• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman X7: Could use some opinions...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anniversary Collection sparked an interest in checking this out finally. I believe it's going for $30 or less now most places, but I would like to hear some thoughts on it first.

How irritating is the 3D stuff? Control up to par? Any frustrating or overly dumb mechanics? Is it better than X6?

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
MMX7's 3D play elements are crap. 2D segements are ok, but plays slow. Pass on this.

MMX8 looks to fix everything gone awry in MMX7, and it'll play in all 2D to boot. Rock!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Pains me to say it, as I really like to like Megaman (so to speak), but MMX7 is pure misfire. Slow as hell, poor level designs (with some great level concepts), good boss ideas with poor and cheap execusion, and the 3D sections have a few good ideas marred by boring design and a terrible lock-on system.

It also feels cheap; like a low-budget production, great anime intro aside. That's something else which has bothered me for a long time... all of Capcom's MM-X games, to me, feel low-budget. As if they were made on a shoestring with a small staff, and basically shafting one of Capcom's greatest franchises. MM-X8 does look better, I have to admit, but in some ways still has that shabby appearance to it. I have to wonder what would happen if Capcom actually gave Megaman the same kind of attention they do for titles like Resident Evil 4.

kiryogi

Banned
And yet it's sad that X5 was Inafune's last bit on X. They tried lots of things, which I like. But the execution was just really off :/

Top Bottom