• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men are flocking to a McDonald's in Taiwan to ogle a female employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because women are saints, right? Remember the case of this guy?

enhanced-12271-1395935286-15.jpg

People can find people to be very attractive. Shocking, I know.

It's different, though?

a) She looks like a kid

b) They're showing up to her workplace. She can't leave or be rude to the at risk of being fired. Unlike that guy, who 1) has authority and 2) can go to a different area

So yeah, it's creepier than that. Not saying that women can't be creepy, too, but it's different.

Not really sure why you're defending them, either.

It's different, though?

a) She looks like a kid

b) They're showing up to her workplace. She can't leave or be rude to the at risk of being fired. Unlike that guy, who 1) has authority and 2) can go to a different area

So yeah, it's creepier than that. Not saying that women can't be creepy, too, but it's different.

but she's an adult woman though. are you attributing her youthful look as something detrimental?

Ishida

Banned
It's different, though?

a) She looks like a kid

I haven't met a kid that looks like that. She looks young, yes, but not like a kid.

And women also showed to that guy's workplace, and not exactly to take the train either. Tons and tons of women just went there to take pictures with the guy. How is that any different?

And according to the report, the girl also works as a model and actually enjoys the attention.

Tagyhag

Female employees are required to wear short skirts, and heels? Jesus, why would any woman work there? Standing all day in sneakers is hard enough, but I can't imagine standing around all day in those.

Unglue your eyes from her legs and look to the right of the picture.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
'here's hoping that her fans view her as more than a french fry-slinging sexual object'
I'm trying to imagine what else they hope they are viewing her as.

It's different, though?

a) She looks like a kid

is this satire

Fitts

All the GAFfers who use anime avatars lurking this thread are probably what's currently bringing the site to its knees.

Lucis

It's also a type of fashion over there. Gothic Lolita and elegant Lolita.

Ya.
People who doesn't know the culture of the said society usually comment about stupid things.

In China/TW lolita or (small loli) is usually used to describe young looking girls who are cute/sweet.

My wife have a full closet of lolita fashion dresses, it's pretty big among people who are into them. A week ago she calculated, the closet is worth over 40k USD = =

Opto

Banned
It's pretty fucking creepy to take a pic of someone where they're working and then a bunch of men flock to where a cute girl may happen to be.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I prefer to show up to women's houses, that way I don't disturb them during their jobs.

That's pretty damn creepy. She does have strikingly cute features, but flooding her place of employment to snap pictures is still gross.

Her boss getting pissed about it is funny, since I imagine he had a hand in dressing her up in maid costumes to promote the store.

does lolita fashion which originated in Harajuku happen to resemble clothing worn by little girls?

Sweet lolita can often look that way imo, but I've seen some nicely put together outfits that managed not to look that way. There's also classic lolita, gothic lolita, and a good amount of other substyles, which focus less on colors and fabric prints that would be associated with childish things. Generally the style is very modest.

I'm thinking the word lolita was taken in part from the book, but there isn't much else the fashion style has in common with it other than that.

Bluth54

Female employees are required to wear short skirts, and heels? Jesus, why would any woman work there? Standing all day in sneakers is hard enough, but I can't imagine standing around all day in those.

Is it that hard to actually look at the picture and realize there is another female employee in that picture not wearing a short skirt and heels?

Way to entirely miss the point.

tis a silly point though.

people have been attracted to youthful looks for ages.

a 60 year old millionaire going for a 20 year old eye candy isn't some mysterious aspect of humanity.

i really hope this isn't turning into a typical "anime gaf ugh" knee jerk reaction cause AN ADULT person looks youthful but SOMEHOW its bad to be attracted to them for their physical attributes.

taking pics and stuff is creeper status yah, but being attracted to her physical featuresis bad because of their own hangups? eehh....getting close to body shaming bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom