Melania Trump to speak at cyberbullying summit next week

Proteus

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
This seems to have been her particular platform from the start despite the fact that Donald is guilty of the very thing she is fighting against. The irony is real but I can understand why she doesn't call him out on it.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
So she should be able to run this "Anti-Cyberbullying" summit with ZERO criticism and ZERO accusations of hypocrisy? She is gonna speak out about how harmful bullying over social media can be. That the entire point of the summit. She is gonna stand there and give a speech about it and everything.

How many times has she publicly spoken out about her husband constantly bullying people over social media? Oh right.......she hasn't.
Your thought process is just unbelievable.

I love a good debate as much as the next guy but your just being ridiculous.

Whataburger

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
This seems to have been her particular platform from the start despite the fact that Donald is guilty of the very thing she is fighting against. The irony is real but I can understand why she doesn't call him out on it.
Cause he owns her.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Now THIS is some god tier irony. The wife of the man who regularly insults minorities, women and political opponents on social media on a daily basis is gonna give a speech on bullying on social media
gonna need some receipts on trump's insulting of minorities and women. he insults everyone, some of whom are women and minorities.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Destroyed in first reply. Besides, Trump making some funny tweets every now and then is a big difference from actual cyber bullying...

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Numerous kids have committed suicide due to cyber bullying.
You're right. We should be teaching children not to be so invested into a medium they can simply walk away from to end that 'bullying'. Teach them some self responsibility, and self care, since it is impossible to change/police how other's are going to react to you on a socially connected world of distance + anonymity.

"You are personally responsible for becoming more ethical than the society you grew up in."

In social media, self responsibility/care is of the utmost starting point of importance.

Last edited:

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
You're right. We should be teaching children not to be so invested into a medium they can simply walk away from to end that 'bullying'. Teach them some self responsibility, and self care, since it is impossible to change/police how other's are going to react to you on a socially connected world of distance + anonymity.

"You are personally responsible for becoming more ethical than the society you grew up in."

In social media, self responsibility/care is of the utmost starting point of importance.
I don't have the numbers, but I imagine most cyber bullying happens by people that know each other through school or work or whatever. It's not simple to just walk away from that, if anything it could result in more real life bullying.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Hey dumbass, perhaps start with your dolt of a husband.
Stay classy!! That ' dumbass' is worth more to the world than you and your entire family. And more people like her than you. But yeah you told her! What a dumbass she is.

YayNJ

Banned
Jul 30, 2018
London, UK & Kailua, HI.
Destroyed in first reply. Besides, Trump making some funny tweets every now and then is a big difference from actual cyber bullying...
I wouldn't really call suggesting a whole nation is full of rapists, or calling a woman a "dog" to his 54 million followers on Twitter, as the POTUS is really "funny tweeting" is it?

If you genuinely believe that, you're a troll.

Malakhov

Jun 6, 2004
Yeah we should just let her ignore kids being cyberbullied because her husband bullies world leaders, politicians etc.. on twitter.

The hell with these kids! Let them go play the blue whale instead.

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
On the one hand we have Trump shitting on and trolling various political opponents, journalists, hostile foreign officials, and media personalities.

On the other hand we have Melania trying to help kids and teens that are affected, depressed, and possibly even suicidal, due to online bullying by their peers and / or various semi-anonymous hate mobs.

The two really aren't related. Very surface-level at most.

YayNJ

Banned
Jul 30, 2018
London, UK & Kailua, HI.
On the one hand we have Trump shitting on and trolling various political opponents, journalists, hostile foreign officials, and media personalities.

On the other hand we have Melania trying to help kids and teens that are affected, depressed, and possibly even suicidal, due to online bullying by their peers and / or various semi-anonymous hate mobs.

The two really aren't related. Very surface-level at most.
Are political opponents, journalists, foreign officials, and media personalities immune to cyber bulling now? Do they not have feelings and issues? Suddenly they don't have depression, feel suicidal or get affected - just because they are "celebrities"?

They are still human. I hope one day someone with a reach of literally hundreds of millions of people doesn't publicly trash you.

How very narrow minded.

Last edited:

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
Are political opponents, journalists, foreign officials, and media personalities immune to cyber bulling now? Do they not have feelings and issues? Suddenly they don't have depression, feel suicidal or get affected - just because they are "celebrities"?

They are still human. I hope one day someone with a reach of literally hundreds of millions of people doesn't publicly trash you.

How very narrow minded.
I don't recall stating that I support Trump's social media activities.

The more narrow minded idea is that Melania trying to do something good is actually something that she should be shit on for. But everyone loves their partisan circle jerks.

hecatomb

Banned
Jul 30, 2018
If you get offended by some loser hiding behind a computer screen calling you names, you shouldn't be online in the 1st place.

ruvikx

Jan 12, 2018

There's also an issue with people who're too literal for their own good, i.e. with a brittle inability to grasp sarcasms, subtlety, banter & context. An off-the-cuff remark on social media for example (once again Twitter & its character limit) should absolutely not result in meltdowns & squealing. But, I also see plenty of industrialized (& entirely dishonest) "I'm offended" attitudes from people who're driven by an agenda, i.e. some people deliberately go looking for outrage in order to score virtue points & fight the good fight for their respective political team.

I honestly suspect certain people enjoy painting Trump as a bully far more than they ever feel actually "bullied" by his words (because this topic seems to have devolved into another back & forth about the President). That's just the reality of the west's highly partisan political divide.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
I wouldn't really call suggesting a whole nation is full of rapists, or calling a woman a "dog" to his 54 million followers on Twitter, as the POTUS is really "funny tweeting" is it?

If you genuinely believe that, you're a troll.
That's cute. Just label me a troll and dismiss me since you cannot validly debate the issue. The issue is not whether or not his tweets were funny, but if they were cyber bullying, and neither of those two tweets you mentioned fit that bill...

If those tweets were examples of cyber bullying, then wouldn't that make Trump the single biggest victim of cyber bullying on Earth right now?

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
Nobody is on twitter insulting peoples intelligence more than the President. She needs to have seat and work on him.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
This OP reeks of cyberbullying. Maybe she can use this thread in her speech as an example. Imagine silencing a woman because of her husband's words and actions in 2018 for some irony gatcha. How dare you. How dare you.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Maybe she should make immigration her platform instead, oh wait.

That said, instead of throwing shade at her for this when her husband is basically the role model for up-and-coming cyber-bullies maybe we should recognize this as a passive aggressive method of getting back at him on her part. She's done any number of things like this in the past, all of which probably sail right under his radar.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Yeah, that’s what you were doing, respecting women.
Why are you so mad that some people don't hate the First Lady? Tell yourself what ever you have to. I respect her for what she is doing and am not about to trash her personally because of who her husband is. That's low.

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
Why are you so mad that some people don't hate the First Lady? Tell yourself what ever you have to. I respect her for what she is doing and am not about to trash her personally because of who her husband is. That's low.
I don’t care much about her. I just thought it was great and funny that you flew into a fanboy rage and started hurling insults at that guy because he criticized her.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
I don’t care much about her. I just thought it was great and funny that you flew into a fanboy rage and started hurling insults at that guy because he criticized her.
He made a low quality troll post calling her a dumb ass because of her husband. I commented how classless that is. You backed him up. Clearly you care. Why pretend not to? Why is she so bad? To be fair he started hurling the insults first but ok. You bet on your horse so I guess you have to stay with it.

For a topic about Cyber bulling its especially tone def.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
He made a low quality troll post calling her a dumb ass because of her husband. I commented how classless that is. You backed him up. Clearly you care. Why pretend not to? Why is she so bad? To be fair he started hurling the insults first but ok. You bet on your horse so I guess you have to stay with it.

Lol you said she’s worth more than his whole family. Just ridiculous to dial it to 11 in defense of a celebrity

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Lol you said she’s worth more than his whole family. Just ridiculous to dial it to 11 in defense of a celebrity
Yeah her family is worth a lot of money and of more 'value' to the world than one Gaf poster. But as you said with such conviction "i don't care much". :pie_eyeroll:

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah her family is worth a lot of money and of more 'value' to the world than one Gaf poster. But as you said with such conviction "i don't care much". :pie_eyeroll:
Her family as a whole is actually a net negative as far value to the world goes, but I’m sure she appreciates you sticking up for her in the face of vicious cyber bullying.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Mate, you seem to have stuck your dick in the angry, sneering leftist hive. They’ve all shown up to insult you 😂

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Melania is talking about childhood bullying. For the most part ADULTS are not involved in 'bullying'. I wont go too much into it but if you can dish it out as an adult you should be able to take it too. I don't think Trump has actively 'bullying' school aged children online.