

its a Pity there Were levels i Liked in 7 but alot of it was a Huge mess - and 8 had an odd difficultly Curve if it recall - got stuck

goldenpp72

Please, if there is any single change to the games on this, allow the dialog boxes in X5 to be optional like in X6, it would make the pace of the game much better.

woopWOOP

If it's gonna be split 1-4 / 5-8 then I wonder how much more the first collection will sell

I've never played 5-8 before and I kinda want to try them for myself, but buying a separate collection? I dunno man. Especially with what I've read about 6 and 7. Will probably wait for a major discount down the line.

If it's gonna be split 1-4 / 5-8 then I wonder how much more the first collection will sell

I've never played 5-8 before and I kinda want to try them for myself, but buying a separate collection? I dunno man. Especially with what I've read about 6 and 7. Will probably wait for a major discount down the line.
6 is actually a pretty good, if rushed and occasionally difficult, game. It shares a lot in common with X5 but not really in a bad way. X7 tried too many new things and added a new and mostly needless character to it all. It also had fully 3D sections that were awful, slow and just not fun. X8 only kept the 3D sections for the couple of speeder levels.

I argue that 1-4 would be a more solid collection, but X3 and parts of X4 are a mar on it, much like X7 and parts of X6 would be on the second collection. But 2 and 5 are my favorites in the series, so I'm a little biased.

Last edited:
Top Bottom