• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Staff Member status is now required to post in the Politics forum

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Hi. In an effort to curb low effort ideological bombardment from new account registrations, we're restricting Neophytes and Neo Members from posting in the Politics forum. If you are not yet a full Member, currently our rules are 50 posts and one month since registration for the automatic upgrade to Member.

Thanks!

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Not quite as good as perma-banning upon any deviance from a strict, established narrative, but an improvement nonetheless. I do think the idea of doxxing any member who speaks ill of Neogaf, @EviLore, moderators, gold members, or the 1st Amendment should still be instituted, however. There is nothing a late night visit from rightthinkers can't solve. Free speech can only be free if properly regulated and policed, else it may stifle the free speech of the rest of us.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Not quite as good as perma-banning upon any deviance from a strict, established narrative, but an improvement nonetheless. I do think the idea of doxxing any member who speaks ill of Neogaf, @EviLore, moderators, gold members, or the 1st Amendment should still be instituted, however. There is nothing a late night visit from rightthinkers can't solve. Free speech can only be free if properly regulated and policed, else it may stifle the free speech of the rest of us.
Don't you have some spoons to collect?🥄🥄🥄

Last edited:

Barnabot

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2018
Thanks for the measure,staff.

Dude put some /s in this post otherwise some ERA member will read this and start feeling comfortable and then jumping straight to action. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Oh shit you're gold member. I can't speak ill of you.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I was just joking around. It was a reference to the UK thought police and how now spoons are apparently treated as a deadly weapon.
Spoons are dangerous and barbaric. I am thankful they have been removed, and as anyone will be quick to tell you, it's far better to eat soup the traditional way, with a soft soup rag. Squeezing those last drops of broth from it are just so satisfying, especially once the soup rag is properly aged. And nobody has ever killed anyone with a soup rag.

That said, jokes about dangerous weapons are offensive to those who may have been injured by spoons. I am also offended that I didn't get the joke right away, which is clearly your fault. You have been reported.

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
Spoons are dangerous and barbaric. I am thankful they have been removed, and as anyone will be quick to tell you, it's far better to eat soup the traditional way, with a soft soup rag. Squeezing those last drops of broth from it are just so satisfying, especially once the soup rag is properly aged. And nobody has ever killed anyone with a soup rag.

That said, jokes about dangerous weapons are offensive to those who may have been injured by spoons. I am also offended that I didn't get the joke right away, which is clearly your fault. You have been reported.
No lies detected.

Reactions: JareBear

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
A very benign policy that will prevent hit and run attacks on users instead of actual arguments. Good call.

Reactions: EviLore