• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men are flocking to a McDonald's in Taiwan to ogle a female employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Via Mashable:

An employee at a McDonald's in Taiwan has recently become the object of the Internet's increasingly creepy affection, thanks to some candid photos.

The female cashier, Wei Han Xu, or Weiwei, possesses a distinctively doll-like appearance. Her unique face prompted customer and blogger RainDog to take photos of her and post them to his blog. In the blog post, he repeatedly refers to her as "Lolita" (perhaps in an effort to reach his more high-brow fans out there).

This act alone could be considered pretty piggish, but soon enough people were clamoring to figure out which franchise the newly dubbed "McDonald's Goddess" worked at.

Fans flooded to the McDonald's in the Da’an District of Taipei City to get a look at Weiwei.

While the cashier has appeared on several game shows as a result of her newfound "fame," her manager isn't exactly thrilled.

According to an excerpt from Rocket News:

[Weiwei's] manager isn’t too happy about the buzz because many of these fans tend to crowd at the counter trying to talk to or snap photos of her, and if she’s not on duty they end up leaving without making a purchase.​

Weiwei has apparently been working part-time at McDonald's for five years, participating in promotions that required her to wear a little pink maid's outfit.

While it seems from her social media that Weiwei doesn't mind the newfound attention, here's hoping that her fans view her as more than french fry-slinging sexual object.

mcdonalds-I.jpg

Stay creepy, Internet.

Madness

I'd have authorities keeping tabs every single person who came to see her and then leave if she wasn't there. She looks like a little kid. I'm not surprised, remember that one inmate here who all of a sudden started to get marriage proposals because he was hot, or that one employee from target everyone liked and then girls sent death threats to his girlfriend. It's a crazy world with social media.

#teamcg

Reminds me of that thread of the dude in S Korea that just hung out at an eatery all day bugging the girls that worked there. Can't remember much else though but I know El Torro made an epic gif of it taking scenes from I Saw The Devil.

#teamcg

Reminds me of that thread of the dude in S Korea that just hung out at an eatery all day bugging the girls that worked there. Can't remember much else though but I know Torro made an epic gif of it taking scenes from I Saw The Devil.

Came here to post that, I remember that thread. People eventually found out that he had a lot of strange stuff going on.

Acorn

Why are the bags in English?
I asked this about English words randomly on Japanese store names/products/etc I was told basically because it looks "cool". Maybe same thing there? Plus McDonald's branding never changes, just like coke or whatever.

Africanus

This reminds me of that "Alex from target" wave that occurred last year that saw an increase in female patrons at Target.

People can be socially inept when they see a person they desire.

FTF

That first picture is pretty creepy/robot/doll looking, but this other pic in the article is less drastic/makes her look more normal/human, etc.

McDonalds-II.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom