• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Staff Member status is now required to post in the Politics forum

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
The idea that this is a video game forum went out the window when you created a dedicated political section seperated from off topic.

The first two posts are completely on topic and provoking discussion. Baiting is a term used by people who don't agree with the political or ideological leanings of the message or poster.

The third post can be construed as off topic or baiting I'll give you that.

The fourth post is in response to someone responding to the third. They attempt to downplay an actual political issue.

The fifth post is pointing out the utter futility of arguing politics on the internet. I can post articles backing my statement up and they can fire off an opposing piece from fox news. This isn't trolling. This isn't baiting. This is the sorry state of discussion and debate on this forum and the US as a whole.

This is a pretty political ban/silence and admitting that is fine.

Edit: "We're seeing if the thread runs better without you" is a pretty pompous way of saying my ability to ask for proof from something other than a man who admitted in a court of law that his show is entertainment not news and a tabloid newspaper isn't desired on this forum.
Fellas you gotta tighten up this conspiracy ship
Can't just go around losing crucial documents
That is provoking discussion?

Your attemps at trolling are not taken seriously as sincere discussion, you have to know this. If not, 🤣

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Dec 5, 2017
The idea that this is a video game forum went out the window when you created a dedicated political section seperated from off topic.

It is a video game forum that has a Politics section. If you want pure Politics then there is r/Politics or any number of other dedicated subreddits, sites or forums. Is the student rooms a Politics forum too? If you want to post in our Politics section specifically, that would indicate you value its high quality discussion and wish to participate. Unfortunately your contributions fall short of what is required in that thread. Therefore to keep it of a high enough quality (that obviously attracts people) we have removed you, in the hope it gets back on track with people who are honestly engaged with the topic at hand.

The first two posts are completely on topic and provoking discussion. Baiting is a term used by people who don't agree with the political or ideological leanings of the message or poster.

Now we are the stage of 'I m being silenced when my contributions are worthwhile'. They were not. And they are not in the other thread either. They are suited to Twitter. They do not invite or elaborate on any discussion beyond the intent to provoke or poke people. Be brave, air your thoughts, have them challenged. Lay them bare. You made your stance clear here at which you've continued to haunt the thread with your hot takes, insults and provocation.

Edit: "We're seeing if the thread runs better without you" is a pretty pompous way of saying my ability to ask for proof from something other than a man who admitted in a court of law that his show is entertainment not news and a tabloid newspaper isn't desired on this forum.

No, this is a disingenuous way of saying 'I've been found out and will try and cry myself into a victim position'. Jack Dorsey is not going to save you here. You have been more eloquent in that last paragraph about your stance than you have in the entire thread (barring post 2 and 3 of yours I think). See, you can do it if you try. You really can. Which circles back round to, yes we were right to remove you. Next is the removal from the Politics sub forum if you don't start actually discussing the topics.

Corderlain

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
It is a video game forum that has a Politics section. If you want pure Politics then there is r/Politics or any number of other dedicated subreddits, sites or forums. Is the student rooms a Politics forum too? If you want to post in our Politics section specifically, that would indicate you value its high quality discussion and wish to participate. Unfortunately your contributions fall short of what is required in that thread. Therefore to keep it of a high enough quality (that obviously attracts people) we have removed you, in the hope it gets back on track with people who are honestly engaged with the topic at hand.

Now we are the stage of 'I m being silenced when my contributions are worthwhile'. They were not. And they are not in the other thread either. They are suited to Twitter. They do not invite or elaborate on any discussion beyond the intent to provoke or poke people. Be brave, air your thoughts, have them challenged. Lay them bare. You made your stance clear here at which you've continued to haunt the thread with your hot takes, insults and provocation.

No, this is a disingenuous way of saying 'I've been found out and will try and cry myself into a victim position'. Jack Dorsey is not going to save you here. You have been more eloquent in that last paragraph about your stance than you have in the entire thread (barring post 2 and 3 of yours I think). See, you can do it if you try. You really can. Which circles back round to, yes we were right to remove you. Next is the removal from the Politics sub forum if you don't start actually discussing the topics.
I long for the earlier days of small forums and detest what the internet community has become. That's why I don't post on reddit. This is a forum and what I am most comfortable with. You can pretend this forum is full of high quality discussion all you want, but the fact is in the years I've been here the discourse has become more and more vicious and partisan. You've become a reflection of that which you separated from. The topic at hand is a highly charged political case being pushed by multiple unreliable sources and pointing that out gets you dogpilled. If you're going to enforce rules enforce them on the whole community and not just those who don't agree with the right bend on this forum.

This forum doesn't support airing thoughts as I've stated above. When's the last time you saw a well received left leaning thread created. How have you not noticed the posts of left leaning members becoming less and less common? This forum is turning into a whirlwind echo chamber and the admins aren't doing a thing. You can call me disingenuous or low brow or whatever fine. Don't look at the problem.

Yes I can be eloquent. Yes I can voice my thoughts, opinions, and feelings. Why should I when no one else does? Why am I muted for the same thing others are getting liked and fire reactions? This forum is bent. Moderation is bent. Interactions are bent. Poll the users. Find out the political leanings of active political users and you'll understand exactly what's wrong here.

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract

Corderlain

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Also my last post in gaming was like a week or two ago so that was a lie

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
So we've got a straight up lie and your personal opinion of the "quality" of my posts. That's what moderation is based on here?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
It was one post in a sea of politics post results. I didn’t see it the first time through when I searched your post history either.

What’s the endgame for your crying exactly?

Reactions: -Arcadia-

Corderlain

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
It was one post in a sea of politics post results. I didn’t see it the first time through when I searched your post history either.

What’s the endgame for your crying exactly?
Equal enforcement on low effort posts and a more balanced discussion in politics. Anyone left that posts in this forum is mocked and belittled on all posts and unless you want another resetera something's gotta give.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Equal enforcement on low effort posts and a more balanced discussion in politics. Anyone left that posts in this forum is mocked and belittled on all posts and unless you want another resetera something's gotta give.
Your feedback is noted. The matter is closed.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Dec 5, 2017
This is a forum and what I am most comfortable with. You can pretend this forum is full of high quality discussion all you want, but the fact is in the years I've been here the discourse has become more and more vicious and partisan.

Generally people will return to forums if it offers what they seek. Which is a generally high quality of debate/discussion in a text format. It is not myself actively logging in with my account to post regularly. That is you. I cannot fathom why anyone would log into a forum if they did not value the discussion or want to participate. It would be a waste of my time. Time I cannot get back. The most expensive of all things in this world. Obviously there is some truth in this as our member numbers are rising strongly and activity is bustling and getting heavier each day.

You've become a reflection of that which you separated from. The topic at hand is a highly charged political case being pushed by multiple unreliable sources and pointing that out gets you dogpilled. If you're going to enforce rules enforce them on the whole community and not just those who don't agree with the right bend on this forum.

Now we have arrived at 'but what about that person too!'. This is weak. This exchange is about your reply ban and your behaviour. Reply bans are not visible to yourself, and no one would have been any the wiser you had been reply banned, had you not came in here. There are probably people still posting in that thread who are unaware. Does that mean no action has been taken? But again, the focus is not on other people, this is about the measures taken against you, for your behaviour. Nothing else.

This forum doesn't support airing thoughts as I've stated above. When's the last time you saw a well received left leaning thread created. How have you not noticed the posts of left leaning members becoming less and less common? This forum is turning into a whirlwind echo chamber and the admins aren't doing a thing. You can call me disingenuous or low brow or whatever fine. Don't look at the problem.

It is not the job of moderation to determine which threads get created, nor police threads for opinions. We are here to facilitate honest engagement and discussion. What you want can be found elsewhere. If sources are used that you dislike, then the onus in on you to discredit them and provide credible sources in return. That is how debate works.

Yes I can be eloquent. Yes I can voice my thoughts, opinions, and feelings. Why should I when no one else does? Why am I muted for the same thing others are getting liked and fire reactions? This forum is bent. Moderation is bent. Interactions are bent. Poll the users. Find out the political leanings of active political users and you'll understand exactly what's wrong here.

And this right here proves exactly why moderation was right to remove you from that thread. At this point you are telling us that you log into a gaming forum, that you use almost exclusively for Politics, which is an echo chamber for right leaning people whom are directly opposed to your beliefs. Where you also cannot create a thread that is left leaning, and you want to make no effort to have an honest discussion in. I mean, that's exactly what the moderation step was for. To tell you now is the time to decide if you want to be here and actually participate honestly. For convenience:

Here is the 2018 political compass thread
Here is the 2019 political compass thread

If you want to start the Political Compass thread in Politics then do so. Affirm your suspicions if you will. You have not been formally warned, you are free to create whatever threads you want, you can still post in every thread bar one due to your behaviour. But the forum is bent? All these freedoms but you are being suppressed? You may (by your own logic) be in a minority position/alignment, but you still have the same voice, permissions and outlets as every other individual in this forum. Bar one thread. Maybe if you don't see every person as an enemy, then you won't try to fight everyone when making your points and can have more focused and nuanced conversations.

So we've got a straight up lie and your personal opinion of the "quality" of my posts. That's what moderation is based on here?

Apologies, I must have quickly scrolled through your pages of posts and just missed it. However, it does little to diminish the underlying point about where you spend most of your time. For clarification, the ratio had nothing to do with the moderation action applied to your account. The only posts reviewed were completely in Politics. Aside from thinking you are Hodor holding back an army of Whites (pun intended), I must echo EviLore EviLore at this point, what exactly is the endgame here? To re-iterate, you haven't had a warning, you haven't been banned and you haven't been removed from the subforum. You have been removed from one thread and been asked to up your level of contribution from the level of a retweet. This whole outburst is like a tantrum because you can no longer wind people up in a thread.

Edit: never mind, see above. Feedback noted.

JordanN

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
When's the last time you saw a well received left leaning thread created.
These types of posts always pop up but notice a pattern? You've been here for a long time but you don't want to create content.

Left or Right, no one side is owed anything by default. If you see another well received thread, you don't get to take credit for someone elses work. Make your own if you want that appreciation.

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
For the matter being closed there sure is a lot of clap back specifically from the people bullying opposing ideas out of existence.

Corderlain

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I think you should start a thread about it.
Here's the main man himself. The non-american dedicated to stopping american political discussion. I'm glad you all have come here to illustrate my point. Any thread I post would be dogpiled so quickly it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Here's the main man himself. The non-american dedicated to stopping american political discussion. I'm glad you all have come here to illustrate my point. Any thread I post would be dogpiled so quickly it wouldn't be worth the effort.
You can create a thread to say whatever you want. Nobody will stop you. Come up with a solid argument beyond a Twitter-length one-liner and people will engage with you.

If you honestly think people will just dogpile you based on your posting history and ideology, I will gladly create a thread for you. Send me what you want in the thread, and I'll create it. If you've got a good idea or commentary, it's worth having the discussion, even if a majority of people disagree with it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
For the matter being closed there sure is a lot of clap back specifically from the people bullying opposing ideas out of existence.
The matter was closed between the administration and yourself, which didn't preclude others from commenting. Your main goal appears to be to control the behavior of everyone around you. Between hearing your crybullying attempts, radically transforming the forum to align with your vision, or banning you, I'll give you three guesses as to what I went with.

Kiwicha

Jun 25, 2020
Hi. In an effort to curb low effort ideological bombardment from new account registrations, we're restricting Neophytes and Neo Members from posting in the Politics forum. If you are not yet a full Member, currently our rules are 50 posts and one month since registration for the automatic upgrade to Member.

Thanks!
Not fair! I wanted to... Wait... I'm a member now...

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
Hi. In an effort to curb low effort ideological bombardment from new account registrations, we're restricting Neophytes and Neo Members from posting in the Politics forum. If you are not yet a full Member, currently our rules are 50 posts and one month since registration for the automatic upgrade to Member.

Thanks!
How about Gold Dealers? :messenger_sunglasses:
/s

It can get seriously heated around here, I'll stick to console warring.

Last edited:

Boswollocks

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Mars
It's getting hard to tell which is gaming side and which is politics side at the moment, god damn.

Respect to the mods for letting gaming topics play out before moving them.