• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memories of Reach (Halo 5), now available

IIRC the new REQ's aren't available the exact moment the patch goes up. So hold off on buying packs until its confirmed the new REQ's are up.

I really hope Halo is doing well. It seems so. I am loving this supporting content.

It isn't just maps and skins, it is everything. The work gone into supporting Halo 5 is fantastic.

And all 'free' thanks to REQ Packs.

Can't wait to try this.

Forge updates continue to carry this game into greatness. I am extremely excited to see the improvements people will be able to make to the aesthetics of their maps.

I pray that the next Halo is a spinoff that relies on the Halo 5 engine and continues adding to the existing MP.

Haruko

It may be time to just have Halo Campaigns fully separated from MP for Halo 6 and on.

I would be OK if Halo 5's multiplayer just became the standard "Halo Multiplayer" service going forward, receiving new maps and content rather than starting over with Halo 6 and each successive game thereafter. I feel like we'd end up with the most robust Forge and more focus on making new maps, that way...

Best post launch support ever?

It's right up there with Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer IMO, which is a good place to be

link1201

It may be time to just have Halo Campaigns fully separated from MP for Halo 6 and on.

I would be OK if Halo 5's multiplayer just became the standard "Halo Multiplayer" service going forward, receiving new maps and content rather than starting over with Halo 6 and each successive game thereafter. I feel like we'd end up with the most robust Forge and more focus on making new maps, that way...

It's right up there with Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer IMO, which is a good place to be
I definitely don't think they need to start from scratch moving forward. Hopefully we get more staples at launch going forward.

wwm0nkey

Halo 5 NEEDS to be the base for Halo 6's MP. Just pretty up the engine, add new reqs, add split-screen support and etc. This also frees up resources to campaign mode.

Split-screen should be doable if the 1.5 rumors are real.

Kalentan

I WOULD LOVE if they just kept updating Halo 5's MP and then made Halo 6's SP separate.

Maybe they could do this...

Make the MP psuedo standalone. If you buy Halo 6, you get the "upgrade" package for the MP with it. Say, however, you don't care for the SP. You can buy a cheaper upgrade package to get the Halo 6 stuff.

Chittagong

Gold Member
As per my previous post, I used 'Focused' today during my 10 Qualifiers for the Team Arena Summer Preview and it was so good. It felt like everyone of my shots were landing pretty much without fail. I will be using it 100% of the time from now on.

wake-me-up-halo.gif

I'd love Halo 5 MP as a service too. No need to reset the user base any time soon.

Vico

Haven't played since firefight, but woooooah this seems like the best update yet. From Infection, to these forge textures, and of course the REQ packs update. Coming back soon for sure!

Raide

Loving these updates. Especially the fact that they are updating Forge with more advanced tools etc. The textures options are a great step forward in being able to make some really unique and detailed maps. Just need some more doodads to post around as well!

VariantX

Forge updates continue to carry this game into greatness. I am extremely excited to see the improvements people will be able to make to the aesthetics of their maps.

I pray that the next Halo is a spinoff that relies on the Halo 5 engine and continues adding to the existing MP.

I think this would be great. just keep building on this fantastic base and just expand the current sandbox over time. It just wouldn't feel right to wipe the slate clean and have to sit and wait for them to build up all this new content again from scratch.

Akai__

Could be better than adding free content every month?

Name better.

It's how 343i manages the actual content. We were promised 18+ maps, in the "Halo 5 went Gold" news, and we saw 8 maps so far (and the post release Arena maps are a real letdown). The official game support also ends next month, so they won't be giving us 10 maps in the last update + Firefight. That's very unlikely. There's also the possibility that they once again counted Forge maps to this map count, which would be ridiculous. Then there's also REQ's and if you take a closer look at the REQ's, 90% of that is meaningless visual nonsense, which don't add much to the game from a gameplay perspective. Such a shame, because Halo 5 is finally a great Halo MP game again.

Only the Forge Team has been really killing it with the updates. The dedicated Forge team was a really good decision.

I plan to do a thread after the support is officially over in June or after E3, where I will go more in-depth. Don't want to derail this thread any further.

Just needs a mode that's as good for small PvE groups.

You'll get Firefight pretty soon. 8 players PvE if that suits you.

JaggedSac

It's how 343i manages the actual content. We were promised 18+ maps, in the "Halo 5 went Gold" news, and we saw 8 maps so far (and the post release Arena maps are a real letdown). The official game support also ends next month, so they won't be giving us 10 maps in the last update + Firefight. That's very unlikely. There's also the possibility that they once again counted Forge maps to this map count, which would be ridiculous. Then there's also REQ's and if you take a closer look at the REQ's, 90% of that is meaningless visual nonsense, which don't add much to the game from a gameplay perspective. Such a shame, because Halo 5 is finally a great Halo MP game again.

Only the Forge Team has been really killing it with the updates. The dedicated Forge team was a really good decision.

I plan to do a thread after the support is officially over in June or after E3, where I will go more in-depth. Don't want to derail this thread any further.

You'll get Firefight pretty soon. 8 players PvE if that suits you.

Stinklez said support won't end in June.

I slightly miss the Halo 4 Flood design, but if it was a sacrifice to be made for increased customization to the mode than it was worth it.

Blueblur1

But support won't officially or unofficially be over in June. Or content.

I hope that's true. And I also hope that all the work out into Halo 5 and the engine carries over to future games. I would prefer that next game be gametype-heavy at launch so the support cam be focused more on new gametype-heavy and maps.

Give us Reach. 1080p/60fps. Pls.

Came to read and post this. I know I'm boring.

Great support though. Can't wait for Firefight (and please Ms, bring back original Firefight in 1080p/60 too).

Or release it on pc for an absurd price, I'll even forgive the UWP crap. xD

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Awesome. Almost done with U4. Coming straight back to H5.

Will start downloading when I get home.

L4nnist3r

Have to give it to 343I, they are giving their community a lot of content. This is how you keep your community happy. Well done.

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Akai__

But support won't officially or unofficially be over in June. Or content.

Thanks for taking your time to clarify this. I was really hoping that to be the case.

Not sure why 343i couldn't do this as a company, instead of you confirming it here on NeoGAF. It doesn't help that every press release literally said "Monthly support until June 2016".

Top Bottom