• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memory Card 1019 Problems (will affect 0.01% of you)

explodet

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/memorycard1019.jsp
English:
Because the Memory Card 1019 uses new technology that more than quadruples the previous storage capacity of our other Memory Cards, there may be issues when saving a small number of older games. Please see the list below for games that have a known issue, as well as possible solutions (if available).

Games with known issues when used with a Memory Card 1019:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
If there are more than 999 free blocks on the Memory Card 1019, the game cannot display the amount of free blocks. With less than 999 free blocks, the amount of free blocks will display properly.
While mathematically the Memory Card 1019 should be able to hold hundreds of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle game files, the maximum it can hold is 99.

Backyard Football:
When using an unformatted Memory Card 1019, the game will ask if you would like to format the Memory Card. Selecting "Yes" will cause the game to freeze. If you have an unformatted Memory Card 1019, and wish to save Backyard Football game data, you must first save game data from another game not listed as incompatible on this page. Doing so will automatically format the Memory Card.

Darkened Skye:
If multiple save files are created, the game occasionally will not allow any new files to be created, even though there are enough free blocks on the Memory Card 1019. Removing and reinserting the Memory Card 1019 when this happens should solve the problem.

WTA Tour Tennis:
The game does not recognize the Memory Card 1019 properly, and should not be used. We suggest using a Memory Card 59 or 251 with this game.

Disney Sports: Skate Boarding:
The game does not recognize the Memory Card 1019 properly, and should not be used. We suggest using a Memory Card 59 or 251 with this game.

Disney Sports: Soccer:

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sounds like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle will be the only game that people will be concerned about, and it's not really a problem at all

Grubdog

Banned
Speaking of the Memory Card 1019... anyone know when it's out in Europe/Australia? Because I really need a new one and don't want to buy another 251, because i'll probably need another one after that too. :(

The Faceless Master said:
nintendo sure is thorough with these kinds of announcements... it's almost like nitpicking...

Well it's better than not saying anything and having to answer calls from people protesting how much it sucks and Nintendo sucks. Hey, it's happened with other things. I think it's nice to a company being a little more proactive about malfunctions.

DMczaf

Hmm, lets look at my GC collection

Backyard Football
Disney Sports: Soccer
Disney Sports: Skate Boarding
Darkened Skye
WTA Tour Tennis

:(

Top Bottom