Men face more discrimination than women overall, according to new research which takes into account areas where men are disadvantaged over women

Feb 22, 2018
The academics behind the new study say current ways of measuring gender inequality are “biased to highlight women’s issues” so they fail to produce an accurate picture. Their new yardstick, snappily named the Basic Index of Gender Inequality (BIGI), instead focuses on three factors – educational opportunities, healthy life expectancy, and overall life satisfaction.

The academics, from the University of Missouri in the US and the University of Essex in the UK, used these factors to calculate equality scores for 134 nations, representing 6.8 billion people.
The results are in and, surprisingly, men were found to be more disadvantaged than women in 91 countries while women were more disadvantaged than men in 43. Men are worse off in the US, Russia and most European nations.
Journal with results: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0205349

Elements of the study show that parity between the genders increases as civilizations develop, but that in the most developed societies, things are better for women than men. In the majority of countries audited women are found to have more career/education opportunities, more work/leisure flexibility, higher self-reported happiness and better health with far lower incidence of career injury or death.

Captain obvious study is obvious. But I guess every bit helps in shutting up the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018
Where's the link for the reporting? I assume you took the title from there but there's no mention of "discrimination" in the Journal article and I don't think this helps clear things out.

Anyways, anyone who has a clear mind knows that women are a protected class and one of the main goals of "progress" is to make their lives easier and easier. This is not usually a problem unless the protected class starts demanding power, while clinging to their status which they themselves don't recognize, broadly speaking.

Aug 15, 2018
Discrimination isn't a contest guys...

Both men and women face some terrible things based on their sex. However, personally I think some of the problems women face are pretty dang big (sexual objectification for instance, and for the most part being more physically and emotionally vulnerable). Also, not really discrimination, but women have to also deal with periods and most eventually give birth in their lives (these experiences seem so alien to me as I will never fully understand them as I am a man, from what I can gather they are at least unpleasant sensations to put it mildly).

As a guy I admit I have some problems as well, especially trying to be an honorable and saintlike man in all that I do. I also have to try to hide my feelings but I sometimes suck at that and I nust feel mad or depressed at everything. Sometimes I just feel weak both physically and emotionally (even if it is not true, I don't know my strength, I hope that I am strong). Sometimes when I shake a man's hand It feels very hard and tough like a rock and I wonder how my own hand feels (to me it feels like a loose, stingless jellyfish). :(

We should try to improve the lives of everyone, male or female, and quit acting like the opposite sex has it so much better (I'm talking to you radical feminists and male rights activists). Men nor women are devils, and thinking they are so just doesn't make sense.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Both men and women face some terrible things based on their sex. However, personally I think some of the problems women face are pretty dang big (sexual objectification for instance, and for the most part being more physically and emotionally vulnerable). Also, not really discrimination, but women have to also deal with periods and most eventually give birth in their lives (these experiences seem so alien to me as I will never fully understand them as I am a man, from what I can gather they are at least unpleasant sensations to put it mildly).

As a guy I admit I have some problems as well, especially trying to be an honorable and saintlike man in all that I do. I also have to try to hide my feelings but I sometimes suck at that and I nust feel mad or depressed at everything. Sometimes I just feel weak both physically and emotionally (even if it is not true, I don't know my strength, I hope that I am strong). Sometimes when I shake a man's hand It feels very hard and tough like a rock and I wonder how my own hand feels (to me it feels like a loose, stingless jellyfish). :(

We should try to improve the lives of everyone, male or female, and quit acting like the opposite sex has it so much better (I'm talking to you radical feminists and male rights activists). Men nor women are devils, and thinking they are so just doesn't make sense.
Don't take our cynicism as us wanting to reverse the oppression hierarchy, rather that it would just piss off altogether.

Feb 22, 2018
Where's the link for the reporting? I assume you took the title from there but there's no mention of "discrimination" in the Journal article and I don't think this helps clear things out.

Anyways, anyone who has a clear mind knows that women are a protected class and one of the main goals of "progress" is to make their lives easier and easier. This is not usually a problem unless the protected class starts demanding power, while clinging to their status which they themselves don't recognize, broadly speaking.
Title is my own based on the study + the science subreddit. The quote is from a news snippet I don't care to advertise. The Journal and its findings are the focus.

There is also oppression if you are unmarried with no family vs if you are married with kids.As if the former were children of a lesser god.
Depends on your family/religiosity of that region. I'm unmarried and in my 30's. Not a peep about it from anyone, they wouldn't dare. Hulk smash.

Don't take our cynicism as us wanting to reverse the oppression hierarchy, rather that it would just piss off altogether.
Indeed. It's about putting an end to this manufactured moral panic. This topic is one facet of that panic.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2015
Women do get a lot more ‘choices’ in life. Men are pretty standard and have to roll with it.

Women can choose to work and still be well supported in life. They could even choose divorce and take a man for all he’s worth, so much that she doesn’t even need to work ever again.

It feeds into everything, go into a store like Target. How large is the Women’s section compared to the Man’s? 2 times? Nope. 3 times? Nah. 4-5 times bigger usually. (I’m not exaggerating)

Now ask yourself why is that?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Women do get a lot more ‘choices’ in life. Men are pretty standard and have to roll with it.

Women can choose to work and still be well supported in life. They could even choose divorce and take a man for all he’s worth, so much that she doesn’t even need to work ever again.

It feeds into everything, go into a store like Target. How large is the Women’s section compared to the Man’s? 2 times? Nope. 3 times? Nah. 4-5 times bigger usually. (I’m not exaggerating)

Really? Because women shop a fucking lot. It’s basic supply and demand.

Mar 7, 2018
Title is my own based on the study + the science subreddit. The quote is from a news snippet I don't care to advertise. The Journal and its findings are the focus.

Depends on your family/religiosity of that region. I'm unmarried and in my 30's. Not a peep about it from anyone, they wouldn't dare. Hulk smash.

Indeed. It's about putting an end to this manufactured moral panic. This topic is one facet of that panic.
I ask because the focus of the study is on general well being and not on discrimination in itself.

Jan 29, 2014

Also, not really discrimination, but women have to also deal with periods and most eventually give birth in their lives (these experiences seem so alien to me as I will never fully understand them as I am a man, from what I can gather they are at least unpleasant sensations to put it mildly).

And our nuts are on the outside...

And why do Men not shop a lot?
If it's cold we need a warmer coat, men buy a warmer coat. If it's cold women will buy several warmer coats, one in each colour, one in each style, sometimes they will buy two or more of the same style, in the same colour, indistinguishably different to the eye of your average man. Most men are functional. Women are peacocks.

Sep 17, 2012
This too but I was more referring to the ingrained notion of pro-natalism that is still endorsed, enforced and encouraged by majority of countries, nowdays even China

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Any person is discriminated against for [reasons] when the researcher gets to arbitrarily pick the criteria.

I'm not disagreeing with the findings. I just think individuals need to embrace that you are going to face discrimination at some point of your life. It won't be fair, but you have the ability to overcome it. If you need help, reach out and ask for it. If you don't get help, push forward and figure it out yourself.

This is the cruel reality of the human existence. Many choose to embrace higher truths to help deal with it.

Aug 5, 2004

Why do you think that is, actually? Why do target and most clothing stores have larger women’s sections?

Dec 3, 2018
However, personally I think some of the problems women face are pretty dang big (sexual objectification for instance, and for the most part being more physically and emotionally vulnerable).
Can you explain how sexual objectification is a “pretty dang big” problem? How are you defining sexual objectification, and what problems stem from it?

Social media is to blame. If you ever want to understand social media, read Animal Farm. Instead of the pigs being Lenin and Stalin, they are forum moderators.

Dec 22, 2010
Discrimination is never mentioned in the research article. Interesting twist from the OP.

Taking a look at the specifics:
  • We found that low levels of human development are typically associated with disadvantages for girls and women, while medium and high levels of development are typically associated with disadvantages for boys and men. Countries with the highest levels of human development are closest to gender parity, albeit typically with a slight advantage for women.
  • We argue that the disparities, when they are found, are related to the sexual division of labor (i.e., traditional gender roles) in poorly developed countries as well as the underinvestment in preventative health care in more developed nations.
  • Further, the GGGI truncates all values such that no country can, by definition, be more favorable for women than for men (for details see below). As a result, existing measures do not fully capture patterns of wellbeing and disadvantage at a national level.
  • Among the many examples are harsher punishments for the same crimes and an overrepresentation (93% worldwide) in the prison population; compulsory military service (in living history or currently); the large majority of homeless people without shelter are men; higher levels of drug and alcohol abuse; higher suicide rates; more occupational deaths; underperformance in schools; and, men are more often victims of physical assault in general and within schools, thus limiting educational opportunities. Men are also overrepresented in occupations that are risky (e.g., exposure to toxins) and physically taxing, such as front-line military duty, firefighting, mining, construction, or sewage cleaning.
  • For example, fewer young adult men than women enroll in tertiary education in most developed nations. Although this may represent a disadvantage for men, it may also simply reflect a preference for a less academically oriented pathway into vocational occupations.
  • It is also clear that education is most often the reason for why women and girls fall behind, whereas men’s disadvantage is largely in a shorter healthy life span in the high and very highly developed nations.
  • Unhealthy lifestyle choices related to alcohol, tobacco, exercise, and unhealthy food will reduce the health status of populations. The success of approaches to preventing unhealthy lifestyle choices may depend on gender (and so contribute to the level of gender inequality).
  • Of interest is that a higher proportion of overweight men is almost uniquely observed in countries where BIGI favors women.
  • The average sex ratio in regard to high-volume drinkers was 0.26, that is, there were on average 4 times more male than female high-volume drinkers.
  • Countries with very high levels of human development are closest to gender parity, and deviations from this typically favor women.
  • Of interest is that women have a longer healthy life span than men in nearly all countries. Although this is a pattern common to mammals, the cross-national variation cannot be simply due to biological sex differences alone. This is because it is exaggerated in certain regions of the world (e.g., eastern Europe) that are likely related, in part, to behaviors (e.g., alcohol and drug abuse) resulting from wider cultural and economic challenges (although these are not well understood).
  • In fact, one may argue that in many contexts the division of labor and income in families can provide advantages to women, giving them an opportunity to benefit from the family income to cover costs associated with raising children.
  • The lack of gender inequality does not imply that women or men have abundant opportunities in life, and neither does it mean that a country is free of sexist attitudes.
  • It should be noted that of the three components, education shows the most variability across nations, and is the factor that can be most directly influenced by governments. It is also a factor that is recognized as influencing one’s opportunities in life and is seen as a valuable resource in most places in the world.
  • Once a certain level of economic development is achieved, there is no rationale for why girls or boys should be disadvantaged in access to and availability of primary or secondary education. This remains a challenge in many parts of the world. Across the nations assessed here, there are 76 countries in which girls are educationally disadvantaged compared to 58 countries in which boys are disadvantaged.
  • Our overall results suggest that in today's world, many countries have achieved an historical level of gender parity. Even so, resolving gender inequality is only part of what is needed to ensure that all people can reach their full potential; overall gender parity on its own is not sufficient, because it can simply mean that both men and women lack opportunities in different facets of life quality.
  • Internationally, improvements in gender parity may be reached by focusing on education in the least developed nations, and by focusing on preventative health care, for example in regard to abuse of drugs and alcohol, in medium and highly developed nations.
My summary on this (which reconfirms my previously held beliefs) is that society is unfair in many ways to both men and women and pushing an us vs them mentality is counterproductive and toxic. What's most disadvantageous towards men and women are strict gender roles and a lack of individualism. However, individualism can only be recognized once a society is productive enough. Strict gender roles mandating that men must go to war and in the early days of capitalism that women must raise children were a necessary evil but now can be cast aside. People should be free to live as they see fit without fearing societal backlash from nonconformity. Men who insist that women cannot serve in combat roles for instance only disadvantage themselves.

Dec 16, 2011
Life gets so much easier (regardless of your particular set of circumstances) when you make friends with the fact that life is not now, never has been, nor ever will be fair and equitable. We all have legitimate gripes, but peace comes from acceptance, not resistance.

Take a deep breath and smile at your insignificance and impotence.

Sep 8, 2015
And our nuts are on the outside...

If it's cold we need a warmer coat, men buy a warmer coat. If it's cold women will buy several warmer coats, one in each colour, one in each style, sometimes they will buy two or more of the same style, in the same colour, indistinguishably different to the eye of your average man. Most men are functional. Women are peacocks.
I read your entire post in Ron Swanson's voice and it was amazing.

Jun 13, 2017
Strict gender roles mandating that men must go to war and in the early days of capitalism that women must raise children were a necessary evil but now can be cast aside. People should be free to live as they see fit without fearing societal backlash from nonconformity. Men who insist that women cannot serve in combat roles for instance only disadvantage themselves.
I'm sorry but this is moronic, " gender roles mandating that men must go to war and in the early days of capitalism that women must raise children", what exactly does capitalism have anything to do with this? This rule has existed since forever and for very good reasons, mostly biological ones, for starters men are stronger and handle high stress situations better due to testosterone, this isn't "patriarchy" oppressing women, it's just biology. Another reason is reproduction, while a man can have has many children has he wants, a women can only have one child every 9 months, this means that having your female population dying is much more damaging than your male one. So yeah these are the reasons men went to war and women didn't.

Now I could give a shit who wants to go get shot at, but pretending women didn't go to war because "muh opression" is just really fucking stupid.

May 12, 2007
Texaa
Life gets so much easier (regardless of your particular set of circumstances) when you make friends with the fact that life is not now, never has been, nor ever will be fair and equitable. We all have legitimate gripes, but peace comes from acceptance, not resistance.

dionysus the guru's guide to happiness follows along with this thought. One should focus one's efforts and emotions on things one can influence the most. 1. Yourself and if your religious your relationship with God. 2. Your Family and very close friends. 3. Your friends. 4. Your acquaintances and local social circle. 5-8. Nothing, blank because of the large gap in ability to influence. 9. Politics 10. Society and Culture.

So much of the current culture tells us to focus on things we have the least ability to individually change. Mostly because social media focuses on universal experiences to engage a large audience.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2009
I kinda find it surprising that academia allowed for such an article to get passed through. I feel like this is Jordan Peterson being vindicated. However, people always want to ignore the most obvious signs for the most convenient ones.

Jul 26, 2018

Well said.

We live in a culture that imbued with the spirit of meritocracy (Bootstraps essentially). But many people on the far left don't understand (or refuse to understand) that grading everyone on a equal / suffering scale is impossible. There is too many variables to level the playing field in a way that doesn't discriminate against others. Everyone has struggles, and you cannot judge the struggles of others. People can be part of one privileged group, but have dealt with impossible hardships that has made the path to a life worth living impossible. Abuse, disabilities, mental illness etc are some of the things that impact people just as much as racism and sexism.

But many people have less disregard for the suffering of others. And as you see corporate America begin to fully embrace employment primarily based on quotas rather than performance, you risk making it normalized for HR recruitment departments to actively and openly stereotype and dismiss people on their quota profile. I don't think most people like to be defined on anything other than your own person. You're not black, white or asian. You are just you. And so to actively make your employment about what token group you fit into based on century-old outdated ideals about ethnicity is fucking stupid and dangerous.
We should absolutely embrace diversity. Because diversity makes us stronger and helps us infuse new ideas into what we are doing. But at the same time, we need to stop thinking that diversity and inequality cannot go exist. Not everything that is unequal is terrible and not everything that is diverse is necessarily good. There is a spectrum to these things and it needs to be used on a case by case basis.

There are new hiring procedures in some HR departments where the candidates will solve skill, personality and teamwork tests and puzzles to show performance and skill in line with what the company needs, without the HR department knowing the ethnicity or gender of the candidate. These sort of recruiting has the potential to bypass a certain part of the HR bias that goes on in recruiting.

We need to find a better way to get qualified workers into the fold. And we need to find a better way to gauge enrollment in education besides rewarding kids just for being good at taking tests. Being good at tests is only one kind of intelligence, of which there are many. Many great potential workers and students are discriminated against simply by the one dimensional archaic and frankly stupid way, we grade people in competitions. But coming up with a new comparable universal standard is very difficult.

Dec 22, 2010
I'm sorry but this is moronic, " gender roles mandating that men must go to war and in the early days of capitalism that women must raise children", what exactly does capitalism have anything to do with this? This rule has existed since forever and for very good reasons, mostly biological ones, for starters men are stronger and handle high stress situations better due to testosterone, this isn't "patriarchy" oppressing women, it's just biology. Another reason is reproduction, while a man can have has many children has he wants, a women can only have one child every 9 months, this means that having your female population dying is much more damaging than your male one. So yeah these are the reasons men went to war and women didn't.

Now I could give a shit who wants to go get shot at, but pretending women didn't go to war because "muh opression" is just really fucking stupid.
Nowhere did I say oppression. We formed gender roles out of necessity. Now they are no longer needed. And yes after the medieval times in which women were removed from positions of power (village healers, herbalists) into that of the caretaker as feudalism was challenged by capitalism was a form of regression. Was it an intentional choice because of patriarchy? No. But it happened nonetheless. If you wanna learn more give this a watch and follow through on his sources.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
The topic title is slightly misleading because the study measured disadvantages, not discrimination. Nevertheless, considering the overly simplistic general tendency to attribute gender inequality to social discrimination, I can see where OP is coming from.

What I find not in the least bit surprising is the fact that gender equality is greatest in societies with western ideals:

This flies directly into the face of the militant far-left rhetoric that represents western societies as a patriarchal hellhole, where women are constantly being oppressed by white male sexists. The study certainly does not lend credence to the widespread belief that women are systematically oppressed by western values and societal structures.

What is also not surprising is that women are more disadvantaged in less developed countries where religious bigotry, strict gender roles and the harsh realities of everyday life oftentimes prevent women from accessing educational facilities. What I do find a little bit surprising though is that men trail behind when it comes to education in developed countries. Which, again, goes contrary to the feminist narrative that women have less educational opportunities in western civilizations.

All in all, I find it regrettable that discrimination and inequality have become poisoned by identity politics. Combating inequality should not be held hostage by silly gender wars, as general measures that reduce societal inequalities are usually to the benefit of everybody, regardless their immutable characteristics.

What irks me most about identity politics centered around the notion of privilege is that equality is regarded as a zero sum game, where disadvantages can only be remedied by taking away from those who are advantaged. Such a mindset only leads to a highly fractured society, where every identity demographic is fighting for their own corner. When it comes to social inequality, that is not a tenable solution at all as social solidarity is slowly eroded and replaced by social envy.

P.S.: That "philosophy tube" video is the cringiest pseudo-intellectual bullcrap I've seen in a while. Dude might have a career in interpretive dancing or as a low grade b-movie vampire, but should stay away from philosophy.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2010
But that's not what men say.

What is said is that women, biologically on the average, are less capable than men when it comes to combat.
Yep. But the research in the op presents this as a disadvantage for men (since they will die more often due to war) and then the op conflates this with discrimination. No one fact checked the op nor does he seem to understand the research that he misrepresented. Is it discrimination that in highly developed nations men are more often fat or 4 times more likely to be high-volume drinkers?

This thread is a fucking embarrassment.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
Yep. But the research in the op presents this as a disadvantage for men (since they will die more often due to war) and then the op conflates this with discrimination. No one fact checked the op nor does he seem to understand the research that he misrepresented. Is it discrimination that in highly developed nations men are more often fat or 4 times more likely to be regular drinkers?

This thread is a fucking embarrassment.
But then by your own logic feminism has been lying forever and is a fucking embarassment.

Nov 12, 2016
The only privilege I have as a white male is that society expects me work for everything I have. I never have the opportunity to claim victim. That motivation is actually the greatest thing you can do for a person.

The privilege that the leftist media tries to push is a farce. The only "privilege" as they use it, exists for women, especially good looking women.

Men are put into more dangerous scenarios and DIE more often from that. I could stop the discussion right there. Could you imagine if more women vs men were in professions where they died? We would stop the world from turning. Not to mention men are legally discriminated against in so many other areas. They can be denied a job if a man, charged higher insurance rates, denied custody, required to pay child support and alimony, and so much more for just being a man. What parts of the system as specifically stacked against the women for being a woman?

A beautiful women has the most privileged life on this planet. The world is thrown at her. Jobs want beautiful women. They have their pick of almost any man, and can choose a rich lifestyle far easier than a man could "choose" one. Women are often quick to blame sexuality/looks when it doesn't favor them. Yet, they don't seem to have that same level of distaste when it often benefits them.

Both sides have their issues to deal with. The reproduction aspect is tough on women in many ways. Fear not though as we've stacked the legal system to address that. Unfortunately, way more of the women's issues are manufactured vs men's issues.

Nov 12, 2018
There is also oppression if you are unmarried with no family vs if you are married with kids.As if the former were children of a lesser god.

No joke. But at some point in middle age, can<t remember the country/city but Unmarried men with no children had to pay tax after a certain age.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
And many more men like to play sports more than women, but Title IX says that's sexist.
I don’t understand any of what you say here sorry.

Shops having a large section for women’s stuff isn’t a conspiracy, shops want to make money so they sell things.... that make them the most money.

Mar 12, 2014
2019 - My demographic has been discriminated against the most. No, my demographic has been discriminated against the most. Nah ah, you're both wrong, my demographic has been discriminated against the most. Screw all of you - my demographic has been discriminated against the most. What!?!?!?!?!?! - everyone knows that my demographic has been discriminated against the most. Oh hell no!!!!! - those people over there have been discriminated against the most.

And the cycle continues. When in reality probably 95% of "discrimination claims" in 2018 stemmed from the person crying having been an insufferable jack off that no one wants to be around.

Mar 7, 2018
2019 - My demographic has been discriminated against the most. No, my demographic has been discriminated against the most. Nah ah, you're both wrong, my demographic has been discriminated against the most. Screw all of you - my demographic has been discriminated against the most. What!?!?!?!?!?! - everyone knows that my demographic has been discriminated against the most. Oh hell no!!!!! - those people over there have been discriminated against the most.

And the cycle continues. When in reality probably 95% of "discrimination claims" in 2018 stemmed from the person crying having been an insufferable jack off that no one wants to be around.
Except for the title there's no talk about discrimination here. It's about quality of life (as measured by three specific parameters). The relevant discussion is not about discrimination, which I think is too muddy and nonsensical, but about the presumption that men have it better than women due to the current system, which is quite frankly a bullshit statement that needs to be challenged.

Some men might groan about women just as some women groan about men. That's just how people are.

Aug 15, 2018
Can you explain how sexual objectification is a “pretty dang big” problem? How are you defining sexual objectification, and what problems stem from it?
Sexual objectification is a problem that one can gather from the name itself (not to be insulting). It is turning a human person into some kind of sexual fantasy. The beauty of a woman is a great thing, but a man can pervert what is good by itemizing the woman's majestic glory and not truly recognizing her person. It is very easy to sexualize a woman. As men we are very visual creatures who love pretty ladies, even I have trouble with that sometimes.

Social media is to blame. If you ever want to understand social media, read Animal Farm. Instead of the pigs being Lenin and Stalin, they are forum moderators.
I would agree that social media amd the internet really connects people and spreads information and ideas. A bunch of men or women who feel crappy with their lot in life and decide to blame others could easily find refuge with like minded people on the internet.

Dec 3, 2018
Sexual objectification is a problem that one can gather from the name itself (not to be insulting). It is turning a human person into some kind of sexual fantasy. The beauty of a woman is a great thing, but a man can pervert what is good by itemizing the woman's majestic glory and not truly recognizing her person. It is very easy to sexualize a woman. As men we are very visual creatures who love pretty ladies, even I have trouble with that sometimes.
Yes, but HOW is it a problem? How exactly does not truly recognizing a woman as a person work on a practical level? What effect does it have, and how much of an effect? It’s easy to he are something and think, “oh, that’s bad”, but if you can’t quantify that bad, then how do you know that you aren’t just operating on an emotional level? And emotions make for terrible science...

A bunch of men or women who feel crappy with their lot in life and decide to blame others could easily find refuge with like minded people on the internet.
Oh, the effects are worse than incels and the alt-right. The true danger of social media in how it affects the people who don’t think they are the ones being negatively affected.

Feb 22, 2018
Members of a sexually reproducing species SEXUALIZE one another based on appearance!? OH NO! The terror!

Good looking Men are also sexualized in media and in public. This is not a problem for normal individuals. If you don't like it stay in the basement. Nobody should be entitled to having their feelings protected in public.

Last edited: