• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melty Blood: Type Lumina livestream - June 23rd

Pejo

For those few of us that are interested in this game. There's been no official announcement of localization to English speaking territories yet. Hopefully we get some substantial news during the livestream.

Here's a little more about it:

Pejo

Well, at least they announced all platforms and English localization. Steam, PS4, Switch, and Xbone. Standard for 49.99 Deluxe edition for 69.99, though I'm not sure what it has in it. Releases Sep 30th of this year.

New trailer showing some of the characters.

I'll be honest, this game looks really good. With Strive going the way that it has, it's nice to still have a fast anime fighter that will (likely) play well.

Last edited:

killatopak

If this game is localized and Tsukihime isn‘t, I’ll go bonkers.

At least I’ll have a game to play on a bathroom again.

Javthusiast

Banned
underrated bathroom GIF by Golden Globes

Pejo

You're implying that strive is not fast enough for you? lol
Yea it's like I'm playing in mud. The gameplay itself is a little slower than past GGs, but it's mostly all of the wallbreaks and COUNTER pauses just makes it feel like I'm waiting around to press a button.

teezzy

Banned
I hope this garners a lot of attention like Strive did. Especially with it being available on all platforms including Xbox and Switch

I'm largely unfamiliar with Melty Blood as a whole, but it's nice to see unsung fighting game IPs catch hype with those who wouldn't normally play them

Pejo

I hope this garners a lot of attention like Strive did. Especially with it being available on all platforms including Xbox and Switch

I'm largely unfamiliar with Melty Blood as a whole, but it's nice to see unsung fighting game IPs catch hype with those who wouldn't normally play them
The original is classified as abandonware for PC and available for download from many locations, pretty sure it's legal to do so. Then there's the improved version with more characters on Steam that regularly goes on sale for like 5 bucks or less.

It's a fun series with quite a few unique mechanics. In the old original game, you could keep juggling players after the KO until they hit the ground to flex on them a little, which was a good time.

that will be hard. This game barely has any marketing and will be out in 3 months.

Pejo

that will be hard. This game barely has any marketing and will be out in 3 months.
Yea I doubt very much that it will do Strive numbers, but since it's linked in the same universe as the Type Moon Fate brand, there's a good chance for some crossover purchasing there. The actual fighting game started as a side-mode to a Visual Novel (Tsukihime), if I'm not mistaken.

If they provide a good enough story mode, I could see enough Type Moon fans buying just because of that.

Top Bottom