• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaton: Halo 3 4 player coop online. Confirmed! Believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumine

Uhhh wait, so...

There's a MS conference in Amsterdam right now?

and

Halo 2 had online co-op?

Something fishy about that article. Good news if true though,

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
<--- I think that confirms I was the reason why Bungie put it in. They couldn't put up with seeing my avatar all the time knowing they'd let everyone down with anything less than 4. :D

jimbo

Banned
This thread needs awesome Halo 3 pic:

155501406320070731173732.jpg

I prefer LAN co-op, but this is awesome news. I'm assuming LAN is there, though. If it isn't, I'll be pissed (as I play laggy online co-op in the same room with my friends).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Lumine said:
Uhhh wait, so...

There's a MS conference in Amsterdam right now?

and

Halo 2 had online co-op?

Something fishy about that article. Good news if true though,
Frankie has been on a World tour of Europe for a couple of weeks now.

My condition for pre-ordering Halo 3 was 4 player co-op. Looks like I'll be stopping by gamestop soon. The wording is a little vague though, and Halo 2 did not support 2 player co-op online, only splitscreen.

traveler

Not Wario
HOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYY SHIIIITTTTTT!!!!!
If true

Now that that is out of the way...lets get some GAF Squads created!

GavinGT

Banned
pswii60 said:
Yeah, it only took them a couple of weeks to implement. WTF!? I highly doubt this is the case.

Something like this would have to be on the drawing board a long time ago.

Seriously, every level would've had to be conceived and scaled for 1-4 players from the very beginning. I'm assuming, of course, that with 4 players there will inevitably be more enemies.

Oh lord, I so hope Frankie/Lukems doesn't squash this one. I'd be soooo sad.

Karg

Deathcraze said:
I'm half expecting either Luke or Stinkles to pop in and say someone got their wires crossed yet again :lol

Awesome if true.

Yeah problem someone asking about co-op and Frankie replies "You can play with 4 people over Live, like the guest system".

I hope its true. I wasn't expecting megaton bombs to hit until later this week from those conferences.

madmook

Wonder who the other two players will be, regular marines or elites? Will they be just as powerful as MC and arbiter?? Will other players be able to jump in and leave at will? We need Stinkles here, now!

Somnid

To put it mildly if true that could possibly seal my 360 purchase (and I've been leaning PS3 for a while now). I'm still really skeptical though, like REALLY skeptical.

The comment about Halo 2 makes this seem they're talking about co-op over SYSTEM LINK. Definitely don't get your hopes up yet. I'm attributing this to crossed wires more than anything.

MechDX

Didnt Stinkles in another thread ask any GAFers from Amsterdam for any good places to eat yesterday? I swore I saw that.

So they went from not being sure whether two player co-op would work online to confirming four player co-op online? :lol

Sounds like bs to me.

Doodis

Um, you can play four-player with or against each other in multiplayer. Unless they specifically say CO-OP, I'm not buying. Not saying it won't happen, but this isn't a confirmation.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What about 5 people at a time??????? Thats what im here for. Sheesh...

EDIT:
Truthfully though this is very vague.

mm04

Proelite said:
Huh? Doesn't sound like 4 -player coop.

Maybe it's a bad translation or something. Seeing that you can already play with or compete against up to 16 players on Live.

But as Nigel Powers would say: "There's only two things I can't stand in this world. Those who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch"

Orlics

MechDX said:
Didnt Stinkles in another thread ask any GAFers from Amsterdam for any good places to eat yesterday? I swore I saw that.

Yeah, Wollan replied and told him to ask Tempy.

Just got of the phone with my editor who is at the Amsterdam event. Frankie just confirmed to him that it is indeed 4 player online co-op. Wuuh!

NME

Hm, let's see:

360 wins

Halo 3 GOTY confirmed

FAP FAP FAP FAP

...something about Killzone 2?

Anyway, I'm excited about this news.

Orlics

Vinterbird said:
Just got of the phone with my editor who is at the Amsterdam event. Frankie just confirmed to him that it is indeed 4 player online co-op. Wuuh!

THE PLOT... LOOSENS.

Frankie might be high though, we can't be too sure.

MechDX

Vinterbird said:

And we trust you because.........

Proelite

Vinterbird said:

What's with the arm-chair insiders recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom